Gaming Nintendo Classic Mini (Console)

Devil81

Been trying to get my hands on one of these for the last week, £50 for the console and 30 in built games.

The only problem, there as rare as rocking horse shit!

Currently selling for three times the value on ebay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is the kind of thing I'd play once, realise it's a bit boring then never touch again

Devil81

Why on earth have they made the controller cable so short, apparently it's arms length!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is the kind of thing I'd play once, realise it's a bit boring then never touch again
Probably depends on how old you are, and what was your last console...

If you're like me, mid 30s, and stopped at the SNES, it'd probably still be worthwhile.

If you're 20s, a regular gamer, with the latest systems, you could surely only find the old stuff utter crap.

is there a SNES version planned anyone know?

I talk about this, but in fairness I probably haven't even touched a console in 20years!

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I want one but without Tetris I don't think I'd get enough use out of it to justify the cost, both in terms of money and space and I already have a couple of original consoles with a flash cart. It's annoying because brand new official nes d-pads would be amazing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would imagine there will be with how popular this one is. Fingers crossed anyway!
I'd be torn with the whole thing to be honest.

I used to waste hours playing this stuff, and then championship manager. I had the fitness of an American fat kid.
Now i'm the opposite, very fit, and couldn't imagine going back to that loungey lifestyle :lol:

Devil81

Sega have a similar mega drive system out, I wasn't a fan really.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Probably depends on how old you are, and what was your last console...

If you're like me, mid 30s, and stopped at the SNES, it'd probably still be worthwhile.

If you're 20s, a regular gamer, with the latest systems, you could surely only find the old stuff utter crap.
Yeah, I had a SNES and a Megadrive when I was very young and I love looking back nostalgically, would love to play them for a little bit because of that, but I know after one night I'd never want to touch those games again. I think if I was a teenager during the SNESs prime I'd look back on with more fondness like others do.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I'd be torn with the whole thing to be honest.

I used to waste hours playing this stuff, and then championship manager. I had the fitness of an American fat kid.
Now i'm the opposite, very fit, and couldn't imagine going back to that loungey lifestyle :lol:
It doesn't have to be one or the other :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I had a SNES and a Megadrive when I was very young and I love looking back nostalgically, would love to play them for a little bit because of that, but I know after one night I'd never want to touch those games again. I think if I was a teenager during the SNESs prime I'd look back on with more fondness like others do.
It is a little bit of a risk, that those 30 games ARE the extent. The beauty with consoles was always the choice of 100s of games. That glory of going to some second hand store, and the thrill of buying a new game, as a kid.

I suppose at £50 for the whole thing, that's a hell of a bargain, compared to £40-50 A game. Makes you weep selling that stuff on for buttons when it cost so much to begin with.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sega have a similar mega drive system out, I wasn't a fan really.
That might be an interesting alternative.
I Was strictly Nintendo only as a kid, only using Sega round a pal's house. So you'd sort of be treading new ground!

Devil81

It is a little bit of a risk, that those 30 games ARE the extent. The beauty with consoles was always the choice of 100s of games. That glory of going to some second hand store, and the thrill of buying a new game, as a kid.

I suppose at £50 for the whole thing, that's a hell of a bargain, compared to £40-50 A game. Makes you weep selling that stuff on for buttons when it cost so much to begin with.
The Mario games alone will keep you entertained.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
That's true mate. In fairness I could cut out the time on these sort of forums, and just do the game!
Looks like we all benefit then ;) Joking of course!

I need to find more time to play all these SNES (and the rest!) games I keep buying, but I can't bring myself reduce my Caf time :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably do need to ask myself why at my age i'm on a forum with a bunch of teens/early 20s discussing console games in fairness!!

bri2013

I managed to get hold of one of these for £48, for my daughter for xmas. Had to pre order it though. Just as well I did because as the OP pointed out, they are out of stock everywhere except ebay.

Had a quick go of it to make sure it worked (Like you do!) and pacman is exactly as I remembered it back in the day.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I would imagine there will be with how popular this one is. Fingers crossed anyway!
That would be the dream, so many SNES games still stand up against the test of time.