g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Nintendo Classic Mini (Console)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am at the age where I had more of a relation to the SNES than the NES. I would buy the shit out of a classic mini SNES.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am at the age where I had more of a relation to the SNES than the NES. I would buy the shit out of a classic mini SNES.
If they could create the SNES mini version to be like the Megadrive one, which allows original cartridges to be used as well as the inbuilt games, it'd be pure perfection I think.

That 30 games only and no way to add others in is a real drawback to the NES one.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
They're selling them, but I don't know if they're in stock anywhere.
Cheers for clarifying that. I was on that same webpage myself and figured that in order to 'justify' selling them and taking customers' money in the process they would have to have at least some in stock.

Guess I was wrong which is a bit of a fecker since I've asked for one for Christmas.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Cheers for clarifying that. I was on that same webpage myself and figured that in order to 'justify' selling them and taking customers' money in the process they would have to have at least some in stock.

Guess I was wrong which is a bit of a fecker since I've asked for one for Christmas.
I've just had a look and if you add one to your trolley it'll tell you if it's in stock for collection/delivery to you, and wont let you carry on if it's not.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I've just had a look and if you add one to your trolley it'll tell you if it's in stock for collection/delivery to you, and wont let you carry on if it's not.
Yep. Just saw that myself. Cheers.

arthurka

Super hard to come by and prices on the interweb are through the roof..

Devil81

Complete farce how many Nintendo released, surely they should have anticipated how popular these machines would be.

Totally pissed off trying to find one every day.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Complete farce how many Nintendo released, surely they should have anticipated how popular these machines would be.

Totally pissed off trying to find one every day.
Everything about it is shit planning

It's like Nintendo don't want to make money.

No stock anywhere. So scalpers make a fortune.

Tiny cables and no option to buy an official Nintendo extension cable. So 3rd party manufacturers clean up.

It's also non networked and has no expandability. Could you imagine if it had network capabilities and an SD card slot where you could continue to buy NES games to add to the collection. They would surely clean up

Devil81

Everything about it is shit planning

It's like Nintendo don't want to make money.

No stock anywhere. So scalpers make a fortune.

Tiny cables and no option to buy an official Nintendo extension cable. So 3rd party manufacturers clean up.

It's also non networked and has no expandability. Could you imagine if it had network capabilities and an SD card slot where you could continue to buy NES games to add to the collection. They would surely clean up
Suspect they will already be considering all of what you've just said.

Devil81

Bit the bullet and paid £90 on Ebay, I've allowed the missus to buy it me for a prezzie.

Only problem is she won't let me have it until crimbo!!

Zen

I got one right here, still not touched. Good thing I couldn't get rid of it for £80 earlier this year.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Got one a month or so ago and only turned it on twice

I do intend to get through original Zelda at some stage

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So far I've completed Super Mario Brothers, The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man 2.

I recently made a start on Ninja Gaiden but now unsure whether to carry on given how hard it is already and the fact that it becomes even worse later on. I may well switch to Metroid instead.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
So far I've completed Super Mario Brothers, The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man 2.

I recently made a start on Ninja Gaiden but now unsure whether to carry on given how hard it is already and the fact that it becomes even worse later on. I may well switch to Metroid instead.
Ah you have to stick with Ninja Gaiden, it's such a satisfying feeling when you complete it. I beat it a few months ago for the first time on my second play of it :drool: Such a great game.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Would be interested in @Redlambs views on what the thought process was behind this, from start to finish

I think it was poorly planned from the start. And they probably made very little margin on the thing. These days when anything is released in the games industry the initial payment is just the start. They continue to make money on each product through DLC etc...

But Nintendo stupidly released something they were never going to get anything further out of. It could have been a money making machine if the option was there to buy and download further games and if it had an SD card slot

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that with SNES. But then again...Nintendo

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Ah you have to stick with Ninja Gaiden, it's such a satisfying feeling when you complete it. I beat it a few months ago for the first time on my second play of it :drool: Such a great game.
Appreciate the encouragement, mate! May well stick with it...but those fecking eagles! :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just buy a Rasperry Pi and install an emulator on it. With this Ninendo mini product you had to buy new remotes anyway because the chords were comically short and to change a game you had to restart the thing instead of just being able to quit to some sort of menu.

My guess is that Nintendo weren't that happy with the product themselves and are probably developing a better one.

Bojan11

Just buy a Rasperry Pi and install an emulator on it. With this Ninendo mini product you had to buy new remotes anyway because the chords were comically short and to change a game you had to restart the thing instead of just being able to quit to some sort of menu.

My guess is that Nintendo weren't that happy with the product themselves and are probably developing a better one.
Erm this was going to be limited edition run all along. Nintendo have just done what they were going to do from day one they announced it. I doubt Nintendo are planning on releasing any new ones. They'd more likely focusing on getting much of these old games on the switch.

Snow

Erm this was going to be limited edition run all along. Nintendo have just done what they were going to do from day one they announced it. I doubt Nintendo are planning on releasing any new ones. They'd more likely focusing on getting much of these old games on the switch.
Where did it say that this was a limited edition?

Bojan11

Where did it say that this was a limited edition?
This was the plan all along, according to Nintendo in a statement to IGN.

“NES Classic Edition wasn’t intended to be an ongoing, long-term product. However, due to high demand, we did add extra shipments to our original plans,” it told IGN.
They'd be devaluing the virtual console on switch by releasing more of these type of consoles. So I don't think we'd be seeing another one for a while.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They'd be devaluing the virtual console on switch by releasing more of these type of consoles. So I don't think we'd be seeing another one for a while.
You said they said it from day one though. There's a difference between a company saying it'd be limited edition from the start and saying it is limited once it is being pulled.

Bojan11

You said they said it from day one though. There's a difference between a company saying it'd be limited edition from the start and saying it is limited once it is being pulled.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-n...r-intended-as-a-product-but-as-a-commercial-1

This pretty much explains it.

It was never going to be a long term product or they going to release more types of these products as it will devalue the virtual console where they can charge 15-20 dollars for each game.

It's like Sony releasing a machine with ps1 and ps2 classics whilst charging £12 on the PSN for PS classics. Which they actually do.

Snow

Saying it now that they didn't intend it to be released more is not the same as announcing it with the product so the announcement that they are discontinuing it is news to everyone.

Dan

Eurogamer are reporting that a SNES version could be released.