Gaming Nintendo Switch

Rudie

Mentary
I didn’t really enjoy Zelda breath of the wild, I must be one of the few. I never really played the Zelda franchise before though, so perhaps that’s something to do with it. I did enjoy Links Awakening though!

Luigi is a must grab I think. Super Mario Odyssey is another. Pokemon Sword/Shield is fun if you enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Yoshi’s crafted world is pretty good too.
Thanks! Luigi's Mansion it is :D

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I didn’t really enjoy Zelda breath of the wild, I must be one of the few. I never really played the Zelda franchise before though, so perhaps that’s something to do with it. I did enjoy Links Awakening though!

Luigi is a must grab I think. Super Mario Odyssey is another. Pokemon Sword/Shield is fun if you enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Yoshi’s crafted world is pretty good too.
I thought breath of the wild was massively overrated. It lacked all the things that made other Zelda games great. It had a vast open world with no reward or pourpose.

GBBQ

Thanks! Luigi's Mansion it is :D
No doubt there's people who don't rate Zelda BOTW but check out the Forum page for all those who did love it as one of the best ever. Its an absolute must buy for the Switch in my opinion so definitely check it out for yourself!

Also if, like me, you didn't have a Wii U then there are some ports of games like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario Bros U which are great to get lost in for a while.

gza the genius

I can't decide between Pokemon Sword or Luigi's Mansion 3. Any recommendations?

I haven't really played any Pokemon games since I had a Gameboy ~20 years ago. I have no clue what to expect with Luigi's Mansion but I did love Mario Odyssey.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I can't decide between Pokemon Sword or Luigi's Mansion 3. Any recommendations?

I haven't really played any Pokemon games since I had a Gameboy ~20 years ago. I have no clue what to expect with Luigi's Mansion but I did love Mario Odyssey.
I've put 300 hours into Pokemon SWSH, go with Luigi's Mansion 3 it's the better game imo.

Gehrman

Breath of the Wild is easily one of the best games ever.

Its really not. It lacked everything great zelda games had. Story, atmosphere, memorable characters, collecting useful tools, great puzzles and great bosses.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Its really not. It lacked everything great zelda games had. Story, atmosphere, memorable characters, collecting useful tools, great puzzles and great bosses.
That's not really a criticism, secondly it's subjective, just because I say it is doesn't make it so you have to argue about it with me, when it comes to game I don't like discussions about how good a game is.

Gehrman

That's not really a criticism, secondly it's subjective, just because I say it is doesn't make it so you have to argue about it with me, when it comes to game I don't like discussions about how good a game is.
Thats fair enough. Im the biggest Zelda fan there is and was just dissapointed. But as you say its subjective.

Gehrman

Can you attach switch lite to the tv and play with a controller?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Can you attach switch lite to the tv and play with a controller?
I think there are videos on YouTube of how you can do it, but you'll probably break your warranty in the process.

20solskjaer

Anyone know how/if you can transfer saves from one profile to another?

my daughter got a switch lite for christmas and has been playing lego city undercover quite a bit, finally got round to transferring her profile over from my switch today and she now has two profiles on the lite, one that has the lego save and one with everything else, looking to move the lego save to the other profile and then delete the new one

GBBQ

Picked up Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training. An old housemate of mine had it on the DS back in the day and the whole house got very competitive with it.

Rudie

Mentary
Any controller recommendations? Are there any that match the PS4s for performance or get near it?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I second that. If you can afford the pro controller and play the switch on TV a good bit, it's well worth the investment.

Massive Spanner

Alienware turned a gaming PC into a Nintendo Swit…:
Anybody seen this? Alienware have developed their own version of the Switch that runs games at Gaming PC specs.
I can't see it, not with full blown Windows 10 anyway. Either MS would need to make a stripped down version of it specifically for gaming or someone like Valve would need to make a mobile version of Steam. If someone got it right, it would be amazing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've only played one Zelda game in my life and it was the Wii version. What an incredibly overrated game that is, I found it just incredibly boring. I know a ton of people love it but I thought it was utter rubbish. I suspect I'd feel the same about the others.

Gehrman

I've only played one Zelda game in my life and it was the Wii version. What an incredibly overrated game that is, I found it just incredibly boring. I know a ton of people love it but I thought it was utter rubbish. I suspect I'd feel the same about the others.
Skyward sword?

Massive Spanner

That's what people told me when I said I only played one and hated it.

It was phantom hourglass.
BotW is so different to other Zelda games though. You shouldn't really approach it thinking that if you disliked previous Zelda games then you won't like it.

It is the ultimate sandbox game set in the Zelda universe, basically.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
BotW is so different to other Zelda games though. You shouldn't really approach it thinking that if you disliked previous Zelda games then you won't like it.

It is the ultimate sandbox game set in the Zelda universe, basically.
This. It lives and dies on the player's imagination and willingness to explore and be creative.

People are still finding new things to do with the amazing world and how everything flows together.

Perhaps the next game will be more focused now the world and engine is there, best of both worlds :)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Loved BOTW though I did feel there was something missing from the game. And the dungeons that weren’t dungeons were disappointing.

Still one of my favourite games of the last decade.