Gaming Nintendo Switch

Most likely going to get it. That trailer could be better though and I wish they would have shown a Pokemon game on it.

I actually think combining their handheld and home console is a genius idea. Monster Hunter and Pokemon as exclusives. No need to split development between consoles etc.

Whether it'll get "hardcore" gamers back is another thing entirely though

I actually think combining their handheld and home console is a genius idea. Monster Hunter and Pokemon as exclusives. No need to split development between consoles etc.

Whether it'll get "hardcore" gamers back is another thing entirely though

That's a plus point for Nintendo, as they can churn out far more games. Especially if the third parties disappear!

Well that was disappointing to say the least. I have no interest in handheld gaming. This is probably going to be the first Nintendo console I don't end up buying. Having said that, the bastards will probably do something like get Beyond Good & Evil 2 as a console exclusive and force me to buy it for one game.

Was wondering when you'd turn up!
I'd forgotten all about that it was going to be shown, and I loaded up Youtube and saw a video called "Nintendo Switch reaction!".

Looks cool to me. Seems to have loads of different options just without being too confusing. Guess I can start saving my Amazon vouchers now :cool: Only five months!

Looks absolutely brilliant. Day 1 for me 100%.

Not bothered about all this talk.

If Nintendo wanna be taken seriously then they need to price this sensibly. Price this at £300 then it is game over for them. It needs to priced around the £150-£200 if they wanna make sales. Otherwise why would someone buy this if they can buy a PS4 or Xbox one for that price.

The online infrastructure needs to be better.

If Nintendo wanna be taken seriously then they need to price this sensibly. Price this at £300 then it is game over for them. It needs to priced around the £150-£200 if they wanna make sales. Otherwise why would someone buy this if they can buy a PS4 or Xbox one for that price.

I think they have to focus on the games, they can offer something Sony and Microsoft can't.

I think they have to focus on the games, they can offer something Sony and Microsoft can't.

Wii U has a lot of great first party games. The best first party games from a console in a while.

The problem is nobody was prepared to pay £300 for Wii U. When sales aren't doing well then third party support starts to drop.

I think it looks terrible to be honest. Which makes me really sad

I wonder what the battery life of that thing would be.

Otherwise I'm cool with it. Let's see if it has real support, not just a few launch ports.

Nintendo taken seriously?... c'mon now.

:lol:

What's the previous shortest time between announcement and launch for a console? Still excited that it's just five months away :drool:

In March 1995 Sega announced the Saturn would be released in September 1995, however at E3 in May 1995, Sega announced the Saturn could be bought immediatly. This move backfired and it was one of the reasons the console failed to sell well outside of Japan.

http://www.1up.com/news/day-history-sega-announces-surprise

What's the previous shortest time between announcement and launch for a console? Still excited that it's just five months away :drool:
Was the PS4 & Xbox one announced around march and came out in November, and the PS4 Pro at E3 and out in November

That's not a new Mario Kart or Splatoon I take it but like definitive editions of the Wii U ones?

Dunno about Splatoon, but the Mario Kart is different to 8 since it has different characters and showed you could hold two items, whereas 8 had just one.

Would that necessarily discount it being a definitive version with extra stuff? Wonder what price this is, 200-250?

Dunno about Splatoon, but the Mario Kart is different to 8 since it has different characters and showed you could hold two items, whereas 8 had just one.

Olly, I could beat you at Mario Kart.

Id love a Nintendo console that offered everything from Mario and Zelda to GTA, Fifa and all the other big AAA titles, just a simple (yet powerful) console that gives me everything Nintendo as to offer with the option of buying all the major games. I've never been into mobile gaming and this new thing doesn't interest me much, there always has to be a fecking gimmick with Nintendo they annoy me to be honest.

They could have built a console on par with the ps pro (or even original 4) and marketed a brand new online service to rival PSN and Xbox live, along with multi plat support and id bet the hype would have been through the roof.

That looks brilliant, another genuine innovation from them that others will no doubt follow. I hope it sells.

You most probably could, Mario Kart isn't one of the Nintendo franchises I've played that much (compared to the others), TBH :p

Ah damn, I wondered if you were a savant tier MK player.