Gaming Nintendo Switch

And now just pre-ordered Octopath Traveler Collectors Edition for £31.99 from Argos.

Doubt it will be honoured though.

Anyone had their hands on Labo?
Got it for my son for his birthday. It's pretty impressive as a demonstration of the Switch's capabilities, but not sure how much fun can be had once all the bits are built.

I started playing SteamWorld: Heist yesterday. From the first few missions it seems like something I'll enjoy quite a lot. Although right now I'm wondering whether I'll actually use all of the crew.

I started playing SteamWorld: Heist yesterday. From the first few missions it seems like something I'll enjoy quite a lot. Although right now I'm wondering whether I'll actually use all of the crew.
It's a great game, really loved it. And I did try to keep using everybody so they were all at a similar level, at the end of the day it doesn't matter much though, you could also just use your favorites if you want.

It's a great game, really loved it. And I did try to keep using everybody so they were all at a similar level, at the end of the day it doesn't matter much though, you could also just use your favorites if you want.
Yeah I considered that approach as well. Right now I like to have at least one sharpshooter (Piper) and someone shooting in an arc (Ivanski, who's also a tank).
Do you ever get to use more than three crew mates in one mission? I haven't seen more so far but I'm still in the early stages obviously.

Yeah I considered that approach as well. Right now I like to have at least one sharpshooter (Piper) and someone shooting in an arc (Ivanski, who's also a tank).
Do you ever get to use more than three crew mates in one mission? I haven't seen more so far but I'm still in the early stages obviously.
I think four is the maximum if I remember correctly.

Rumor has it the next Pokemon game is a remake of Kanto and is called Let's Go, also a leaked picture shows nintendo showing gamdplay from Metroid, Yoshi, and Fire Embelem, along with a trailer for Pokemon.

Finally playing Wonder Boy since it's on sale. Seriously, I can't help smiling when I play it - what they've done with the art style is incredible.

Part of the soundtrack in SteamWorld Heist is basically from Final Fantasy IX, I think it is. I thought others would've noticed but I couldn't really find anyone else mentioning it. What say you? If you've played both.

Pokémon announced.

I think the graphical style is very good, and Pokémon GO integration is cool if it gets more people to buy it. Only downside I can see so far is apparently no 'wild battles'... I' not sure how you train your Pokémon other than NPC battles. Maybe you can just re-battle every trainer as much as you like?

A more true Generation 8 game on the Switch is coming in the second half of 2019 as well.

Pokémon announced.

I think the graphical style is very good, and Pokémon GO integration is cool if it gets more people to buy it. Only downside I can see so far is apparently no 'wild battles'... I' not sure how you train your Pokémon other than NPC battles. Maybe you can just re-battle every trainer as much as you like?

A more true Generation 8 game on the Switch is coming in the second half of 2019 as well.

I'm thinking maybe they'll introduce a training area? A bit like a base you can train your pokemon in with some other cool features.

Depends on how much you enjoy having the portability I suppose. If you only ever play on the TV and also have a PS4, then there's probably no reason to go for the Switch version.
I own a PS4 but I also love the portability, maybe I should wait for Wolfenstein II.

I've had some incredible game son Mario Tennis already. Might uninstall ready for the full game now.

That would be cool. I think they're only going to show games coming in 2018 though. Or maybe focusing most of their attention on them, so maybe they might show a little bit I guess :drool:

They have to show something. Would be great to get a release date, and maybe just a cinematic with just a little gameplay...please Nintendo :D

feck, think my left joycon has an issue. Not getting an LED on it at all although it seemingly works. I'm worried it's the start of a bigger problem.