Gaming Nintendo Switch

JohnZSmith27

Ok so, main quests pretty much done in BOTW and Odyssey. I have things like Splatoon, Mario Kart and Rocket league to dip and out of but want something to get lost in for a while like Mario & Zelda. Any recommendations?
Are you into JRPG games? Xenoblade is a good one if you are. I put about 100 hours into it and really enjoyed it.

GBBQ

Are you into JRPG games? Xenoblade is a good one if you are. I put about 100 hours into it and really enjoyed it.
I've not played many of them but the ones I have, I've enjoyed. Will give it a look, cheers.

Sweet Square

Ok so, main quests pretty much done in BOTW and Odyssey. I have things like Splatoon, Mario Kart and Rocket league to dip and out of but want something to get lost in for a while like Mario & Zelda. Any recommendations?
Enter the Gudgeon is a really interesting a top down shooter.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I got myself Rayman Legends yesterday which I look forward to playing when I've finished Axiom Verge. I was sold after playing the demo and remembering liking it back in the day so I had to bite at ~£13.
Also it felt weirdly nice to put Mario Kart in the card holder that came with my case (Rayman is only my second physical game, so it's just been empty so far).

Coxy

Football Manager Touch released today! Bit pricey at £30...

Still, great to see it on the Switch

SirAF

Ageist
Ok, give me ONE reason not to buy the Switch.. I’m feeling a bit impulsive today :drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ok, give me ONE reason not to buy the Switch.. I’m feeling a bit impulsive today :drool:
If you're not that arsed about Nintendo exclusives or some indies then i wouldn't bother. Third party games are best played elsewhere, so it's the exclusives that you'd be buying it for.

Castia

Been playing Oxenfree on Switch. Picked it up for around £4 on sale its a good little game for the price.

I really want Footy Manager but I can't justify £30 when I already have it on pc, if it drops to £20 I might be tempted.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Did anybody get Football Manager for the switch? Is it any good?

Coxy

Did anybody get Football Manager for the switch? Is it any good?
Can't justify £30 when the season is so close to end - and I already bought it on PC.

Will definitely pick up next season.

Very positive impressions on resetera (a gaming forum)

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Can't justify £30 when the season is so close to end - and I already bought it on PC.

Will definitely pick up next season.

Very positive impressions on resetera (a gaming forum)
Wow that forum is insanely active, I think you just cost me a couple of hours a day by sharing it :lol:

Coxy

Wow that forum is insanely active, I think you just cost me a couple of hours a day by sharing it :lol:
Haha yeah it’s great for gaming. There’s some social warriors on there though just to warn you. Concentrate on the gaming and it’s great

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm probably going to be getting one soon since my uncle is going to the US and therefor I can get it for about 50% less than here.

I'm thinking about getting a bundle with Super Mario Odyssey and also Zelda, Mario Kart and a pro Switch remote. Haven't been a Nintendo owner since NES so is that about all I need for equipment?

Maagge

I'm probably going to be getting one soon since my uncle is going to the US and therefor I can get it for about 50% less than here.

I'm thinking about getting a bundle with Super Mario Odyssey and also Zelda, Mario Kart and a pro Switch remote. Haven't been a Nintendo owner since NES so is that about all I need for equipment?
Maybe a case or bag for bringing it around and some kind of screen protector as well. If you'll get physical copies of games you might want something to store the cards in too.

Snow

Maybe a case or bag for bringing it around and some kind of screen protector as well. If you'll get physical copies of games you might want something to store the cards in too.
I don't think I'll be bringing it around that much. I own my own car and the commute is about 10 minutes.

Don't the games come in a physical storage?

Coxy

I don't think I'll be bringing it around that much. I own my own car and the commute is about 10 minutes.

Yes. But I put all my cards in my case. Means I don’t need to open the cases constantly. Also I have a case just to protect it when it moving around the house. It never leaves my house but moves from room to room sometimes.

Maagge

I don't bring mine around that much either, except for when I'm traveling. But I like the case for storing it in the house as well, if I need to put it away for some reason. Last week we had a great big party for instance so it was good to have somewhere to protect it.

They do but the cases from the store are quite a lot bigger than the game cards.

I bought the below along with some tempered glass for the screen. It's not the most stylish but gets the job done.

Snow

Yes. But I put all my cards in my case. Means I don’t need to open the cases constantly. Also I have a case just to protect it when it moving around the house. It never leaves my house but moves from room to room sometimes.
Get something like this
I don't bring mine around that much either, except for when I'm traveling. But I like the case for storing it in the house as well, if I need to put it away for some reason. Last week we had a great big party for instance so it was good to have somewhere to protect it.

They do but the cases from the store are quite a lot bigger than the game cards.

I bought the below along with some tempered glass for the screen. It's not the most stylish but gets the job done.

Cheers!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Well I bit the bullet today and bought one. Got Zelda and Mario Odyssey with it. I’ve also ordered a carry case and memory card. A bloody expensive day and I still have to pick up a pro controller :p

Marcelinho87

Got a switch today, brand new for £150!

What accessories do we recommend?

Not got any games yet but I will set up my Boomerang account and rent a few.

GBBQ

Completed Axiom Verge over the weekend. Great game but the fight with Athetos was surprisingly easy.

hadn't paid too much attention to 2D platformers on the PS4 so was surprised hwo addicted i got to AV.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I've just started Splatoon 2, I'm doing well so far but at what level do I start getting all the good gear?