Gaming Nintendo Switch

Golden Nugget

That Smash reveal was literally the best teaster trailer I've ever seen for anything ever. I get goosebumps thinking of the horror on the Inkling's face as the logo reflects in her eyes. Never thought a cartoon plumber could be so intimidating. Nintendo know how to do a mic drop.

Also, the reactions in the NYC store were intense, people literally fainted...
Arugh. I want to sell my switch and never play another video game again.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
What upcoming games are you guys most interested in?
Basically anything Nintendo is kicking out I'm generally interested in. Most of all Smash and Pokemon though. Looking forward to No More Heros too, glad something was finally shown of it on the Direct, I was starting to think it had been forgotten about.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Ok feckers add me let’s all get some Cafe Mario Kart action going

SW-2586-2403-5126
Breath of the Wild bundle from Nintendo direct. Glad I did because it’s great, ran the battery down today playing it on the go :lol:

By the way, my friend code is SW-6634-1835-8010 everyone add me please cos I have no friends
Added both of you, mine is SW-8453-0906-6500.
@Snowjoe @Olly @TheSamulator I added the three of you, here's my code if anyone wants to add me:
SW-4453-7669-8686
SW: 5521-9373-0623
@Bill.s.preston Those are the ones I found.

kidbob

Didn't see this thread at the time so I'll reiterate what I said in a different thread. Where the hell are the remakes of the old Pokemon games, ala Red, Blue or Yellow? Make them into a more walkthrough type with more tasks than just battling and levelling up your Pokemon. Surely this shit would be a goldmine on pure nostalgia alone?

Edit: is the Zelda game really that good? Girlfriend just got a switch and have been thinking of a birthday present (one of course that i can enjoy to!)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Didn't see this thread at the time so I'll reiterate what I said in a different thread. Where the hell are the remakes of the old Pokemon games, ala Red, Blue or Yellow? Make them into a more walkthrough type with more tasks than just battling and levelling up your Pokemon. Surely this shit would be a goldmine on pure nostalgia alone?
Firered and Leafgreen?

Seriously though I've been saying on here in the past that I couldn't understand why we hadn't seen a 3D core Pokémon game yet. Back in fourth grade in the 90s I was brainstorming with two friends how such a game would work, writing everything down and so on. And ~20 years later we still haven't seen such a game.
The market for a game like that would be absolutely huge. They'd be rolling in it.

kidbob

Firered and Leafgreen?

Seriously though I've been saying on here in the past that I couldn't understand why we hadn't seen a 3D core Pokémon game yet. Back in fourth grade in the 90s I was brainstorming with two friends how such a game would work, writing everything down and so on. And ~20 years later we still haven't seen such a game.
The market for a game like that would be absolutely huge. They'd be rolling in it.
Was thinking of a more modern type game than those maybe. Like you said it'd make stupid amounts of money. Even if the premise was based around the original TV series to a certain point.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Was thinking of a more modern type game than those maybe. Like you said it'd make stupid amounts of money. Even if the premise was based around the original TV series to a certain point.
The TV-series was based on the games, not the other way around.

Maagge

Aye, they are by the rumors working on it for the switch though. :)
Yeah I'm hoping it's something like that.
Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo pull a number on us and release a non-core Pokémon game. Or a compilation of the old ones or something. Or a completely new one, but sticking to the old engine.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Firered and Leafgreen?

Hasn't everything after Gen 6 (X and Y) been 3D? Or do you mean more like Colosseum and XD

Maagge

Hasn't everything after Gen 6 (X and Y) been 3D? Or do you mean more like Colosseum and XD
I guess it sort of is, but in a way where it's basically the equivalent of tilting the perspective of the games released on the various Gameboys as far as I can see. So only a very incremental improvement and not really the type of open world RPG I imagine would be huge for the series.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bought Sonic Mania the other day. Been playing a little bit when i can. Really good game, excellent soundtrack and some nice level designs. You got a mix of old stages remixed slightly, and some totally new one's.

If you've never been fan of Sonic this isn't going to sway you as it relies on your nostalgia for the previous games. I don't like what they've done with the chaos emeralds stages though; they fecked them up in my opinion. But really enjoying it so far.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So Kirby is gettig average reviews, no surprises there though after playing the demo I could see it's targeted more towards kids as its far too easy, I'm thinking about getting Bayonetta though seems like a cool game.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I bought the Wii U version and I'd like to know this, too. First version of the game I played and I didn't get it at all. Yet people lose their shit over it.
I loved Melee as a kid but I didn't like the Wii U version either (the shit online didn't help). It's not a bad series but I don't think it's a must-buy unless you actually like fighting games.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think my Switch has broken down and worst part is that it has run out of warranty 10 days ago.

The battery charges to full scale and then depletes within maximum three minutes to 2% and the console turns off after 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat. I will try with the system update but it doesn't look optimistic.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I think my Switch has broken down and worst part is that it has run out of warranty 10 days ago.

The battery charges to full scale and then depletes within maximum three minutes to 2% and the console turns off after 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat. I will try with the system update but it doesn't look optimistic.
As much as that sucks, if it's "just" the battery hopefully that wont be too hard to get fixed/replaced.

Sarni

As much as that sucks, if it's "just" the battery hopefully that wont be too hard to get fixed/replaced.
I got quoted 16 weeks waiting time for battery replacement. This very much sucks.

Sarni

Ah. That does suck.

Have you thought about replacing it yourself. It looks really simple from this video.

I might try, thanks. Apparently this could be firmware issue and letting the battery go up and down two or three times might fix the battery meter. I will try.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So which are the top 3 non fighting/shooting/racing games in Switch currently?
If I can be bold enough to just take those as genres (as in tekken/call of duty/need for speed) instead of what they do, then I'd say:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild (adventure), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (jrpg) & Super Mario Odyssey (platform).
That said, despite being a huge rpg-fan, Super Mario Odyssey & LoZ: Botw are far superior games just based on their quality. But Xenoblade i still a good game for people who like jrpgs.