Gaming Nintendo Switch

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Been toying with buying this for so long. Love Super Metroid and this game is obviously highly influenced by that. Switch seems like and ideal console for the game, too.
If you like Metroid and those type of games then so far from what I've played I'd say it's a must buy, it's great.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
What's the difference between gold and platinum points?

Gold points are earned through purchasing software whether digitally or physically. They can be used for discounts if you have enough. Platinum, from my understanding, are earned through using Nintendo apps and if you complete various surveys, etc.

This will probably explain it better: https://my.nintendo.com/about_point?lang=en-GB

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If you like Metroid and those type of games then so far from what I've played I'd say it's a must buy, it's great.

Heard nothing but great things about it. I'll probably take the plunge!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Cool :)

Loving the amount of 2D games available as physical copies on the Switch :drool:

SteamWorld Dig 2 is getting a physical release soon! Been holding off buying it because of this. I can't wait to get that. Looks amazing.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It actually looks really good that. I'll add it to my list.
You wont regret it Elmo!

SteamWorld Dig 2 is getting a physical release soon! Been holding off buying it because of this. I can't wait to get that. Looks amazing.
Yeah I added that to my Amazon list the other day. As well as Wonder Boy, Shantae, Owlboy and a few others :D

Coxy

Can’t wait for the Direct - hoping we get a release date for Mario.

Have u guys seen Donkey Kong is being priced as a full priced game? Disgusting compare that to remasters like Crash and Ratchet being priced fairly on PS4

The Bloody-Nine

Can’t wait for the Direct - hoping we get a release date for Mario.

Have u guys seen Donkey Kong is being priced as a full priced game? Disgusting compare that to remasters like Crash and Ratchet being priced fairly on PS4
They charged full price for Skyrim. :lol:

This isn't a surprise.

The Bloody-Nine

Is it worth it? And does it have a release date yet?
It's an extremely good platform game with a high difficulty level. It's not Super Meatboy hard, but it's challenging for sure. Is it worth it at full price? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion. I repeat, it is a very good game.

Not sure about the release date.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's an extremely good platform game with a high difficulty level. It's not Super Meatboy hard, but it's challenging for sure. Is it worth it at full price? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion. I repeat, it is a very good game.

Not sure about the release date.
I have never played a Donkey Kong game yet so kind of excited about this one, and the Mario Ace game.

TheHeya

Hoping for Switch Pokemon news in the direct.

Probably be full of new info on already announced games though..

20solskjaer

Hoping for Switch Pokemon news in the direct.

Probably be full of new info on already announced games though..
Hopefully not, im hoping for pikmin and animal crossing news, they're both less likely than pokemon news i reckon

jungledrums

How do you guys think the Dark Souls remaster will be on switch? Worth a purchase or wouldn’t it be the sort of game that would translate well to the Switch?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
How do you guys think the Dark Souls remaster will be on switch? Worth a purchase or wouldn’t it be the sort of game that would translate well to the Switch?
Well you need to be precise at what you're doing in this game so the controls might be a bit tricky in handheld mode.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’d advise against playing it mobile as it’d be way too easy to rage-throw the Switch into traffic.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think it'll be fine from a technical standpoint, but how well you handle rage & controllers will determine if you find it properly enjoyable or not.
That said, I played through DS1 on pc with mouse and keyboard, so i doubt i'll be too annoyed with the pro-controller instead. :lol:

jungledrums

Cheers guys, I figured as much to be honest, might be one to avoid unless you’re properly good (which I am not...).

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Definitely be watching this tonight, but if they annouce more Wii U ports imma be pissed. The Switch has been out for a year, it was acceptable to get a quick library for the system but there's been enough time to develop something new for it, or at least give us poor Wii U owners a reason to buy the same game again.

Havak

Pokemon master
Definitely be watching this tonight, but if they annouce more Wii U ports imma be pissed. The Switch has been out for a year, it was acceptable to get a quick library for the system but there's been enough time to develop something new for it, or at least give us poor Wii U owners a reason to buy the same game again.
I think we're almost there with the Wii U ports now. The only other ones I can see getting some kind of 'port' treatment are Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros. Which are both understandable! But, we may just get actual sequels to these like with Splatoon.

If they really want to milk it, there's: Captain Toad, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions... But I think we won't see those, we'd see sequels.

Havak

Pokemon master
I just want Animal Crossing is that too much to ask for
The back end of this year could be ridiculous (leading into early 2019 as well)... We could literally see:

- Animal Crossing
- Fire Emblem
- Pokémon
- Smash Bros.
- Metroid Prime 4

Within about 7-8 months of each other.

(I think most of the big stuff will be left for e3 by the way, so not expecting too much big news tonight).

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The back end of this year could be ridiculous (leading into early 2019 as well)... We could literally see:

- Animal Crossing
- Fire Emblem
- Pokémon
- Smash Bros.
- Metroid Prime 4

Within about 7-8 months of each other.
Honestly if we got all that it’d be enough for me to never play another switch game.