No Black Armbands

Jammydodger7

I don't know if it has been mentioned on here already and apologies if it has but does anyone know why we weren't wearing black armbands today?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I didn't wear one because Black washes me out.

DuncanEd

No one sang that french anthem in the away end yesterday. Instead we sang Ooo Ahhh Cantona.

Jammydodger7

Because it's enough. We've paid our respects to the victims, and it's time to get on with things.
I'm not complaining or giving out about it, I agree that its been taking too far and the French anthem shouldn't have been played as the England game was enough!
I'm just curious as to what the reason was, especially since we had a few players involved in the game that night

I'm not complaining or giving out about it, I agree that its been taking too far and the French anthem shouldn't have been played as the England game was enough!
I'm just curious as to what the reason was, especially since we had a few players involved in the game that night
But why would we wear black armbands? Its been done.

Angelinho

Because black is the colour of Isis, and we didn't want to send out a mixed message as to whose side we are on.

DuncanEd

Why was every other club wearing them? and why were we singing the anthem?
No one sang any anthem.

It was ooo ahh cantona.

** Edit **

When you said we you could have or did mean the players. They don't have much choice do they with cameras on them but to sing or move their lips at least.

Last edited: