No midfield reinforcements

Tel074

Hopefully Fred will allow us to move Pogba further up. It's either him or Matic.
Forget about Fred. To me he isn't even a United player that's how far behind I personally think he is . He offer Zero to the 1st team

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Tbh I think United would be off managed by the Caf. Every season we start with neglecting positions punishes us. Perhaps the owners or whoever has the responsibility simply doesnt care.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Forget about Fred. To me he isn't even a United player that's how far behind I personally think he is . He offer Zero to the 1st team
I know 50 mil is not huge fee in the current market, but it's mind boggling that we have 50 mil midfielder that we refuse to play.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It may be a stupid angle on this, but could it be that we didn't sign anyone to force the club to hold on to Pogba? Of course, he'd be more inclined to play in a better team, so counter-productive in that sense, but given we didn't sign anyone, there is absolutely zero chance any offer from Madrid would be taken seriously at this stage.

I mean, there is hardly any logic to our failure to add to midfield, so I'm clutching at tin foil straws here.

RkkMan

It may be a stupid angle on this, but could it be that we didn't sign anyone to force the club to hold on to Pogba? Of course, he'd be more inclined to play in a better team, so counter-productive in that sense, but given we didn't sign anyone, there is absolutely zero chance any offer from Madrid would be taken seriously at this stage.

I mean, there is hardly any logic to our failure to add to midfield, so I'm clutching at tin foil straws here.
Luckhurst reported something very similar the other day even emphasized it was one of the reasons we chose not to pursue Eriksen any further

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Luckhurst reported something very similar the other day even emphasized it was one of the reasons we chose not to pursue Eriksen any further
Interesting. I didn't know that.

Jimmy_Bond

Suggests the club thought he might kick off and really push a move if he felt we were well enough equipped to cope without him?

Very delicate game we're playing here. if he knew we wanted out, we should have pursued his replacement/s first thing in the summer and got him sold. Don't know what the long term plan here is? Try to convince him to stay? Make him highest paid player now Sanchez has left?

Siddharth

That make no sense. Are you trying to say that the Club didn't sign anyone to force itself to hold on to Pogba? Who is "we" here?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That make no sense. Are you trying to say that the Club didn't sign anyone to force itself to hold on to Pogba? Who is "we" here?
I know it's far fetched, but as it stands, we simply cannot sell Pogba. Not even for 200m. We are 100% reliant on him, not just in terms of his quality, but also in terms of the lack of bodies we have for midfield.

Like I say, it's hard to see any logic in not signing a midfielder given our numbers and depth, so I'm venturing outside the normal framework of logic. As you can see from the post above, seems Luckhurst was writing similar.

rooney1905

I know it's far fetched, but as it stands, we simply cannot sell Pogba. Not even for 200m. We are 100% reliant on him, not just in terms of his quality, but also in terms of the lack of bodies we have for midfield.

Like I say, it's hard to see any logic in not signing a midfielder given our numbers and depth, so I'm venturing outside the normal framework of logic. As you can see from the post above, seems Luckhurst was writing similar.
But we will sell Pogba next summer. He wants to go. This season will be another season without UCL as will next season. I also doubt we didn’t sell him for on field reasons. He is the most marketable player at the club. That is likely why he is here. I never thought we were in danger of selling him this summer because then Woodward would have no shiny toys. Sancho keeps coming up but why come to United?

I think that is my fear. There is all this talk about Ole being ruthless in clearing players out. Most of these are loans but fine. But we can’t pretend everyone here wants to be here long term. And we are basically saying let’s clear the deadwood. Which I agree needed to be cleared. But Woodward is not the one to bring in the replacements. Because next summer will be about replacing Pogba and potentially DeGea. In two years if we are still in EL why should Marial stay? Or Rashford? I can get behind Ole in terms of transfers but Woodward has failed in this area before and we are leaving our rebuild up to him.

Tony247

Dylan Levitt should be our future no. 10 and he needs first team introduction asap. This kid has something. I never saw such ambitious passes and throughballs from academy midfielder for a long time. He can dictate final third. Also if require he can play as no. 8. (which I believe traditionally he is no. 8 but looking at his knack of creativity he has been moved to no. 10).

Sure he is bit raw but comparing him with Lingard as of now... i think he is a much better option.

Ranchero

So the chickens came home to roost on another transfer window travesty ...with Lingard or James being forced to play as a striker in a defeat at the hands of the mighty West Ham.