No right winger

luke511

People complaining about Mata and Lingard on the right wing back in 2015 :rolleyes:

Our lack of threat from the right has made us a very predictable team to set up against, no wonder we are getting tactically outdone every other week when we have the worst balance in a starting XI in the league.

432JuanMata

This is like the CM position where we needed to strengthen but didn’t for years, ironically we still need a CM or 2 as well :lol::(

El Zoido

It’s maddening how it takes the club years and years to correct issues the fans can easily identify. Even under Fergie it was a running joke that we never addressed the centre midfield problem.

Cloud7

Plenty right wingers on the Caf these days. Surely we can spare one of them?

Lee565

We cant control games, teams bypassing our midfield easy and we dont have a right winger and yet Solskjear hasn't bothered to experiment with a diamond midfield or 4222 with narrow midfield like Atletico.

jackal&hyde

Plenty right wingers on the Caf these days. Surely we can spare one of them?
:lol:

I think we've set our target on Sancho and are ready to wait till next summer.

Under Mourinho we were linked with Perisic and William but for whatever reason it did not happen. I'm glad it didn't tbh as i'm resonably sure they would have been like Matic and Sanchez, more players we now had to get rid of.

Adcuth

It's simple, either change the formation or promote the best crosser from the reserves

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Ramazani has been performing well for the U23's (not sure how he was against Villa), been scoring goals. Is he worth a chance on the right wing in the EFL cup matches yet?

Adcuth

Ramazani has been performing well for the U23's (not sure how he was against Villa), been scoring goals. Is he worth a chance on the right wing in the EFL cup matches yet?
He's decent yanno, tonight would be a perfect test for him I think. Got good feet and can play both sides, good turn of pace. Not sure on his crossing though but nobody in our team can do that really

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He's decent yanno, tonight would be a perfect test for him I think. Got good feet and can play both sides, good turn of pace. Not sure on his crossing though but nobody in our team can do that really
Thanks. Would like to see these surprise picks now and again. Would certainly give a much better balance to the team.

Hawks2008

Again a brilliant decision from the the coaches and the board not to buy a right winger. Leaving glaring holes in the team unchecked is their speciality (see the state of our midfield and the 9 position.)

poleglass red

we've little options there. I'd for now go with James on left, Greenwood on right and one of Martial or Rashford in the middle. Both wingers have an eye for goal and both flying machines. Centre forward we are weak.

Lee565

Our FBs cannot cross. This would make us the most narrow team on Earth. We could try the Real box formation of the early 2000s
And to think we could have got trippier or probably meunier for the right back role and tierney for the left back role for a combined fee of 40 million, the same of which it cost to buy Bissaka, I really dont get what fans want because we have no outlet on the right wing but fans defend buying a right back for 40 million that isnt great going forward.

Gator Nate

we've little options there. I'd for now go with James on left, Greenwood on right and one of Martial or Rashford in the middle. Both wingers have an eye for goal and both flying machines. Centre forward we are weak.
We should see James-Martial-Greenwood against Arsenal. With a healthy Pogba behind them, surely we can find the back of the net a few times.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not even the biggest fan of Sancho (I'm happy to be wrong) - yet the way we said no last summer to buy him and to instead get two players in our u23 so far this season is a decision that has seemed to bite us in the arse.

luke511

I'm not even the biggest fan of Sancho (I'm happy to be wrong) - yet the way we said no last summer to buy him and to instead get two players in our u23 so far this season is a decision that has seemed to bite us in the arse.
There's a chance we'd be at the top of the league, we'd certainly have more points. It's a farce neither of our RW signings have a minute of PL football between them.

stevoc

There's a chance we'd be at the top of the league, we'd certainly have more points. It's a farce neither of our RW signings have a minute of PL football between them.
Indeed we should have got a winger in on loan at the very least.

Single biggest issue holding this team back.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We don't really have a left winger either, just saying.

It would be very useful to be able to switch to 4-4-2 sometimes but we don't really have the players for it. I suppose we could try with Diallo and James/Rashford but it doesn't seem like a natural fit, and James doesn't really seem good enough.