Noam Emeran | leaves on a permanent deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Even if I am impressed with him, he still makes the wrong choices a few times too many. Which made it all the sweeter to see that pass for McNeil.

Mickson

Even if I am impressed with him, he still makes the wrong choices a few times too many. Which made it all the sweeter to see that pass for McNeil.
Yep. I don't rate him that high. He doesn't have that extra yard of pace either imo. Very good player for our U18 though, but he's one of the older guys which is worth remembering.

Sea-Cow

Yep. I don't rate him that high. He doesn't have that extra yard of pace either imo. Very good player for our U18 though, but he's one of the older guys which is worth remembering.
Not looking to make excuses for him but is it possible that this is a result of the serious injury? It could take some time to build up the strength needed to get some serious pace.

Or he could just be slow, who knows.

DarkRed

Is he of the same age and playing at the same position as Anthony Elanga?
If so, who would you think have a chance to challenge Daniel James as Rashfords back up next year?

Mickson

Not looking to make excuses for him but is it possible that this is a result of the serious injury? It could take some time to build up the strength needed to get some serious pace.

Or he could just be slow, who knows.
Could be!

Is he of the same age and playing at the same position as Anthony Elanga?
If so, who would you think have a chance to challenge Daniel James as Rashfords back up next year?
As Sea-Cow wrote, Emeran has had a serious injury. But yes, he is born in the same year as Elanga and has a similar playing style, although Emeran is a little bit more tricks and Elanga more powerful running. Say Emeran is Martial and Elanga Rashford, ish. But I would say that Elanga is much further ahead right now, so if anyone is up for challenging James and Rashford is Elanga. Personally, if we play West Brom at home, I would rather see Elanga than James. I think James could be a useful squad player though (wing-back?) but that's another discussion.

khoazany

Emeran is 5 months younger than Elanga and belong to the age group below him. Elanga is 6 months younger than Greenwood, same age group.

It's funny when you watch Emeran that he puts up a few assists but you always feel that his final balls should be better. He's generally dominating, though not unplayable as Elanga was for the 18s last year.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why are we selling our youth to the Dutch leagues? is Murtough and co unable to sell so Ten Hag has stepped in and can at least sell a few himself to his old league? :lol:

lostcauz

It’s just odd, are our youth players not good enough to loan them out to raise their values for a sale in the next summer or two? Iqbal as well. Unless the sale fee or sell on fee is large.

Santos J

It’s just odd, are our youth players not good enough to loan them out to raise their values for a sale in the next summer or two? Iqbal as well. Unless the sale fee or sell on fee is large.
It's not that odd, he's 21 in a month and nowhere near the first team.

Red00012

Why are we selling our youth to the Dutch leagues? is Murtough and co unable to sell so Ten Hag has stepped in and can at least sell a few himself to his old league? :lol:
Basically our youth players are a low standard. Looking at the u23 game v Leeds I can’t see any of the 14 players used been ever making it here bar Mejbri or even been at the club in 3/4 years.

Von Mistelroum

It's a bold tactic. While other managers have promoted young talent to the squad, Erik has taken the less conventional decision that as soon as a youth player looks decent, we sell them on. This, in turn, means that the other you players who aren't so good, don't become jealous, keeping morale high! It's similar to the tactic of buying Mount to make us see how good McTom is :lol:

khoazany

Some weird comments on here, for a 21 years old with no senior experience and not anywhere near the first team, being able to sell him (assuming for a decent fee) is good business.

I think we got him in for quite some fee back then, so wonder if we even made a profit though.

Without couple of good performances on friendlies/pre-seasons I doubt we could have even sell him for a League One club let alone Dutch since he wasn't doing that well even at U21s level.

Last edited:

captaincantona

Some weird comments on here, for a 21 years old with no senior experience and not everywhere near the first team, being able to sell him (assuming for a decent fee) is good business.

I think we got him in for quite some fee back then, so wonder if we even made a profit though.

Without couple of good performances on friendlies/pre-seasons I doubt I could have even sell him for a League One club let alone Dutch since he wasn't doing that well even at U21s level.
I might be wrong but my understanding is that he has had so seriously unfortunate injuries and was thought of in high regard at one point. His development has been impacted as a result and you wouldn’t expect him to have had more first team opportunities at this point.

My view is more sinister. We can’t get overpaid senior squad members off the books - so we are selling whoever we can. ETH does not have the good will or the choice to play youngsters considering the dross he has paid hundreds of millions for.

whichever way you look at it €200 million on Mount, Antony and an ageing Casemiro is bonkers. Could you imagine the stick he would get for benching mount and Antony to try out Emeran or anyone else from the youth teams? Even though Those two really couldn’t be offering less.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
My view is more sinister. We can’t get overpaid senior squad members off the books - so we are selling whoever we can. ETH does not have the good will or the choice to play youngsters considering the dross he has paid hundreds of millions for.
The few hundreds of thousands or at best a couple of million pounds doesn’t affect ouf budget/financial situation one bit. Neither do saving on the small wages these players are on. We’re selling them because the manager doesn’t feel they are good enough.

Mickson

It's a bold tactic. While other managers have promoted young talent to the squad, Erik has taken the less conventional decision that as soon as a youth player looks decent, we sell them on. This, in turn, means that the other you players who aren't so good, don't become jealous, keeping morale high! It's similar to the tactic of buying Mount to make us see how good McTom is :lol:
Bro, Noam Emeran will never even play in a top 4 league. Such a weird reaction.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Bro, Noam Emeran will never even play in a top 4 league. Such a weird reaction.
Especially weird as any players we're selling that we do feel have potential (Iqbal etc.) we're putting in buy-back/sell-on clauses in. Change to the loan rules may be why we're doing this as we can't just have unlimited players out on loan any more, so we're selling the ones we feel aren't United level and adding a bit of protection in with these clauses.

Mickson

Especially weird as any players we're selling that we do feel have potential (Iqbal etc.) we're putting in buy-back/sell-on clauses in. Change to the loan rules may be why we're doing this as we can't just have unlimited players out on loan any more, so we're selling the ones we feel aren't United level and adding a bit of protection in with these clauses.
Trust me, we will never use the buyback (if we even have one) on Emeran. I think it would be wiser to get a percentage of the fee if the buying club decides to sell. Also, in this case, I think he just wants first-team football. He's 21 after all and nowhere near our first-team. He hasn't even been on loan before, he has zero first-team games in his career. Those who doubt this have never seen him play except for 45 minutes in a pre-season friendly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Some weird comments on here, for a 21 years old with no senior experience and not everywhere near the first team, being able to sell him (assuming for a decent fee) is good business.

Without couple of good performances on friendlies/pre-seasons I doubt we could have even sell him for a League One club let alone Dutch since he wasn't doing that well even at U21s level.
People just want to have a good old moan.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Trust me, we will never use the buyback (if we even have one) on Emeran. I think it would be wiser to get a percentage of the fee if the buying club decides to sell. Also, in this case, I think he just wants first-team football. He's 21 after all and nowhere near our first-team. He hasn't even been on loan before, he has zero first-team games in his career. Those who doubt this have never seen him play except for 45 minutes in a pre-season friendly.
I wasn't talking specifically about Emeran re the buy-back/sell-on clauses, just that we're putting these clauses in for players we think may have potential just in case. In his case it looks like we do have a sell-on clause so we're just making sure we get some return if he comes good, but don't see him as making it here, so no buy-back. I like this way of selling on the youngsters that we feel can't make it here, sell them somewhere they have a chance to get a lot of games, if they come good we can get a return in the future, and it gives them more opportunity than going out on loan.

DuruttiColumn

Watched him a few times at Leigh last season for U23s. He might have been a great prospect a few years ago. But he had absolutely no change of making it here.
How many great prospects have we beat Juventus / Real etc too and then never seen again?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Watched him a few times at Leigh last season for U23s. He might have been a great prospect a few years ago. But he had absolutely no change of making it here.
How many great prospects have we beat Juventus / Real etc too and then never seen again?
Probably as many as they have beaten us to.

Bondi77

I can remember in a preseason game when he came on at half time and looked better on the wing than one of our regulars which is a sad indicator of our first team

Ekeke

Emeran has moved to a 3rd division Dutch side. This should tell you how much interest there was in him. He did well getting on the scoresheet in preseason but most of our youth wingers are or will be better than him. They are the ones to loan out

Gandalf

Emeran has moved to a 3rd division Dutch side. This should tell you how much interest there was in him. He did well getting on the scoresheet in preseason but most of our youth wingers are or will be better than him. They are the ones to loan out
2nd Division side and one that was relegated from the 1st division at the end of the prior season

Nicolarra90

If you are 21 years old and nowhere near the bench I'd say at least 9/10 will never make it here. So selling them all might not be a bad choice.

Red00012

If you are 21 years old and nowhere near the bench I'd say at least 9/10 will never make it here. So selling them all might not be a bad choice.
None of that current u23 team will make it at Utd ( I’m hoping Mejbri and possibly Gore will prove me wrong but can’t see it long term )

khoazany

I might be wrong but my understanding is that he has had so seriously unfortunate injuries and was thought of in high regard at one point. His development has been impacted as a result and you wouldn’t expect him to have had more first team opportunities at this point.

whichever way you look at it €200 million on Mount, Antony and an ageing Casemiro is bonkers. Could you imagine the stick he would get for benching mount and Antony to try out Emeran or anyone else from the youth teams? Even though Those two really couldn’t be offering less.
Emeran's development has certainly being impacted massively by injuries but so are some other youth players we have throughout the year. At the end of the day he is 21 and nowhere near the level to play in the Premier League let alone Manchester United. Your point about us paying too much for Mount/Antony is true but I think it would apply more for the likes of Pellistri/Hannibal/Hansen rather than Emeran.

Red Rash

I guess our plan is to accept low fees for all our Youth players but with high sell on fees in the hope one or two make it big. If that happens then we make a decent amount of money. It's a bit of a risk but could pay off huge in the future if some of those players do really well.

48 hours

I guess our plan is to accept low fees for all our Youth players but with high sell on fees in the hope one or two make it big. If that happens then we make a decent amount of money. It's a bit of a risk but could pay off huge in the future if some of those players do really well.
sounds good in theory, but in the case of Groningen, their highest sale was €12 million, so I think we’d be very lucky to every get more than €3 million from the sell on clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.