Non-Utd fans: how do you rate Rashford?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I’ve been hearing in Turin that Nedved is really really fond of Rashford and would gladly try and bring him in Turin once Ronaldo goes, if things go sour for him in Manchester. I am also in awe of him as a player (as a person, he is truly smart and outstanding, and our Utd hosts all know better than anyone): he is very very good already and just needs the ultimate step in terms of consistency to become world class.

What do non-Utd fans make of Rashford then? Do you see him as Ballon d’Or material or just a less inconsistent Martial? Would he be a good fit as a left attacker for any big club out there, like Haaland as a striker? Would he settle down comfortably abroad, in case? Barca / Real or Bayern / Juve or PSG / AC Milan kind of environment?

I am not considering any English club because chaos would ensue, in case of a transfer at City or Liverpool (Chelsea maybe?). :lol:

Bwuk

I think they probably rate him higher than we do tbh.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is not going anywhere :lol: And United won’t even entertain the idea of selling him!
The rest I will let non-United fans answer.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Currently doing as well as say Vardy and DCL, below Aguero at his best and current Kane. On current form Watkins is having a bit of a stormer of a season, as is DCL. Rashford has had a better season so far than some big names like Sterling, Firmino, PEA.

I certainly do not place him in the Haaland, Mbappe category. Feel he would do well abroad, although I certainly do not see him leaving United, why would he? He is one of the first names on the team sheet in one of the biggest clubs on the planet, and will be a part of United's attack for years to come. The way Martial is going, Rashford will be the main man in attack at united over the coming years unless they bring in a Haaland or Mbappe.

CityBlue123

Supports
Man City
Has all the physical attributes to be an elite player. Quick, skilful, eye for goal and great on the ball. However, seems to be relatively poor off the ball and makes the wrong decision more times than not.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I like him a lot from what I have managed to see of him. Seems to have hot and cold periods though but when he’s on it he is a joy to watch. I can’t see him ever leaving Man Utd, he’s one of their own through and through.

Mindhunter

I like him a lot from what I have managed to see of him. Seems to have hot and cold periods though but when he’s on it he is a joy to watch. I can’t see him ever leaving Man Utd, he’s one of their own through and through.
Inconsistency is his enemy, especially at this level. Part of the problem is that he constantly gets moved around to accommodate lesser players because he is less shite than others on the right. Instead we should be playing him to his strengths to get the best out of him.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Inconsistency is his enemy, especially at this level. Part of the problem is that he constantly gets moved around to accommodate lesser players because he is less shite than others on the right. Instead we should be playing him to his strengths to get the best out of him.
That’s something I always wonder, what is he? Winger or striker

tomaldinho1

Most non United fans I know all think he hasn’t really kicked on as he might have done. All rate him as a good player but he doesn’t have a real ‘fear’ factor.

I still think he has time to become a 20 goal season in season in talent but his lows are extreme and he’s as inconsistent as ever.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I always like these threads. It's nice to see the opposition fans on here offering their opinions on United.

I remember when we were struggling under Moyes and a United fan made a thread asking opposition fans to rate our league winning squad at the time because it was surreal seeing us do so poorly in the league. It made for an interesting read!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Apart from Chelsea fans who overhyped their attackers early of this season, my mate included. I think non-United fans like arsenal, Liverpool and may be including Spurs rate Rashford very highly and some probably rate him higher than how much United fans do. Not sure about city fans, I barely talk to city fans so can’t tell.

stevoc

That’s something I always wonder, what is he? Winger or striker
Thats part of his problem and in my opinion has lead to a lot of his inconsistency. He's been moved around a lot, last season he mostly played left wing and had his most productive season. This season because of Greenwoods form and the lack of a right winger he's been moved around again and i think it's affecting his form.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He is a very, very good player but very very inconsistent in terms of performances. I think like most United fans I genuinely thought that he'd be closer to the finished article by 23 but he still has tons of games where he's non-existent.
When he's good he's top class but he's not good often enough for me. I'd have him at City in a heartbeat but if he wants to be truly world class he needs to find that consistency where 9 games out of 10 he's putting in a 7 or 8 instead of the 3 or 4 5's or 6's he's getting currently. A problem that runs throughout much of the current United side to be honest.

Still time for him to hit that level but I'd say a very good player who is very inconsistent for now.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He seems like a genuinely awesome guy off the pitch. I'd be proud to have him in my team.

I think he's an excellent but not truly elite player right now, who could still kick on to a different level. He has really good pace, movement off the ball, and technique striking the ball and I rate his football intelligence too. I don't think he's a particularly good dribbler or the best player in small spaces, so he probably suffers (like most players) when teams get everybody behind the ball. But I think his biggest limitation is that he hasn't quite figured out how to influence matches when things aren't going his way. He may not have that natural inclination to more forcefully demand the ball and make things happen. While Bruno has been fantastic overall for United, it seems to me like one side effect is that he has become that player, so that Rashford hasn't had the pressure to grow into that kind of role and he may be the kind of player that, absent the pressure to do so, isn't really going to do it himself.

Most attackers peak between ages 24-27 so I think his best days still might be ahead of him. But I'm unsure whether he'll just be a slightly better version of what we see now or whether he could really kick on and get to a higher level. I don't see him ever being a Ballon d'Or winner but if he kicks on then he could be one of the best 3-4 players in the Premier League for a few years. That is still a very impressive ceiling.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Very talented and potentially a top ten forward in the world but very inconsistent and still raw.

I wouldn’t be starting him for England at the Euros but he’s a very useful squad option.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
My favourite Man United player

Rashford a quality footballer and an exemplary person. It’s easy to forget that he’s still only 23 years old and entering his prime. I’ve lost count of how many times he has been decisive in big games.

Man United are lucky to have him.

I remember Barca being linked with him in the summer of 2019 for a transfer fee of about €100m. I kinda wish we got him instead of Griezmann. He would have excelled here.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I rated him higher when he was younger, now I rate him less.
If I am a rival fans I wish he stays at United forever.

*Lukaku, Morata, Rashford, Gab. Jesus in the same bracket

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think he still has huge potential to be one the best and he is already well on the way.

His decision making can still be a bit questionable, but some of the things he does are stunning, the pass for Greenwood in the Liverpool game was something I hadn't seen from him before. He has always had great close control, can burst into life from nowhere and has a wicked shot on him.

As many have said he is still only 23 so will still develop. I think in the next couple of seasons he could become a fantastic player if he can learn to make quick and clever decisions and he is certainly improving in that.

He could go anywhere and any team would be very lucky to have him both on and off the pitch, but I can't ever see him leaving United.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s a very good player and often gives us reasons to worry when we play United. I do think he suffers from inconsistency though. I’m not sure if he’ll ever be a star for United like Rooney or Van Nistelrooy were, pushing United on to major trophies. His ceiling might be just below that top level.

I think he’s got more about him than Martial does.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The fact that he is 23 years old and is arguably in our top 2 most important players in the squad says what it needs to say.

Rashford shouldn't be this vital to us and he should be further down the list being outshone by world class players or players in their prime but he isnt.

When you look at SAF and how young players like Ronaldo and Rooney were growing up in the same team as Scholes, Giggs,Neville, Butt, Ferdinand dictating games - who did Rashford actually have? Arguably no one until last year with just Bruno Fernandes.

Not a single manager until this season has been able to build a squad at United that is either good enough or able to look competive for a title; yet our fans will pick out the 23 year old forward after minimal rests and back injuries for being inconsistent.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I think he's class but I think he needs to improve in some areas like being an aerial threat or being more physical in tight spaces like Mane. Definately a very big ceiling imo

Mohbah88

People tend to forget that the French and German league is more easier to the premiere league Mbape and haland have it easy he has a world class potential

gajender

The fact that he is 23 years old and is arguably in our top 2 most important players in the squad says what it needs to say.

Rashford shouldn't be this vital to us and he should be further down the list being outshone by world class players or players in their prime but he isnt.

When you look at SAF and how young players like Ronaldo and Rooney were growing up in the same team as Scholes, Giggs,Neville, Butt, Ferdinand dictating games - who did Rashford actually have? Arguably no one until last year with just Bruno Fernandes.

Not a single manager until this season has been able to build a squad at United that is either good enough or able to look competive for a title; yet our fans will pick out the 23 year old forward after minimal rests and back injuries for being inconsistent.
You are right we should not have been dependent on Rashford he should have been surrounded by better players capable of producing consistently when he broke through but thing is it's all in past it can't be changed but now is the time for him to show consistency and age thing is red herring to be honest Rashford has played enough games and gained enough experience till date to show greater maturity and better base level it's not gonna change automatically once he he hits certain age , it's not always about the age it's more about the experience of games played at top level which brings consistency and efficiency it's more than likely it may never happen with Rashford.

Pep's Suit

Definitely not as much as UTD fans. And the same could be said about Martial and mainly Greenwood.

RashyForPM

Rashford is one of those players who opposition players and fans think is brilliant, but for some reason us United fans don’t!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You are right we should not have been dependent on Rashford he should have been surrounded by better players capable of producing consistently when he broke through but thing is it's all in past it can't be changed but now is the time for him to show consistency and age thing is red herring to be honest Rashford has played enough games and gained enough experience till date to show greater maturity and better base level it's not gonna change automatically once he he hits certain age , it's not always about the age it's more about the experience of games played at top level which brings consistency and efficiency it's more than likely it may never happen with Rashford.
That's fair but how good would Mane (5 years older than Rash) be with Martial and Greenwood as his front line partners for a whole season?

He would hardly be a flop but I doubt he would be as consistent as he is for Liverpool and definitely not this consistent PL and UCL favourite winning team.

It's like how people are crying for Haaland when our RW is a ST like Greenwood and our LW is Martial or Rashford. I want Haaland too but would Haaland be as good for United as he for Dortmund when the wingers that would supply him with poacher chances would arguably be inside forwards like Rashford and Greenwood? Compare that to Sancho, Reyna, Reus, Hazard, Brandt or ex players like Hakimi and you can see the difference.

Rashford isnt a player who has got to play with a consistently good squad nor a squad that is able to get the best out of him consistently. Asking him to be consistent at the age of 23 is just a bit unrealistic in my opinion because again - he is arguably our best forward and winger out of a squad of 25 + when he really shouldn't be.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
His finishing seems very inconsistent, and it feels like he misses a sitter in every United game I watch. Saying that, I still think he's a very good player and one of my favourite players in the game alongside Bellerin, although that's for non-football reasons.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Apart from Chelsea fans who overhyped their attackers early of this season, my mate included. I think non-United fans like arsenal, Liverpool and may be including Spurs rate Rashford very highly and some probably rate him higher than how much United fans do. Not sure about city fans, I barely talk to city fans so can’t tell.
This is interesting, because I really really like Rashford and funnily enough I seem to rate him more than my Man Utd supporting mates. They put it down to me "not seeing the bad stuff" since they obviously watch more Man Utd than I do (similar with Pogba in that regard). They tell me that he lacks the killer instinct they want from a forward.

I don't think he's Balon d'Or material but he's a very very good forward in my opinion. Not Haaland level, but Haaland is a monster, an exception.

Rashford seems a fantastic human being too. Did some great work last year (some people think it was purely PR, I don't think so) and always comes across well in interviews.

Still very young, his numbers are actually very solid already and I expect them to increase further. He already has 15 goals and 10 assists this season (all comps) and last season grabbed 22 goals and I think 12 assists?

At his age very good numbers and throw into the mix the size of club he's playing for and the associated pressures.....

I really like him.

Reactions: roonster09

Judas

Open to offers
One of my non Utd supporting mate says one of the biggest issues with Rashford is he's not being played in one position enough and its harming his development, and I do think there's something in that. I'd love to see him just consistently played on the LW, his best position, he's by far the best in the squad in that role.

Generally he seems much loved by non Utd fans in my experience, but they're all expecting him to get that little bit more consistent. Aren't we all.

RashyForPM

They don't watch every game to see the inconsistencies maybe.
Probably. Most likely, people would have watched the game against Pool where he played like Neymar but not the game against SU when he played like Bendtner.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very good player, needs space behind to run to work at his best though. Bit inconsistent. Like a right sided Werner.

Would improve as a player if played couple of years for another big European club.

Can say that about most English players though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
They don't watch every game to see the inconsistencies maybe.
Which is true for most fans in general for every player not playing in the team they support.
One of my non Utd supporting mate says one of the biggest issues with Rashford is he's not being played in one position enough and its harming his development, and I do think there's something in that. I'd love to see him just consistently played on the LW, his best position, he's by far the best in the squad in that role.

Generally he seems much loved by non Utd fans in my experience, but they're all expecting him to get that little bit more consistent. Aren't we all.
I think so too, and I think you can see he starts finding consistency in his output (not only statistical, just overall contribution to the team play) when he plays a string of games on the left with Shaw. You can tell they are on the same wavelength and enjoy playing together. I think it's a bit unfair to expect him to be consistent when moving him around given he's still a young player, even experienced players sometimes struggle with this.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Bit of an odd comparison! He's not much like Werner and doesn't play on the right.
Apart from the fact they're fast, I don't see many similarities between. Also seems like that poster might have caught a game where Rashford was played out of position on the right which indeed isn't his best position. Strange in any case.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I always thought Werner was left footed or at least equally strong on it, hence being deployed on the left continually. Could swear he has been taking shots on regularly recently. Looking at his Bundesliga goals they're mostly off his right side though, he does cut in from the right like Rashford: