Non vaccine retirements

Wal2Fra

So today, Liam Jones from the Cartlon Australian Rules Football club retired at the age of 30 with 1 year left on his contract due to his decision to not get vaccinated.

Kyrie Irving from NBA’s Brooklyn Nets is still from my understanding refusing to get vaccinanted, making him unavailable for selection.

Are there any other high profile cases of sports stars who have announced an early retirement (like Jones) or are currently unavailable to play (like Irving) due to their decision against the vaccines?

Will it become a common theme over the coming months as leagues crackdown on the requirement to be vaccinated?

Pickle85

Shouldn't this be in the covidiots thread?
Personally I'd be quite interested in a separate sportsperson related thread like this as I'd suspect it'll start to become more of an issue and could get lost quite easily in the covidiots thread. Just my ten cents.

Zen

Isn't there loads of them in the NFL, Rodgers being the worst case..... the NFL don't care, casual suspension here or there aside.

Djokovic will almost certainly play in the Aussie.... as well as nearly winning all 4 last year, while being unvaccinated, it seems.

Wal2Fra

Isn't there loads of them in the NFL, Rodgers being the worst case..... the NFL don't care, casual suspension here or there aside.

Djokovic will almost certainly play in the Aussie.... as well as nearly winning all 4 last year, while being unvaccinated, it seems.
I guess for Djokovic/Tennis it is harder to manage due to the international travel and each country having different rules regarding vaccine requirements.
So I suppose aslong as the athlete abides by quarantine rules and does pcr tests within required timeframes for the host country that he is covered.