Noni Madueke

Classical Mechanic

19 year old English wide right forward. Part of the Spurs's academy for years before switching to PSV in 2018. He did well from a sub role for PSV last season with a goal or assist every 87 minutes. He has looked very good for PSV in pre-season and has just scored a nice goal against Ajax in the Super Cup. Technically he isn't on the level of a Sancho or Foden but he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. He has lots of caps for England but is also eligible for Nigeria. Dortmund and Spurs have been linked with him this summer. It could be a breakout season for him.

Champions League proper qualifier

Dutch Super Cup

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Scored 2 beautiful goals against Ajax, and had a hand in pissing his direct opponent off to the point he begged Kuipers for a red card.

I don't think he'll leave now, if he was smart enough to move to PSV for his career. He's off to the PL next year though.

He deserves to make the preliminary England squad.

passing-wind

He's had some hype around him throughout stages of last season. Think he could become a good asset on the wings alongside Jadon / Rashford but only time will tell.

Classical Mechanic

Scored 2 beautiful goals against Ajax, and had a hand in pissing his direct opponent off to the point he begged Kuipers for a red card.

I don't think he'll leave now, if he was smart enough to move to PSV for his career. He's off to the PL next year though.

I think staying at PSV with Champions League football would be sensible. Not sure I agree on this though. Which preliminary squad do you mean? There's so much competition for England in these positions which is why he may end up playing for Nigeria.

OmarUnited4ever

I read about him, i think he was in Spurs' academy and then signed his first pro contract with PSV, spent few months with PSV's under-23, being coached by RVN, then he was moved up to the senior squad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like this’ll be his big breakout season. May be the man to lead PSV to the title this season?

On paper, the Gotze; Zahavi; Gakpo and Madueke looks stronger and more fluid than Ajax’s 3 big names but don’t seem to look like they gel Tadic/Haller/Berghuis

OmarUnited4ever

he was called to the U21 this year, probably too soon for him, there's Saka, Sancho, Foden ahead of him, who are themselves young and further ahead of him in their development and experience.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
he was called to the U21 this year, probably too soon for him, there's Saka, Sancho, Foden ahead of him, who are themselves young and further ahead of him in their development and experience.
Ah you're right. For some reason I thought Foden plays on the left for you guys, and I even forgot about Greenwood! Holy moly you guys are are stacked in the winger positions. Wanna swap one of them for De Vrij? :)

I think staying at PSV with Champions League football would be sensible. Not sure I agree on this though. Which preliminary squad do you mean? There's so much competition for England in these positions which is why he may end up playing for Nigeria.
You guys don't typically make a preliminary squad for each international break? Or did I confuse you by not realizing how stacked you guys are? Maybe Lingard playing in a friendly recently gave me a false impression of which players Madueke's competing with :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Ah you're right. For some reason I thought Foden plays on the left for you guys, and I even forgot about Greenwood! Holy moly you guys are are stacked in the winger positions. Wanna swap one of them for De Vrij? :)

You guys don't typically make a preliminary squad for each international break? Or did I confuse you by not realizing how stacked you guys are? Maybe Lingard playing in a friendly recently gave me a false impression of which players Madueke's competing with :lol:
There may be reserve players for England but Madueke wouldn't make the list currently. There are guys like Hudson Odoi, Harvey Barnes, James Maddison, Mason Greenwood and Lingard who are ahead of him. He's only just been selected for the u21 squad.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I read about him, i think he was in Spurs' academy and then signed his first pro contract with PSV, spent few months with PSV's under-23, being coached by RVN, then he was moved up to the senior squad.
He did spend a little time with Utd as well after leaving Spurs, he decided to go to PSV in the end though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another who will probably get 2 caps for England and that will be the end of his international career instead of choosing Nigeria.

Classical Mechanic

Another who will probably get 2 caps for England and that will be the end of his international career instead of choosing Nigeria.
Well, if he only gets two caps then he’ll be able to play for Nigeria after three years from the last cap under the new FIFA rules. I suspect that we’ll lose Hudson Odoi to Ghana through this rule.

I think one or both of Eze and Madueke will play for Nigeria unless they really don’t want to. From the interviews I’ve seen I think Madueke really wants to play for England but there’s Sancho, Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Saka, Greenwood all in front of him currently with a number of other top prospects coming through. Its why Musiala opted for Germany and more will do the same.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Will be the new Robben, this dude. Same devastating dribbling style and great left foot. Seems like a nice kid too. I'm quite jelly of PSV.

Woodenlung

I think Dortmund were looking to sign him as a Sancho replacement but PSV flat out refused. Madueke shouldn't be in any rush to return to England. Stay in the Netherlands for a season or two more and them move to Germany after.

Classical Mechanic

I'm so jealous... and then I realized you even forgot Grealish
Yes, we're too overloaded in certain positions though. Look out for Valentino Livramento at Southampton this season, he's like our 10th top class right back coming through! We need central midfielders desperately instead.

OverratedOpinion

Calling footballers a "baller" is a great way to make me think you are 13 and spend too much time playing video games based on American sports.

Conor

Calling footballers a "baller" is a great way to make me think you are 13 and spend too much time playing video games based on American sports.
Sounds like you haven't played in a football team since the 90s(or ever).

M16Red

An American sport like I referenced?
You just underlined his point
But they all come from somewhere, in fact I think we got it from rap music

Want to be ballers, shot callers, brawlers - (It’s All About the Benjamins) 1997.

Now I think you can guess I'm not 13, Mentally yes.

We used as a term for someone who is good with girls or someone who does mad things, EG "Kid is just a baller, mate he drank like 15 wicked's and took some girl home from Moston"

I think I like baller more than wonderkid, which I think came from Championship Manager

OverratedOpinion

But they all come from somewhere, in fact I think we got it from rap music

Want to be ballers, shot callers, brawlers - (It’s All About the Benjamins) 1997.

Now I think you can guess I'm not 13, Mentally yes.

We used as a term for someone who is good with girls or someone who does mad things, EG "Kid is just a baller, mate he drank like 15 wicked's and took some girl home from Moston"

I think I like baller more than wonderkid, which I think came from Championship Manager
Yeah it came from American sports, rap also used it.

I hate the way it sounds. It's the same as people saying someone "flopped" when they dive.

meamth

Or you're just one of those grumpy old man who can't keep up with all the memes, technology and trends.

OverratedOpinion

Or you're just one of those grumpy old man who can't keep up with all the memes, technology and trends.
In my twenties.

I don't really have much interest in keeping up with the "memes" of twitter teens though, you are right.