g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
So, they have improved offensively then, though, they also concede more compared to last season, dont know if some of that has to do with Haaland or not, i watch City not very often tbh.
It's not really to do with Haaland. Cancelo has regressed massively and we haven't had consistency in the backline all season, there's been a few injuries, Akanji or Stones have been at RB a lot.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He actually looks a bit rusty after the world cup break, yet he's scored three goals in two games since the restart. He's on 26 goals already, what the hell?

Oranges038

He's an efficient goal scoring machine.

But there's just something underwhelming and boring about watching him play. Must just be because he's scoring goals for City.

cyberman

He is a fantastic player but three comes a limit when you’re scoring an obscene amount of goals that you’re cannibalising your teams output. Arsenal have only scored 7 goals less than City and are 5 points ahead. Jesus gets injured and they work around it, Haaland gets injured and City are in real trouble.
Haaland may always score but City as a team always scored as well so is it that much of an advantage when the number is so ridiculous? Arsenal have scored in every game this season while City have failed to score in 3. City need another goalscorer to stake their claim and take advantage of Haaland imo

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He is a fantastic player but three comes a limit when you’re scoring an obscene amount of goals that you’re cannibalising your teams output. Arsenal have only scored 7 goals less than City and are 5 points ahead. Jesus gets injured and they work around it, Haaland gets injured and City are in real trouble.
Haaland may always score but City as a team always scored as well so is it that much of an advantage when the number is so ridiculous? Arsenal have scored in every game this season while City have failed to score in 3. City need another goalscorer to stake their claim and take advantage of Haaland imo
But he isn't, they are scoring more as a team this year compared to last, he isn't "cannibalising" anything.

You can make points about City overall as a team, but they are scoring more with him than they were without him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They do also have Alvarez who would probably start for most other premier league teams.
This isn't Jesus downgraded to Nketiah for instance.

cyberman

But he isn't, they are scoring more as a team this year compared to last, he isn't "cannibalising" anything.

You can make points about City overall as a team, but they are scoring more with him than they were without him.
But it’s more direct, more focused. Their all round game is suffering imo and it’s gotten worse as the season goes on.
I was going through their league top scorers and Phil Foden is second with 7. That’s ok but he scored 3 in one game against us and has only scored in two games since. Their two 6 goal wins completely pads their goal scoring stats by the way as well. Their next top scorer after that is Alvarez with 3 league goals and he only plays when Haaland is off the pitch.
Maybe that’s why, against the rest of the league so take out their win against us, they’re only three points better off than United this season?

Judas

Open to offers
He's an efficient goal scoring machine.

But there's just something underwhelming and boring about watching him play. Must just be because he's scoring goals for City.
That's City all over. There's something so unmistakably cold and dull about the entire club. Just robotic and lacking in character. It just feels like a new franchise that has been created in a lab to succeed, and well they've nailed it.

cyberman

We won the league without a striker, and have one of the most exciting young strikers in the world currently off celebrating his world cup.
We won the league without a striker isn’t arguing against my point here. You also sold your second highest league goal scorer in Sterling and are playing your top scorer deeper / further out side.

Oranges038

That's City all over. There's something so unmistakably cold and dull about the entire club. Just robotic and lacking in character. It just feels like a new franchise that has been created in a lab to succeed, and well they've nailed it.
Yeah, the soul less nature of the whole thing could be it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
But it’s more direct, more focused. Their all round game is suffering imo and it’s gotten worse as the season goes on.
I was going through their league top scorers and Phil Foden is second with 7. That’s ok but he scored 3 in one game against us and has only scored in two games since. Their two 6 goal wins completely pads their goal scoring stats by the way as well. Their next top scorer after that is Alvarez with 3 league goals and he only plays when Haaland is off the pitch.
Maybe that’s why, against the rest of the league so take out their win against us, they’re only three points better off than United this season?
I'm not the best judge, but from what little i've seen, they don't appear any better than last season, but they do have the same points total as the same stage as last season, difference is that a rival(Arsenal) had a great start to the season this time, lets see if they keep it up.

FattyFooty

Come on mate, do you seriously think the 4 PL players that played the final for Argentina are among the best at anything?
They are allmost 40 % of a team that won the WC. Its important with stability in a team. And they are a part of the team. Argentina has been good for long. I understand Messi is best. But dont go be stupid thinking he is the only reason they won.

A team with 11 Messis would most likely not win the cup.

And Martinez was pretty feckin important during penalties.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They are allmost 40 % of a team that won the WC. Its important with stability in a team. And they are a part of the team. Argentina has been good for long. I understand Messi is best. But dont go be stupid thinking he is the only reason they won.

A team with 11 Messis would most likely not win the cup.

And Martinez was pretty feckin important during penalties.
The post you replied to was about the "best players". Is it your statement that Martinez, Romero, Mac Allister and Alvarez are among the best players?

France won in 2018 with players like Umtiti, Matuidi, Giroud, Nzonzi or Pavard and I think it's pretty safe to say they aren't the best at anything.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's making the league look shite. 20 goals already :lol:

FattyFooty

The post you replied to was about the "best players". Is it your statement that Martinez, Romero, Mac Allister and Alvarez are among the best players?

France won in 2018 with players like Umtiti, Matuidi, Giroud, Nzonzi or Pavard and I think it's pretty safe to say they aren't the best at anything.
Football is about team.

And if its used as a measurement for who has the singel best players, its not right.

Salah, Haaland, KDB, Son all come from countries that has lesser chance of winning many games.

Put Messi or Mbappe at Norway national team. None of them would been there either.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Haaland hype surely going to pushed to new levels for the rest of the season, the WC made clear the worlds best players aren’t in the Prem
The World Cup is only one tournament, and it is only 7 games for the winners/finalists.

Is it sentimental and puts a lot of pressure on certain players? Yes, but that doesn't mean that the quality is the best.

Amrabat , one of the best midfielders in the WC, never looked like that in Fiorentina.
And even Messi who had a great WC, wasn't looking great in the UCL in the last 3 seasons against very good opposition.

International football it's more about passion than quality itself.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Football is about team.

And if its used as a measurement for who has the singel best players, its not right.

Salah, Haaland, KDB, Son all come from countries that has lesser chance of winning many games.

Put Messi or Mbappe at Norway national team. None of them would been there either.
I didn't say that the original sentence was accurate, but trying to disprove this argument by saying PL is great because 4 starting players from argentina are in this league isn't smart either.

There's obviously amazing players in the PL but if you look at this world cup only, few of the best players play in the PL. Doesn't mean much though.

FattyFooty

I didn't say that the original sentence was accurate, but trying to disprove this argument by saying PL is great because 4 starting players from argentina are in this league isn't smart either.

There's obviously amazing players in the PL but if you look at this world cup only, few of the best players play in the PL. Doesn't mean much though.
Well. Martinez actually won gk of the turnamnet i belive.

And i didnt try to disprove anything. But PL had good players in the WC. Yes Mbappe and Messi was the best ones. But after that many good performers. And many from PL.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Those might not be the best players, but they did their job pretty damn well at the WC.

And that's fine because Football it's a team game, Argentina itself didn't win shit with the individual quality of Zanetti,Ayala, Riquelme,Cambiasso,Zabaleta, Aimar, Redondo,Saviola,Veron, Tevez, etc

Football is a team game, if you put Messi in a lesser national team like Poland he isn't winning shit.

justsomebloke

That equates to 76 goals in a season? You need to recheck your mathematics my friend. 20/14 = 1.42. 1.42x38 = 54.28 goals. That’s assuming he continues to score at his current rate and remains injury free and plays every game.

As for goat no way. Best goal scorer in the world yes, best player no. Those who think he is a better player than Mbappe have been playing too much FIFA, he is a poacher, a good one but a poacher. I genuinely can’t recall any point this season where he has contributed moments of magic and skill like Mbappe does. People can talk all day about how good Man City are but they are 5 points off the pace from a side with a fraction of the budget. “He is a cheat code” if so why are they not top?????
Whoops, not sure what went wrong there, but you (and several others) are obviously right - 54 it is. That's still a big enough number to provide a shot at the NHL scoring crown though.

EDIT checked. I had hare-brainedly typed 28 goals instead of 20. Sorry all.

Last edited:

wangyu

Yeah he is a poacher but I’ve seen him score some great acrobatic goals. I don’t see why he won’t develop into an even better player at this age.

Waynne

Being one on one with goalkeeper is a sitter all day long.
The attacking player still has to bypass the goalkeeper for the goal so not a 'sitter' IMO.

A sitter would be an open goal with 0 obstruction or players to block said attempt on goal.

NewUser777

There are some real beauts in here.. He has scored more goals than Chelsea, and has three goals less than us. Somehow he makes City worse, and is responsible for them concede more goals.. 13 more goals, and he is the all time premiership goal scorer.

Nicolarra90

That equates to 76 goals in a season? You need to recheck your mathematics my friend. 20/14 = 1.42. 1.42x38 = 54.28 goals. That’s assuming he continues to score at his current rate and remains injury free and plays every game.

As for goat no way. Best goal scorer in the world yes, best player no. Those who think he is a better player than Mbappe have been playing too much FIFA, he is a poacher, a good one but a poacher. I genuinely can’t recall any point this season where he has contributed moments of magic and skill like Mbappe does. People can talk all day about how good Man City are but they are 5 points off the pace from a side with a fraction of the budget. “He is a cheat code” if so why are they not top?????
Shut up mate... Don't reveal it

croadyman

Yeah he is a poacher but I’ve seen him score some great acrobatic goals. I don’t see why he won’t develop into an even better player at this age.
Gonna feel like a long 3/4 years for the rest of the Premier League while he's so ridiculously prolific

wangyu

Gonna feel like a long 3/4 years for the rest of the Premier League while he's so ridiculously prolific
Yeah but then real or barca will come and poach him. He is not staying at city forever, too ambitious.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Haaland is not staying at City more than 3 years. Even his dad has said thats the plan. Guardiola extended his contract till 2025 and i think Haaland will stay till then also. His next destination will be Spain, possibly Real Madrid.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There are some real beauts in here.. He has scored more goals than Chelsea, and has three goals less than us. Somehow he makes City worse, and is responsible for them concede more goals.. 13 more goals, and he is the all time premiership goal scorer.
Both can be true at the same time. Over the last three seasons, they had 29, 32, and 35 (equalled atm) points after 15 games. They scored fewer goals in all of them, and conceded fewer in all but one. So as it stands right now, i'd say the overall improvement is miniscule, despite the shitload of goals he has scored. Of course this was the shallowest 'analysis' possible, but i think that's the general direction of discussing the statements in question.

Shark

@NotShark
When you watch him play there's nothing unbelievable about his game that makes me think he's unreal or anything. Most of the time I'm thinking why anyone isn't staying close to the guy, but playing in that City team it's difficult to focus on one player. He just creates this space for himself and is obviously so prolific.