Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If it were Ronaldo chasing some record showing annoyance at being subbed off I’m pretty sure Roy would be talking about how it’s indicative of his top tier mentality and desire.
Very true. He is a very stubborn man who will refuse to even try to see past his biases. Like that teacher we all had in school who would have a few 'favourite' pupils who he'd give the benefit of the doubt to, whilst also consistently picking on other pupils who he decided he disliked a while ago.

I loved Keano as a player but he is a deeply flawed pundit.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I don't disagree on Keane but out of curiosity, what have you heard from Souness that was sensible?
Would be hard pressed to find concrete examples to be fair, but I feel like there has been more than one instance where I have felt Souness has sounded a bit clued up when he removes his bitterness.

Keane I find just says stupid outdated stuff all the time.

Theonas

Scout
Would be hard pressed to find concrete examples to be fair, but I feel like there has been more than one instance where I have felt Souness has sounded a bit clued up when he removes his bitterness.

Keane I find just says stupid outdated stuff all the time.
I think their football analysis is the same but I might be biased here since I think at least Keane can be funny. I think he has brilliant comedic timing and seems like good fun to his friends. Souness just sounds miserable all the time with his everything new is nonsense rhetoric.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I think their football analysis is the same but I might be biased here since I think at least Keane can be funny. I think he has brilliant comedic timing and seems like good fun to his friends. Souness just sounds miserable all the time with his everything new is nonsense rhetoric.
Agreed. I would much rather be stuck in a lift with Keano than Souness. At least I wouldn't have to listen to ramblings such as this:

Also, just to circle back on the Haaland/Pogba comparisons, I can't see a world where Keane is writing in newspaper columns in 10 years time about how he was right about Haaland.

Wilt

”Behaving like a spoiled brat” ….says the man who threw his toys out of the pram and walked out on his team during the World Cup.

Ffs :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Roy is just saying it how it is, the league two comment has been massively exaggerated. We all know Haaland is a monster in front of goal, it was his general play he was referring too. I think you know that.
I agree it's pure hyperbole on Keane's part and not just Keane but a sad indictment of what punditry has become. Sound bytes of pundits trying to go viral.

My point really is though Erling dismissing Keane is hardly Keane living rent free in his head, whilst Keane's recent Haaland infatuation shows what he's become, which is a shame cause he was a quality pundit before he took on his current style.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Keane is a pretty embarrassing pundit.

He is clearly clueless about modern day football, and gets by on (admittedly often entertaining) soundbites and repeating a series of buzzwords / catch-phrases such as 'character', 'leadership', 'desire', 'good / bad dressing room' etc.

He's more suited to the light-hearted 'Stick to Footbal'' chats, than any serious football analysis.

And I agree that if Ronaldo threw a tantrum after getting subbed off, he'd be leaping to his defence. He made himself look like a gutless coward when he refused to criticise Solskjaer during the back end of his reign, and then immediately ranted about Carrick and McKenna being put in temporary charge for literally a few games following his sacking.