Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't break all PL goalscoring records.

Goals scored
Consecutive games etc
Hypothetically speaking, if he leaves City in few years time, he wouldn’t break all those PL records.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hypothetically speaking, if he leaves City in few years time, he wouldn’t break all those PL records.
The current record is 260. At the current rate, he'd get to 264 in 4 years ;)

TheLiverBird

Is he already as good as prime C.Ronaldo as a goal scorer?
He could be one day

but right now such suggestions are bizarre, he hasn’t even finished his first season in the EPL yet, and in the Bundesliga his highest League goals tally was 27

Ronaldo’s was 48 in La Liga then 35, then 25, then 26

Let’s judge him over the seasons

not 8/9 games

he’s started like a madman though and looks at this stage to be capable of blowing all records out the building

Skills

Snitch
Prime CR7 showed it in the CL knockout stages. His goalscoring helped Madrid win ties they were second best in, because he would bury anything and everything coming his way.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What if he wanted to go to city after united? That would have been the biggest embarrassment in history of football.
If is the key word. But before that big IF;
1) he would play for us 3 years and helping us to achieve goals (release clause is becoming active after 3rd season)
2) while he is here we have better chance to persuade him to sign new contract (with bigger release clause or without it)
3) in worst case scenario we have him 3 years and make profit from him
4) he said that he wants to play in different leagues. So he wouldn't go to City

Lets be honest here. We fecked up. Completely.
But but we saved our dignity...

Polar

As crazy as it sounds, it's hard for me to consider him better than KDB
Agree. Also
but KDB isn't the best footballer on the planet. He might be its best playmaker though I think it's a toss up between him and Messi/Neymar in that regard. Besides those two, Mbappe, Benzema, and Lewandowski are better overall players IMO
KDB’s overview and passing skills is on level with Messi om his best. On certain other areas Messi has better skills (on his best), but we have to remember KDB also is a running machine and contribute a lot defensively.

I guess it’s not very controversial to claim KDB and Haaland is the best offensive combo in world football today!

cyberman

Prime Ronaldo scored more goals and every type of goal you can imagine. So no. It’s not just the numbers with he and Messi but the variety of goals they scored without their goal rate dropping

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad that Haaland did not join United either under Ole or EtH ... Just look at what has happened to Sancho (at one time one of the top-5 youth prospects in the world) and the treatment of Ronaldo by fans since he came here (pressing) ... At United Haaland would have been benched and considered a flop for not 'pressing' like EtH wants him to.

FriedClams

the way things are going in domestic leagues other than the EPL, it may be that in 3/4 years time the move to Madrid/Barcelona might not make any sense at all. Think there’s a real possibility that he stays at city the rest of his career, which is scary.

Chief123

I'm glad that Haaland did not join United either under Ole or EtH ... Just look at what has happened to Sancho (at one time one of the top-5 youth prospects in the world) and the treatment of Ronaldo by fans since he came here (pressing) ... At United Haaland would have been benched and considered a flop for not 'pressing' like EtH wants him to.
It’s like Ronaldo and Bale (their 2 best players) weren’t jeered or booed by their own fans before right?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I'm not happy he scored a hattrick against United, but I feel it is a privilege to watch Haaland move and plan his goals in these PL games. He is a rare goal scorer and despite what it entails, I do want him in the PL for a couple of years at least.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
the way things are going in domestic leagues other than the EPL, it may be that in 3/4 years time the move to Madrid/Barcelona might not make any sense at all. Think there’s a real possibility that he stays at city the rest of his career, which is scary.
Funny considering the reigning UCL winner doesn't play in the EPL. I'd rather be worried that Barca sorts their stuff out completely over the next few years again.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's so good, atleast he's ugly I guess.

ExecutionerWasp001

I think he will want that big club on his resume. I know players like Aguero & Silva played the best parts of their careers at City but i think they liked being big fish in a small pond. I think Haaland will do 5 years at City & fill his bank balance & trophy count.

The lustre of the PL will be truly waning at this point. Other than a superhuman effort from Liverpool, City would be on for 5 out of 6 titles. It would be 6 out of 6. The only reason they lost in Pep's first year was due to time taken implementing tactics & waiting untill the 2nd year to undertake the £300 Million transfer spend.

It's hard to see anyone competing with City for the next 5 years. We've gone skint trying to catch up. Liverpool & Spurs only spend intermittently. Arsenal are just City-Lite. I don't see Chelsea's owners continually investing money for no return.

It won't be long untill this ''Best league in the world'' & ''most competitive league'' nonsense is put to bed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He could be injured for the rest of the season and still end up in the top 5 of the scoring charts, crazy to think about.

Amazing Santos

Everyone dreams of playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid when they are 3 years old.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What limitations does he have?

He's good on the ball, strong, quick, reads the game, timing of runs is exceptional, deadly finishing, can hold the ball up, can lay the ball off brilliantly, works hard,

What limitations are you seeing?
He hasn't scored with his dick yet.

croadyman

I'm not happy he scored a hattrick against United, but I feel it is a privilege to watch Haaland move and plan his goals in these PL games. He is a rare goal scorer and despite what it entails, I do want him in the PL for a couple of years at least.
No thanks not at our City rivals

croadyman

Hard not to think what might have been if Utd weren't so against release clauses or like I said took him from Molde

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Don't be stupid :lol:

We're talking about a player who has more goals than games over the last 4-5 seasons. He would score goals for anyone.

croadyman

Don't be stupid :lol:

We're talking about a player who has more goals than games over the last 4-5 seasons. He would score goals for anyone.
Yeah and now due to our stupid principles we look on absolutely green with envy. Can't shake that feeling of disgust at how we are run whatsoever

Cypriot

He's an absolute freak. Hard not to be envious now.

He's going to break all the records if he stays in the Prem. We can only hope he'll move on to Spain very soon.

croadyman

He's an absolute freak. Hard not to be envious now.

He's going to break all the records if he stays in the Prem. We can only hope he'll move on to Spain very soon.
Whoever is responsible for Utd not taking him needs to own up and accept the backlash for such a dumb decision

croadyman

Never have I felt this jealous about a player because no one else like him in that area

troylocker

Prime Ronaldo scored more goals and every type of goal you can imagine. So no. It’s not just the numbers with he and Messi but the variety of goals they scored without their goal rate dropping
Problem is that he didn't.
Prime Ronaldo played in an absolute mastodont team built to feed him too. It's not like they flew in from all angles all the time, he only scored around 9% of his goals from outside the penalty area (Haaland 4%), and it took an enourmous amount of low xG shots to get to there. Haaland rather finds a teammate than go for a low xG finish.

Ronaldo's 7 best seasons for Real Madrid and best season for us (goals/90 and goals+assists/90) :

For Real Madrid
10/11 - 1,03 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
11/12 - 1,10 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
12/13 - 1,07 G/90 & 1,32 G+A/90
13/14 - 1,14 G/90 & 1,52 G+A/90
14/15 - 1,19 G/90 & 1,63 G+A/90
15/16 - 1,07 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
17/18 - 1,08 G/90 & 1,27 G+A/90

For Manchester United (22/23 years old - Ballon d'or winning season):
07/08 - 0,91 G/90 & 1,06 G+A/90

Messi's 2 best seasons:
11/12 - 1,25 G/90 & 1,81 G+A/90
12/13 - 1,32 G/90 & 1,70 G+A/90
-

Haaland for City so far:
22/23 - 1,67 G/90 & 1,97 G+A/90 (I'd be surprised if this is sustainable for an entire season, but it's not impossible)

Haaland for Dortmund (19-21 years old):
1,08 G/90 & 1,36 G+A

There is nothing suggesting that this is a one of season either. Haalands numbers the last 3 years are better than R9s pre-injury and we haven't seen anything like it at his age in modern football (last 50 years). R9s silly 96/97 season for Barca: 0,99 G/90 & 1,25 G+A/90

Kane is having his best start in the PL 8 games into the season of his career when it comes to goals (same as the 20/21 season with 7 goals in 8 games) and he's 7 goals behind Haaland already.
In the PL-era (post 1992) Owen was the fastest in history to get 3 hattricks in the league, needing only 48 games to get there. Haaland needed 8 games.
Haaland has 26 goals in the Champions League in 21 games mainly for Salzburg and Dortmund. Ronaldo needed 60 games for Manchester United and Real Madrid to get to 26 CL-goals (he was 25 and just about to turn 26 then). Messi needed 45 games to get there for Barca (aged 23).
Unless he breaks a leg, he will smash the old PL-record for goals in a season by 10+ goals at least in his debut season. Aguero maxed on 26 PL goals in a season in this team (10 seasons) and is considered by most as a top-5 ever PL-striker.

Sometimes you just don't understand what you're watching before later. I know you will try to find reasons to talk down what we are witnessing here, but take into account that we might be witnessing something really special here.

Pickle85

Problem is that he didn't.
Prime Ronaldo played in an absolute mastodont team built to feed him too. It's not like they flew in from all angles all the time, he only scored around 9% of his goals from outside the penalty area (Haaland 4%), and it took an enourmous amount of low xG shots to get to there. Haaland rather finds a teammate than go for a low xG finish.

Ronaldo's 7 best seasons for Real Madrid and best season for us (goals/90 and goals+assists/90) :

For Real Madrid
10/11 - 1,03 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
11/12 - 1,10 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
12/13 - 1,07 G/90 & 1,32 G+A/90
13/14 - 1,14 G/90 & 1,52 G+A/90
14/15 - 1,19 G/90 & 1,63 G+A/90
15/16 - 1,07 G/90 & 1,38 G+A/90
17/18 - 1,08 G/90 & 1,27 G+A/90

For Manchester United (22/23 years old - Ballon d'or winning season):
07/08 - 0,91 G/90 & 1,06 G+A/90

Messi's 2 best seasons:
11/12 - 1,25 G/90 & 1,81 G+A/90
12/13 - 1,32 G/90 & 1,70 G+A/90
-

Haaland for City so far:
22/23 - 1,67 G/90 & 1,97 G+A/90 (I'd be surprised if this is sustainable for an entire season, but it's not impossible)

Haaland for Dortmund (19-21 years old):
1,08 G/90 & 1,36 G+A

There is nothing suggesting that this is a one of season either. Haalands numbers the last 3 years are better than R9s pre-injury and we haven't seen anything like it at his age in modern football (last 50 years). R9s silly 96/97 season for Barca: 0,99 G/90 & 1,25 G+A/90

Kane is having his best start in the PL 8 games into the season of his career when it comes to goals (same as the 20/21 season with 7 goals in 8 games) and he's 7 goals behind Haaland already.
In the PL-era (post 1992) Owen was the fastest in history to get 3 hattricks in the league, needing only 48 games to get there. Haaland needed 8 games.
Haaland has 26 goals in the Champions League in 21 games mainly for Salzburg and Dortmund. Ronaldo needed 60 games for Manchester United and Real Madrid to get to 26 CL-goals (he was 25 and just about to turn 26 then). Messi needed 45 games to get there for Barca (aged 23).
Unless he breaks a leg, he will smash the old PL-record for goals in a season by 10+ goals at least in his debut season. Aguero maxed on 26 PL goals in a season in this team (10 seasons) and is considered by most as a top-5 ever PL-striker.

Sometimes you just don't understand what you're watching before later. I know you will try to find reasons to talk down what we are witnessing here, but take into account that we might be witnessing something really special here.
Surely the first bold bit is directly contradicted by the second bold bit?

troylocker

Yeah! Sancho and Haaland are built quite similarly when it comes to size, speed, strenght and so on, so one should think they would both need time to adapt to being bullied physically in the PL. Sancho might still become really good by the way.
Haaland presses twice as much as Ronaldo (6,2 vs 12,0 pressings per 90). He presses more than Benzema, Kane, Lewa and Mbappe too. One might even go as far as suggesting that he has an edge over Ronaldo in a few other areas too.

croadyman

Yeah! Sancho and Haaland are built quite similarly when it comes to size, speed, strenght and so on, so one should think they would both need time to adapt to being bullied physically in the PL. Sancho might still become really good by the way.
Haaland presses twice as much as Ronaldo (6,2 vs 12,0 pressings per 90). He presses more than Benzema, Kane, Lewa and Mbappe too. One might even go as far as suggesting that he has an edge over Ronaldo in a few other areas too.
Oh god just seeing that is making me worse

troylocker

Surely the first bold bit is directly contradicted by the second bold bit?
Haaland scores more than prime Ronaldo per minute on pitch right now.
Ronaldo scored more from outside the box, but still a relatively low percentage of his total goals.
How is that contradicting?

I have never claimed Haaland scores more than Ronaldo from outside the pen area. He might have a higher goals per shot ratio from outside the area though.

Pickle85

Haaland scores more than prime Ronaldo per minute on pitch right now.
Ronaldo scored more from outside the box, but still a relatively low percentage of his total goals.
How is that contradicting?

I have never claimed Haaland scores more than Ronaldo from outside the pen area. He might have a higher goals per shot ratio from outside the area though.
Didn't you say that Ronaldo didn't score a more varied range of goals? Which the stat about scoring from outside the area appears to contradict.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Call me impressionable but to watch a player of his talent on British ground is something special. Never has there been a force as formidable, a talent as noteworthy. Blessed do I feel to be living in the age of Erling :drool:

Pickle85

Call me impressionable but to watch a player of his talent on British ground is something special. Never has there been a force as formidable, a talent as noteworthy. Blessed do I feel to be living in the age of Erling :drool:
Statue outside OT please!