Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The noggie defence league will be along soon.
Nah, that'll be after their next game against Villa when he has his two open goals and a penalty in a game they would have won 6-0 without him anyway.

Robbie Boy

Nah, that'll be after their next game against Villa when he has his two open goals and a penalty in a game they would have won 6-0 without him anyway.
He's class, don't get me wrong, but feck me, they are so precious about him.

matsdf

I'm wondering how many goals he'd score if there were actually more people on his team than just De Bruyne trying to feed him the ball.

Reactions: Fortitude

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He gets ignored a lot by his teammates

Loon

:lol:
Ferguson, and even Solskjaer, would have used this guy and his runs correctly.

Eriku

I think he's class :lol: :lol: :lol:

You didn't think that one through; duhhhh. I just love how defensive you lot get about him.

Again; duhhhh.
I’m not defensive, just pretty sure I’ve seen you gleefully post when he’s had an underwhelming game. Maybe I’m confusing you with someone else? Pretty sure I’ve seen you trot out tired lines about people just defending him and Ole just because they’re Norwegian.

V.O.

He's class, don't get me wrong, but feck me, they are so precious about him.
He's a class goalscorer, but that's all he is. He's a net negative for them.

Some coincidence that Dortmund are suddenly putting together their first proper title challenge since before he went there as well.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What's his release clause? Activate it, bring him where he should have been in the first place, or buy Kane and swap.

Eriku

Some coincidence that Dortmund are suddenly putting together their first proper title challenge since before he went there as well.
Worth keeping in mind that Bayern lost Lewandowski to Barca. A striker considered better than Haaland.

Longshanks

Square plug for a round hole? I mean you can't argue with the goals he's scored but is he scoring more as an individual affecting how many city score as a team? And is it making them a little more predictable?

I think it is. I'm not sure Pep actually knows how to balance the team with him in it. Hence the muddled line ups and formations. He has a destabilising effect on Peps rock solid philosophy and system and it's beginning to show.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just doesn’t suit the city style of play or team, they don’t like playing the risk ball over the top or through the middle and haven’t been coached that way for years to be fair to them. His runs constantly get ignored.

I think he’d be a different animal at United with Bruno behind him

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just doesn’t suit the city style of play or team, they don’t like playing the risk ball over the top or through the middle and haven’t been coached that way for years to be fair to them. His runs constantly get ignored.

100%.

cyberman

He’s scored like 60 goals this season, I doubt he’s being ignored.
Surely it’s on him to make himself available and become more involved in these games? Even Rashford has stopped the constant I need to run behind here attitude and actually comes to the ball

Robbie Boy

I’m not defensive, just pretty sure I’ve seen you gleefully post when he’s had an underwhelming game. Maybe I’m confusing you with someone else? Pretty sure I’ve seen you trot out tired lines about people just defending him and Ole just because they’re Norwegian.
You're definitely confusing me with someone else.

V.O.

Worth keeping in mind that Bayern lost Lewandowski to Barca. A striker considered better than Haaland.
Aye, but Dortmund's Haaland replacement was diagnosed with cancer as soon as he got there, so they're probably still about even on the 'losing a striker' score.

Idxomer

A bang average footballer in a freak body, not close to prime Zlatan who was also quite overrated.

Baneofthegame

City points at this point in the last 5 seasons (After matchday 20)
2022/23 45 points
2021/22 50points
2020/21 44points
2019/20 41points
2018/19 47points

So in the last 5 seasons they have been better twice, worse twice.

The teams who have had more than 45points by GW 20 in the last 5 seasons are Liverpool 2019/20 55points, Liverpool 2018/19 54points Arsenal 2022/23 50 points

Could it be that Man City are having an average City season. Not underperforming nor overperforming and without an outstanding Arsenal that has lost just 1 game all season City will be sitting pretty on top of the league despite their defensive woes this season. Missing their 2 best CBs Laporte and Dias and having to play Akanji and Ake
Why have Dias and Laporte been on the bench the past couple of weeks if they are having to play such shite.

Robbie Boy

Aye, agree with that. He's a phenomenal goalscorer, but overall, he hasn't made City a better team. I thought City was a strange career move for him, as Pep doesn't exactly play to his strengths.

Woodzy

Being only a class goal scorer is something 99% of teams in the world would be looking for from their number 9. He’s picked the wrong club in City and vice versa.

Righteous Steps

Being only a class goal scorer is something 99% of teams in the world would be looking for from their number 9. He’s picked the wrong club in City and vice versa.
What club would he have been suited to? All the top clubs have had their best seasons in recent years playing with strikers who are far more well rounded, Bayern with Lewa, Madrid with Benzema, Liverpool with Firmino, City with Jesus Aguero and whoever as a false 9, what would have been the right club for him if City is the wrong one?