Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think City and Liverpool are both slightly weaker than last season. Think City will regret letting both Sterling and Jesus go when Haaland gets his annual 2 month injury

Chief123

I think City and Liverpool are both slightly weaker than last season. Think City will regret letting both Sterling and Jesus go when Haaland gets his annual 2 month injury
Don’t forget Alvarez will step in when Haaland is unavailable. He’s brilliant and better potential than Jesus.

I personally think City have strengthened and Liverpool have weakened. Even though city have lost Sterling and Jesus, they’ve gained Haaland, Alvarez and a potentially rejuvenated Grealish who I think will offer a lot more than he did last season. I think the place where City may struggle at times is a lack of explosive pace on the wings which they had with Sterling.

Blood Mage

City's shirts get uglier every year I swear. Truly a bunch of chavs who won the lottery.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Hes going to smash Agueros record I reckon. Fitness permitting of course.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The only thing stopping this cyborg are his iOS updates. Or injuries, as we humans call them

SportingCP96

Supports
City is going through a period of dominance that I don’t see ending any time soon.

Chief123

City is going through a period of dominance that I don’t see ending any time soon.
Pep leaving is our best hope. The level of spending hasn’t been dissimilar to ours. Ours has just been done very badly.

I genuinely think Ten Haag would have been Pep’s replacement if the time was right.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah. Unlimited funds while also being seemingly very well run is a scary combination. I guess we can live in hope that they get a few coaching appointments wrong, post pep.
That’s the kicker really. If Pep was to stay I think they would be a bigger threat to break United’s record then Liverpool.

However if their next appointment is really good as well I would say it is inevitable that they become a real threat to United record.

Their current dominance reminds me of United’s 06-09 period.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pep leaving is our best hope. The level of spending hasn’t been dissimilar to ours. Ours has just been done very badly.

I genuinely think Ten Haag would have been Pep’s replacement if the time was right.
I wonder if he would leave though. He’s won it all in Spain and Germany and I don’t see him coaching in Italy or France and it does not make sense for him to leave City for another English club.

I think their is a scary possibility he stays at City. His Legacy would be insane if he turned the tide in Manchester and “knocked them off their perch” similar to what United did to Liverpool.

In fact that is probably the most interesting project for him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wonder if he would leave though. He’s won it all in Spain and Germany and I don’t see him coaching in Italy or France and it does not make sense for him to leave City for another English club.

I think their is a scary possibility he stays at City. His Legacy would be insane if he turned the tide in Manchester and “knocked them off their perch” similar to what United did to Liverpool.

He's gone end of this contract.

He wants to retire young plus he wants to manage an international team before he does retire.

He'll never get the Spain job but could well end up in charge of England someday.

Not only this but his day will come. People thought Jose would be successful forever etc.. Football eventually passes everyone by, cept SAF.

TheReligion

Abusive

He’d have to stay a long long time to get city to 21 titles!

Cloud7

Sad thing is, I was talking to this 25 year old the other day, that said he always liked City because he grew up watching them play great football... So there is a new generation of football fans that grew up with this version of City, unfortunately.
It was always gonna happen to be fair. City have been the team in the most high profile league in the world for the last decade. Among the younger generation that I see these days (teens and younger) they’re mostly in City or PSG shirts.

SuperiorXI

It was always gonna happen to be fair. City have been the team in the most high profile league in the world for the last decade. Among the younger generation that I see these days (teens and younger) they’re mostly in City or PSG shirts.
I'm seeing a lot around Manchester and I think where are the parents? They deserve a slap.

Newtonius

Honestly why do people care i can understand why its different for local lads but at the end of the day even if they become so historically unbeatable and all the kids continue to flock to their bandwagon theres a reason why United fans were supporting them to win the league this season, since the takeover they are ultimately a manufactured club and everyone knows it theres just none of the emotion its unironically plastic.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I honestly struggle to see why he would want to leave soon.

RedStarUnited

He's gone end of this contract.

He wants to retire young plus he wants to manage an international team before he does retire.

He'll never get the Spain job but could well end up in charge of England someday.

Not only this but his day will come. People thought Jose would be successful forever etc.. Football eventually passes everyone by, cept SAF.
The fundamentals in Peps game are very strong and I really think are timeless in league format. They work hard off the ball in both phases, defending and attacking. They keep the ball away from opponents which leads to them conceding less chances therefore less goals. They create loads of chances too, it allows a striker less team to score more goals than everyone else.

Joses teams in his prime could defend really well, but didnt attack nearly as well.

Our best hope is Peo gets tired and moves on and Madrid start chasing Klopp heavily from next season.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He looks like Ron Perlman in that 80’s Beauty and the Beast TV show.

BlueHaze

Why the hell he walking around like Frankenstein on that clip. The way he has his hair too I think he just watched thor love and thunder.

NorthBraxton

It is embarassing being a part of this forum and reading the last few pages of this thread. Yeah, he is great and joined our biggest rivals. Doesn't mean you guys need to bash his looks.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So yeah, back to bashing his looks.

I'll go with Brock Lesnar on (slightly) fewer steroids.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Oh look at me! I'm the edgy and cocky badboy acting all hard!

This clown is an absolute cartoon. :lol:

He'll flop. He'll basically be Lukaku with good PR.

Smores

Hindsight is beautiful. It doesn’t change the fact that if we had signed Haaland on the terms they wanted, right now we would very likely be losing Haaland against our will.
We would have enjoyed a quality player and got a profit whilst at worse being able to plan for his replacement and at best locking him down.

Everytime a player signs a contract we risk losing them against our will it's just a matter of timeframe. Concerns over the release clause seem like a matter of pride which is ridiculous.

Rockets Redglare

It is embarassing being a part of this forum and reading the last few pages of this thread. Yeah, he is great and joined our biggest rivals. Doesn't mean you guys need to bash his looks.
Yep. He’s a great striker who unfortunately has signed for that bunch of tossers, it wouldn’t matter if he was a doppelgänger for John Merrick he’d still be better than anything we’ve got.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
We would have enjoyed a quality player and got a profit whilst at worse being able to plan for his replacement and at best locking him down.

Everytime a player signs a contract we risk losing them against our will it's just a matter of timeframe. Concerns over the release clause seem like a matter of pride which is ridiculous.
It didn't concern Man City. It is rumored Haaland has release clause in his current contract as well.