Television Normal People

alsabi

Anyone see this on BBC One last night? My girlfriend and I watched the first two episodes and then the next four on iPlayer (all 12 are available). Not familiar with the source material but have enjoyed this so far.

Ibi Dreams

I read the book and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to see that this is out and that people are saying it's good

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

That whole thread. Ah liveline, never change. :lol:

Oggmonster

Binged watched this over a couple of nights. It is brilliantly written and acted, one of best things I've seen on BBC in years. Won't spoil it for anyone as it is getting aired weekly still I think but would really recommend it to anyone. Wouldn't know how to explain how felt after it but it's definitely a thoughtful show.

arnie_ni

Binged watched this over a couple of nights. It is brilliantly written and acted, one of best things I've seen on BBC in years. Won't spoil it for anyone as it is getting aired weekly still I think but would really recommend it to anyone. Wouldn't know how to explain how felt after it but it's definitely a thoughtful show.
V. Hard to explain to someone. Ive never felt a range of emotion quite like it tbh.

Brilliant show

Deery

Dreary
I really enjoyed it very simple show felt like you were reading a book.

Acole9

Outstanding
Did anyone think all the nudity and sex scenes were a bit unnecessary?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
the main guy used to live with a friend of mine, good to see him get such a big role, although all I think of when I see him is that "Bali... haunis" Denny ad.

Oggmonster

Did anyone think all the nudity and sex scenes were a bit unnecessary?
Not really. There was a lot of them but then they are young and it's pretty normal it's probably more realistic in that regard than other shows.

It apparently stays pretty faithful to the book as well which I've not read personally so that may be a factor.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can someone explain what it's about? On the surface it doesn't seem like something I'd normally watch.

Zen

It's about a 'connection' between two people over their 16-22 years pretty much.

It's not bad.

Oggmonster

Can someone explain what it's about? On the surface it doesn't seem like something I'd normally watch.
It's not something I'd really watch but I really liked it.

Basically like @Zen says really. Obviously stuff happens in the meantime. They're from different backgrounds etc and are on paper different people and how they progress through school/uni etc

arnie_ni

It's not something I'd really watch but I really liked it.

Basically like @Zen says really. Obviously stuff happens in the meantime. They're from different backgrounds etc and are on paper different people and how they progress through school/uni etc
I can safely say i wouldnt have watched it if they wife wasnt watching it, but i liked it

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
It’s strange. Not a lot actually happens, but the acting is fantastic and had me gripped all the way through.

Acole9

Outstanding
People on Twitter kicking off because the main actress ruined the ending. This has been on iplayer for weeks, why can't people get with the times and binge watch.

Oggmonster

People on Twitter kicking off because the main actress ruined the ending. This has been on iplayer for weeks, why can't people get with the times and binge watch.
I think with that people just like complaining for complainings sake! It has in theory finished like you say as it's been on iPlayer so just don't go on the casts twitter/instagram etc or don't moan cos they "ruin" it.

I'm the same with binge watching but my neighbours were talking about it last week and are watching it weekly to give themselves some kind of routine which is fair enough I suppose.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
well it's airing on RTÉ weekly here in Ireland. Only six episodes in (two a week). We don't have access to iPlayer here so it's understandable if it's Irish people getting pissed off!

Neo_Mufc

I enjoyed the start of the series quite a lot but towards the end I struggled to maintain much liking.