Northern Ireland Milk Cup

jb8521

Sam Byrne scored Uniteds goal tonight. Bruno Gomes scored again in Desportivos 3-0 win, he now has 6 in the tournament

jb8521

United won on penalties after a 2-2 draw against Tyrone. Uniteds goals were scored by Byrne and Pereira. Penalties Weir scored, Grimshaw missed, Wilson scored, Rothwell scored, Pereira scored. Good for Pereira to get a goal and the winning penalty after his penalty hit the bar in the shootout last night. In the elite section Angelo Henriquez scored another 2 goals for Chile against USA

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
United won on penalties after a 2-2 draw against Tyrone. Uniteds goals were scored by Byrne and Pereira. Penalties Weir scored, Grimshaw missed, Wilson scored, Rothwell scored, Pereira scored. Good for Pereira to get a goal and the winning penalty after his penalty hit the bar in the shootout last night. In the elite section Angelo Henriquez scored another 2 goals for Chile against USA
Cheers for the update mate.

Do you have any info on Bruno Gomes and Lucas Evangalista?
I think I remember you saying that Bruno Gomes will come for further trials after this tourney is over, but I can't remember it properly.

Drainy

Watched the first half. The commentators are just as infuriating as last year.

Newcastle are one of those teams that seem physically mature (there are a few shorter lads, but most look well filled out) and well drilled tactically but not too many standout players.

Lucas Evangalista was being marked VERY tightly, but his work rate, movement, skill, passing and vision have been terrific. He's been kicked a few times by Newcastle players and has shaken it off and got on with the game. Very promising.

mboRa ndomHer0723

I saw that Angelo Henriquez scored 2 goals against the US team. I believe United had him over for training a few times.

Drainy

Desportivo Brasil won 3-0; Bruno Gomes with a decent header after peeling off the defender at the far post. Aguilar with the second (a tap in after the ball broke to him- Bruno Gomes was close to sweeping the ball home just before that) Unsure of the third scorer's name.

The right winger Olivera was probably MotM with his 2 assists, but Lucas Evangelista looks a special talent.
The measuring of his final ball was a little inconsistent, as you'd probably expect at his age, and he wasn't played into a position to have a shot so I couldn't see his technique for myself but he seems to have everything else going for him.

He looks around the 6 foot mark and fairly quick, great movement and skill. Terrific vision for a pass, but what struck me was his workrate and leadership. He was always available in possession and never gave Newcastle's midfielders time to settle. During the second half he could see some of his teammates were flagging and he was giving them encouragement. Terrific for a 16/17 year old. Was very tightly marked by Newcastle, but still showed his qualities.

The Wizard

Cheers Drainy for the quality updates. United didn't make the final but out feeder did. :)

jb8521

Drainy

Recorded the match last night and watched it today. I think the part that typified the intelligence of the commentator was when the main one seemed to think they speak Spanish in Brazil.
:lol: I missed that one! Think I blocked them out after a while.

Heffo

:lol: I missed that one! Think I blocked them out after a while.
It was when one of the Newcastle lads put in a bit of a hard challenge on A desportivo lad who then squared up to him. The commentator said "Geordie and Spanish, that could make for an interesting conversation". Then as they were about to lift the cup he counted up to three in Spanish, I assume it might be similar in Portugese but I doubt it's the same?