Northern Ireland Milk Cup

jb8521

Bruno Gomes and Lucas Evangelista both scored for Desportivo Brasil in their 5-2 win yesterday

Drainy

Bruno Gomes and Lucas Evangelista both scored for Desportivo Brasil in their 5-2 win yesterday
Nice one. Got curious about what's happened with the Brazilian players we have options on today. I know Rafael Leao was let go after the loan, Gladstony didn't make an impact at FC Twente and is said to be going to Royal Antwerp on loan. Aguilar is supposedly still at Twente but I have no idea how he's doing since he's only at youth/reserve level. Obviously, the other two are still with Desportivo Brasil banging them in.

Decotron

Nice one. Got curious about what's happened with the Brazilian players we have options on today. I know Rafael Leao was let go after the loan, Gladstony didn't make an impact at FC Twente and is said to be going to Royal Antwerp on loan. Aguilar is supposedly still at Twente but I have no idea how he's doing since he's only at youth/reserve level. Obviously, the other two are still with Desportivo Brasil banging them in.
Very odd that signing as was how we used him when he played...

jb8521

Aguilar is still at Desportivo and is in the Milk cup squad

Heffo

Hopefully they can put up some big scores and still qualify for the main trophy as thats probably the only way we'll get to see them on the tv. The fact that we now have no recognised center half doesn't look great though. Great run and through ball by Wilson there at that end, really excited about that lad.

Here's the highlights for the Northern Ireland and Chile game. Henriquez seemed to play well and his second goal in particular was a very nice finish. Also McCullough captained NI in that game.

PS18

Not holding out any hope of them making the final with no fit centre-back available - will do incredibly well even to make the knockouts for the main trophy (and will need some help from elsewhere). Just have to make the most of the experience, hopefully click a bit better in midfield and attack than they did in the first game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
3-0 up and it's only half time. Let's hope we score more goals. Two goals from Wilson and one from Bryne.

Drainy

3-0 up and it's only half time. Let's hope we score more goals. Two goals from Wilson and one from Bryne.
From Mr Mujac's twitter feed it sounds like Wilson is having a great game.

Also heard that Desportivo Brasil beat Benfica 6-0. No idea of the line ups or scorers to know how the guys we have options on did but thought that seemed an interesting result anyway.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Now 5-0 and 51 minutes gone. Harrop getting two.

mo0

surprising the squad lost that first game with the talent on show. Rothwell, Wilson standouts for me!

Heffo

surprising the squad lost that first game with the talent on show. Rothwell, Wilson standouts for me!
Ye, If I was to put my money on any player to make it out of this group I'd put it on Wilson. Really like Rothwell and Pearson as well though. Looking forward to seeing how Harrop does with the academy next season and also thought Grimshaw put in some good performances towards the end of last season as well. Harrop has a hat-trick know, 6-0. Needed a big win to increase our chances of qualifying and looks like we've got it. Hopefully the boys can win their final game and other results go their way.

Drainy

Yeah they are my standouts too out of the players I've seen enough of to form an opinion on.

I'm trying to remember if Josh Harrop is the player who Larnell Cole's agent claimed is the best technical player in United's academy or not. edit:no it was Marcus Rashford. Damn memory

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Everytime i've seen Ben Pearson i'v been hugely impressed. He's the standout at that age group for me, from the english players anyway.

SkeppyRed

Ft vs Revo express. United win 8-0.

Goals from Wilson(2), Harrop(4), Byrne and Fletcher.

Drainy

Everytime i've seen Ben Pearson i'v been hugely impressed. He's the standout at that age group for me, from the english players anyway.
Pearson strikes me as being a little bit quicker than Rothwell and at a similar level it terms of touch and short passing. My opinion is that Rothwell has better vision for a final ball and has a good shot on him.

SkeppyRed

Pearson strikes me as being a little bit quicker than Rothwell and at a similar level it terms of touch and short passing. My opinion is that Rothwell has better vision for a final ball and has a good shot on him.
Yeh agree, im a big fan of Joe also. The two of them also link up fantastically together in midfield and dictate games.

Heffo

So United are 7th after todays fixtures. Need to finish 4th or higher to get to the semi finals for the main trophy. Looking through the fixture tomorrow we have a chance, two teams above them are playing each other and the way their points are United guaranteed to go above one of them as long as they win. Then we still have to hope two of the other four lose but a number of them are playing tough opposition.

Basically the lads need to do their job and hope a couple of results go their way.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Desportivo Brazil and Cherry Orchard are both now on 9 points. Bolton and Etoile Lusitana face eachother and whatever the outcome one will finish ahead of United. This means United have to hope Newcastle (who have won 2 out of 2 and a goal difference of +10) lose to CSKA Moscow, while United beat Ichifuna (who are a bit crap) and make up for the difference of 4 in goal difference.

Drainy

United Team: O'Hara, McConnell, Rowley, McNair, Grimshaw, Pearson, Rothwell, Harrop, Pereira, Goss, Wilson

United up 1-0 after 2 mins- Pearson with the goal.

Heffo

They got 5 again today so there's a good chance he may have scored again. United may not be in the final this year but it could still be worth watching if Desportivo reach it. Lucas Evangalista has supposedly been very good in midfield and I think there were some rumours a while back that we'd exercise our option on him sometime around next January or whenever it is he turns 18.

jb8521

They got 5 again today so there's a good chance he may have scored again. United may not be in the final this year but it could still be worth watching if Desportivo reach it. Lucas Evangalista has supposedly been very good in midfield and I think there were some rumours a while back that we'd exercise our option on him sometime around next January or whenever it is he turns 18.
No he didnt score today he was taken off at half time to rest for the semi tomorrow his scoring record is made all the more impressive by the fact that he only turned 16 a couple of weeks ago so is a year and a half under the cut off age for the tournament

Heffo

Good stuff, hopefully they'll reach the final. Although I think it might clash with both Team GB's and Brazil's opening matches in the Olympics.

jb8521

United lost 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw with Strikers FC tonight