Norwegian Football Thread

Eirik Raude

15 years old, only a handful of games in Tippeligaen. If he's not ruined by injuries, he'll be the brightest Norwegian player so far in my lifetime. He's far ahead of the level Dæhli had when he was 15.

Mad Winger

15 years old, only a handful of games in Tippeligaen. If he's not ruined by injuries, he'll be the brightest Norwegian player so far in my lifetime. He's far ahead of the level Dæhli had when he was 15.
I've been meaning to write about him in here. Incredible talent!

I think he deserves his own thread by now. He's surely one of the best 15 year olds in Europe, if not the world..

Redo91

Am I right in saying we were linked with this guy a few months back? I really he stays in Norway until at least the age of 18. It's much better for his development to be playing first team football than being stuck playing for the under 18/21 teams of a PL team.

Can he only play as a number 10?

Mad Winger

Can he only play as a number 10?
He can play on the wing, but it's a bit of a waste. Crossing and longshots doesn't seem to be his strengths, but he's quick and can dribble, so there's that...

He'd do well enough in the Neymar role in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Redo91

He can play on the wing, but it's a bit of a waste. Crossing and longshots doesn't seem to be his strengths, but he's quick and can dribble, so there's that...

He'd do well enough in the Neymar role in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.
Sounds like a real talent. Will probably end up at Barca although in saying that in Scandinavia the PL, and in particular Man Utd, seems to be the biggest attraction for most young players.

Eirik Raude

Now everybody has to realise the sad state of Norwegian football. Iceland and Finland still have teams in European competitions, we have none. Embarrassing.

Laphroaig

Congrats to Molde!

And just how pathetic is Fagermo? He should have gone to Rosenborg, Kåre is far too likable.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cheerio Brann. And Norling actually believed they could win the league this season. Deluded club, manager and fan base, glad they are relegated.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Hope they stay down for a long long time. A much needed relegation.
Most clubs in Norway could do with a sobriety check.
Rosenborg with massive deficit.
Vålerenga have done the same over shitloads of years.
Brann have been more about spending money they don't have and hyping themselves.
Molde most often getting things on the pitch right, but have gone years with their uncles money to save them.

Strømsgodset seem to have been doing things the right way the last years, more clubs should follow their example.
Unsure about Odd, but my earlier impression (a fair few years ago) was that they as well were operaing more in line to the economy they have.
It's just daft that norwegian clubs use money (they don't have) to import foreign players who are at the level their own talents should be able to reach.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone here know why Anderson Aase still plays for KFUM? Been watching a lot of them this season and he's miles ahead of that level.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Anyone here know why Anderson Aase still plays for KFUM? Been watching a lot of them this season and he's miles ahead of that level.
Why are you watching them? :lol:
He was apparently one of the biggest norwegian talents a couple years back, making his debut at 16. He was wanted by Juventus and Reading, but eventually made a move to Stabæk. While he grew older, the club started declining losing a lot of key players, and he ended up with a lot of responsibility at a very young age. It was too much for him so he retired, he lost the joy of playing. Apparently he returned to KFUM now, but it seems like he doesn't want to end up as a professional footballer. The article says he wants to become a psychologist.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Macern

Pee pee pants
I´m a fan of norwegian third/fourth tier football. Also Icelandic lower tier football. Afjord is currently my favourite scandinavian club. Obscure lower league over bets :drool:
:lol::confused:
I played for IF Skarp at 4th tier until one and a half year ago, I was 16 at the time, got a couple of games, but I retired when I realized I wouldn't become the next Solskjær. Also school took up too much time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Spiersey Is there much value in the third tier? KFUM, Raufoss and Kongsvinger seem like they're on a roll in their respective divisions.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Why on earth are you watching Norwegian third tier football? You should google translate this: http://www.nrk.no/sport/fotball/stabaek-talentet-la-opp-som-20-aring-1.11625261 He got tired of football and retired 2-3 years ago.
Why are you watching them? :lol:
He was apparently one of the biggest norwegian talents a couple years back, making his debut at 16. He was wanted by Juventus and Reading, but eventually made a move to Stabæk. While he grew older, the club started declining losing a lot of key players, and he ended up with a lot of responsibility at a very young age. It was too much for him so he retired, he lost the joy of playing. Apparently he returned to KFUM now, but it seems like he doesn't want to end up as a professional footballer. The article says he wants to become a psychologist.
Watch the league for gambling purposes:lol:

@Samid There is very little value pre game unless some teams are missing players or the second teams have help from the first teams. In play is good though, just back KFUM to win if they're drawing at half time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol::confused:
I played for IF Skarp at 4th tier until one and a half year ago, I was 16 at the time, got a couple of games, but I retired when I realized I wouldn't become the next Solskjær. Also school took up too much time.
Never bet on IF Skarp. But overs betting in Afjord´s games is practically guaranteed. They have an amazing 18-75 goal average. Did a big bet on the overs market when they played Strindheim 2. It ended 9-2 looked like floorball score :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How's the Icelandic players doing? I see that Matti Vill is having his best season yet. That's nice. He stayed over at my house one summer for a couple a weeks the summer before he went "pro".

What were Lillestrøm's expectations before the season?

Laphroaig

Elías Már Ómarsson has been massively hyped the last few weeks, I think he just established himself in Vålerenga's first team after tearing the third (?) tier up for their 2nd team. Viking just agreed to sell Bodvarsson to Keiserslautern after the season. I think they wanted to replace him with Vilhjalmsson at Start, but didn't reach an agreement. Now Rosenborg might be in for Vilhjalmsson. I haven't paid too close attention this season. Rosenborg has the league in the bag, Molde disappoints and Bob Bradley's Stabæk is the big surprise.

Lillestrøm has become a midtable team and been so far many years, while at the same time producing some decent players (or finding them in Africa and selling them on). They just agreed to sell Fofana to Lorient. Their expectation would have been a top half finish, and maybe hope to fight for top five? I think they might be a club who have too high hopes due to being a "big club" though, so their ambitions might be bigger than what they should be.

lysglimt

Scout
Not bad, eh?

Fenerbahce - Molde 1-3!
Molde - Pyunik 5-0 and 0-1
Molde - Dinamo Zagreb 1-1 and 3-3
Molde - Standard Liege 2-0 and 1-3
Molde - Fenerbache 3-1

Rosenborg - Vikingur 2-0 and 0-0
Rosenborg - Kr 1-0 and 3-0
Rosenborg - Debrecen 3-2 and 3-1
Rosenborg - Steaua 3-0 and 0-1
Rosenborg - St.Etienne tonight

Odd - Sheriff 3-0 and 0-0
Odd - Shamrock 2-0 and 2-1
Odd - Elsborg 1-2 and 2-0
Odd - Dortmund 3-4 and 2-7

Strømsgodset - Partizana Tirana 3-1 and 1-0
Strømsgodset - Mlada Bolslav 2-1 and 0-1
Strømsgodset - Hajduk Split 0-2 and 0-2

16 wins - 4 draws and 9 defeats.... that is pretty decent by Norwegian standards.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
Of those 9 defeats, 5 were losses in two-legged ties that saw the Norwegian team win.
Add to that the fact that of the four losses that actually mattered, two were against Dortmund then it's very, very good by Norwegian standards.

Eriku

I think we're inching our way towards being a respectable footballing nation again ^_^

Poor Molde, though. They should've made it past Zagreb.