Nostalgic TV Matchday Intro songs

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Does anyone remember the song PL used to play on their "On this day" clips at half time around 2007-10? Used to give me the chills. I remember the melody but can't seem to find any of those clips.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is my favourite from the current ones. Only decent thing Beethoven ever did.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Loved this theme, nothing has matched it since. What makes it more epic is when they show the players. Giggs, Henry, Shearer, made it more exciting waiting for kickoff.

LoSpritz

I remember this being used on a football show, maybe just as highlights though? My memory fails me.
Top tune though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was going to post this myself.

U2's Beautiful Day really worked well with football.

I remember it so fondly because I was ill one night as a child and couldn't sleep so my dad brought me downstairs to watch this in the early morning and, for some reason, that memory has stuck with me, and it's probably why I love the song so much, too.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I hated that ITV intro and I hated that song. Purposefully muted that intro for 3 years.

prateik

Loved this theme, nothing has matched it since. What makes it more epic is when they show the players. Giggs, Henry, Shearer, made it more exciting waiting for kickoff.
Yep. This one.. easily the best.
This was pretty nice too.

I am sure I remember one which had Bon Jovi's Everyday playing at the back.. It might be just for India. I cant find it on youtube. One of the earliest ones I remember.

Josh 76

The days when you waited all week to watch 40 mins of football.
Those were the days!

Dannnny

I really loved the ITV intro for World Cup 2010 in South Africa. I’m sure they got the guy in to sing it in the studio for the final too!

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to embed media so hopefully somebody will help me out and quote this post with the video.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Some great themes here. It's great not knowing exactly which tune will play before you click the videos, then knowing every single beat :lol:

Dunno if this counts as it's not a matchday theme but whatever.
Great memories of this one. I didn't know many players or teams but loved the echoey 'Gol!' at the end.