Not resting players against Sociedad

shabz

In an already jam packed and congested season, surely this is something that we can look back on and criticise Ole for. What was he thinking? Start the B team and have the stars on the bench if we need to close it out.

The performance against Palace tonight was lethargic, dull and braindead at times. That's also three games without a goal now. With no chance in the near future to rest, we could find ourselves really struggling coming into the final part of the season.

PoTMS

Probably didn't make that much of a difference but another sign of lunacy/idiocy/delete as appropriate from the management staff.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
For me the biggest mistake in the last two years is sending a first team squad to the Europa knock outs last year.

marktan

Big mistake from Ole. Rashford and Bruno look dead on their legs.

Redlyn

I din't get that at all. Mindblown to see Bruno on the pitch. What the feck was he thinking.

Ludens the Red

:lol: What?

What was actually goood about that game is neither team bothered doing anything. It was the perfect game, more or less a training session. Maguire and Shaw didn’t play a minute. Bruno and Rashford spent 45 mins each walking around. Tonight had feck all to do with Sociedad and everything to do with the same old story with this United team.

edgecutter

Why we are even trying to win this competition is mind boggling. We are in the race for Champions League football with the league, we don't need to play our first team in this shit tier competition. I got it when Jose had to go for it, but not this season.

slored1

Not the problem. Why do people think that because of 45 minutes against Sociedad, Rashford and Bruno suddenly can't hit the ball properly. It's the gameplan that was shit today.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Just goes to show Ole doesn't really have a plan when it comes to in-game management. I struggle to understand his priority - (a) Win the Europa league (very unlikely) / FA Cup or (b) Secure second place

CM

What was actually goood about that game is neither team bothered doing anything. It was the perfect game, more or less a training session. Maguire and Shaw didn’t play a minute. Bruno and Rashford spent 45 mins each walking around. Tonight had feck all to do with Sociedad and everything to do with the same old story with this United team.
Tend to agree with this. I don't think there was too much of a knock on from that game, the 'performance' we saw tonight wasn't a product of fatigue.

el3mel

We said this and some clever people decided to mock us this day. Cool for them I guess.

Idxomer

I didn't see much point in them starting the game but they barely exerted any effort in the game especially Rashford who just kept passing the ball back to the nearest defender whenever he got it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
45 minutes each for Bruno and Rashford that night is not the reason why they've looked shite in recent games

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t think it has anything to do with tiredness. We were shite away to Fulham and Burnley too - both missed good chances. Lucky against Wolves with a deflected winner, Villa was a tight game, Sheffield United we were pathetic...I could go on. We’ve been poor for quite a while. Outside of Sociedad who clearly had never watched us play and Southampton who had 10/9 men every game we play is a struggle.

SirScholes

In an already jam packed and congested season, surely this is something that we can look back on and criticise Ole for. What was he thinking? Start the B team and have the stars on the bench if we need to close it out.

The performance against Palace tonight was lethargic, dull and braindead at times. That's also three games without a goal now. With no chance in the near future to rest, we could find ourselves really struggling coming into the final part of the season.
Real should of been 0-2 up
Rest was given to players
This had no effect on tonight’s game

Redlyn

It's not the reason for tonight's performance but it just underlines problematic player management overall.

tomaldinho1

People did call this would happen in fairness. I'm not sure how much it made a difference in reality because we were just crap, we didn't look that tired.

shabz

I understand the game was not strenuous or end to end. But just the whole process of going through the matchday ritual, when they could have been off their feet and recuperating, trusting that their teammates could see off a tie with a 4-0 lead. Just seems like we have played some unnecessary minutes, which whether tirimg or not, do add up.

Crustanoid

Definitely added onto the last two matches. Don’t know if we’d have won the last two games but at least we would have been fresher

criticalanalysis

The game against Chelsea probably did more 'damage' imo.

We pressed hard and did a lot of running but didn't do much in the game.

It personifies Ole's approach to games. Get the players fired up and play with intensity. It works half the time because our player's quality will shine through. However, our lack of cohesion, style and coaching means it's a lot of ineffective/inefficient huff and puff.

We make hard work of being defensive and we make hard work of being offensive. It's just not sustainable physically or tactically.