Nottingham Forest Promoted

Santos J

Not sure how long the likes of Colback and McKenna will stay in the 11, Johnson has competition with Dennis, so not sure how long he'll last either.
The likes of Surridge and Cafu getting even less minutes than last season. Can't be easy.
McKenna was their best CB last year, they play 3 at the back and 4th choice is Steve Cook, he'll be fine. Johnson will no doubt rotate in and out and Surridge was a back up until Davis got injured last year, Cafu played less than 350 minutes last season anyway, not sure he counts as one who helped them get promotion.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Dangerous game if they get relegated and don't come up first time of asking.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Not sure how long the likes of Colback and McKenna will stay in the 11, Johnson has competition with Dennis, so not sure how long he'll last either.
The likes of Surridge and Cafu getting even less minutes than last season. Can't be easy.
Last season our squad was threadbare - No LB most the season, no real cover for Yates and garner and no cover at RB. By the season end we were down to one semi fit striker (Surridge). Once the loans left we have Johnson, Worrall, McKenna, Surridge and Yates who might make it at Prem Level in the starting 11. If you need a minimum of two competing for each spot then we needed to make 17 new signings.
McKenna will be fine, the CB most at risk is Joe Worrall. Johnson has a hell of a lot to do - last season was his first in the senior squad after a years loan at Lincoln City. Cafu is a good solid pro who never let us down but won’t change a match either. Surridge is probably the best finisher at the club - I’d back him in a one on one 9/10. He’s the one we‘d send on if we go 2 up top chasing a game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just goes to underscore how there is little to no water outside of England.

Nottingham Forest have just made a signing that 90% of European clubs could not afford.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Last season our squad was threadbare - No LB most the season, no real cover for Yates and garner and no cover at RB. By the season end we were down to one semi fit striker (Surridge). Once the loans left we have Johnson, Worrall, McKenna, Surridge and Yates who might make it at Prem Level in the starting 11. If you need a minimum of two competing for each spot then we needed to make 17 new signings.
McKenna will be fine, the CB most at risk is Joe Worrall. Johnson has a hell of a lot to do - last season was his first in the senior squad after a years loan at Lincoln City. Cafu is a good solid pro who never let us down but won’t change a match either. Surridge is probably the best finisher at the club - I’d back him in a one on one 9/10. He’s the one we‘d send on if we go 2 up top chasing a game.
I really like Surridge, his work rate is superb, he's confident in his ability and doesn't shirk from a battle.

I think he'll be starting up top for you guys before long.

leeroy221

I like Forest but I do worry they will be like Fulham a couple seasons ago when they signed 12 or so new players when they got promoted.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Just goes to underscore how there is little to no water outside of England.

Nottingham Forest have just made a signing that 90% of European clubs could not afford.
It is why Barca, Juve and Real are so desperate for the Super League. They know that the PL is now essentially Euopean footballs De Facto Super League.

I know some people will say that, this cannot continue because TV revenues are flat, but they're really looking just at domestic revenues. The PL's pull internationally is insane. For instance by the next time the PL rights go up for sale in the US, it could be the 3rd most popular league, only behind NFL and NBA.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I like Forest but I do worry they will be like Fulham a couple seasons ago when they signed 12 or so new players when they got promoted.
“In Coops we trust” - we’ll be fine - every signing Cooper made last season made an instant impact with no issues. This season Neckhate, Williams, Toff, Mangala and O’Brien have done the same. Awoniyi is off the mark scoring wise. It’s only Jlingz who needs to up his game. A big part of that is Coops stresses building partnerships. Last season it was Johnson & Spence - Yatsey and Garner etc. This season, O’Brien and Toff were at Hudds together, Williams and Johnson for Wales etc etc. It may look like a mad player binge but it’s been planned for 6 months.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And yet Garner is only worth £14m? With similar stats while being 2 years younger and playing deeper.
That is called negotiations. And for that you must have capable DoF. Which we don't. I bet that City or Luverpool would already sold Garner for 25 mil at least. And not just them

::sonny::

Monza are doing the same in Italia with less money

Because if you get relegated is a mess, championship is a tough league, not sure you can be promoted again

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The Gibbs-White transfer is a bit mental, even if it's £25m upfront. But he is highly-rated.

Some of their deals like getting Awoniyi, Freuler and Lingard are excellent and real coups for a promoted club. Lewis O'Brien will also be a steal at ~£5m (I think him and Toffolo came in a joint deal supposedly worth around £10m), and Henderson will probably win them some points at that end of the table like he did for Sheffield United.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Lot of money for MGW, though I do wonder how the adds on have been structured criteria wise. One thing to remember is that Steve Cooper loves him, he was the manager when Morgan won the U17s world cup, and when Cooper came to Swansea he wanted to bring him in. When he did he sadly got injured after a half dozen games and then recalled in Jan just as he recovered. He was very good though, the talent is there it's just such big money for someone with such a small body of work at this level. It's like Williams, very talented player but the fee for him was very high considering how little he's played, but the talent is there.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Who is DoF there? Ffs, guy is a fixer
A guy called Dane Murphy - An American who used to be CEO at Barnsley. Yes, the guy is a miracle worker and it was his decision to get Cooper in. Dane deserves as many plaudits as Coops.

Abraxas

Their owner is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. Hopefully it pays off for them, it's a really good club.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
11 months ago tomorrow Steve Cooper became Forest Manager. From bottom of the Championship to (ok briefly for 7minutes) Champions league 4th place.

The Urban Goose

Yo @Forest Red 5-4-1/5-3-1-1/3-5-1-1 (however you want to carve it up) tonight?

Interested to see how Freuler does for you, have a feeling he could be your best business of the summer.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Yo @Forest Red 5-4-1/5-3-1-1/3-5-1-1 (however you want to carve it up) tonight?

Interested to see how Freuler does for you, have a feeling he could be your best business of the summer.
Prob 3-5-2 with Yates getting forward more - if we can get the bloody ball

Tiber

Its a business etc and all worth it if they establish themselves. but I still feel a bit bad for the players who got them promoted after decades of irrelevancy and then all got promptly booted out

Coxy

Its a business etc and all worth it if they establish themselves. but I still feel a bit bad for the team who got them up after decades of irrelevancy and got promptly all got booted out
? They didn’t get booted out - they left because they were loans or wanted to leave…

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
They lost 17 players didn't they? Not just the 7 who were there on loan.

Robertd0803

So how many players did they end up signing or did we lose count at this point?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
The lad they signed and sent off to Greece straight away on deadline day, was that one just for fun, one more for the road?

Red Stone

The guy who does their twitter transfer graphics must be the richest man in England at this point.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
They lost 17 players didn't they? Not just the 7 who were there on loan.
It’s easier to list the starters available after the loans/out of contact/moved on left.
Joe Worrall, Steve Cook, Scott Mckenna, Ryan Yates, Jack Colback, Brennan Johnson and Sam Surridge.

3 of those 7 are realistically not going to be regular prem starters so 20+ incoming were always needed.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
The lad they signed and sent off to Greece straight away on deadline day, was that one just for fun, one more for the road?
Josh Bowler - we’ve been after him for 12 months. One of the best young wingers in the champ. He gets a year at Oly at a slightly higher level + some European football. Next season we either have a champ ready quality player or someone hopefully ready to step up to prem level. You do know we‘ve actually had a plan in place right from start? One where the owner, manager and CEO actually talk to each other and work together?;)

Chipper

Adulterer.
Struggled to find the back of the net so far with only 2 goals scored in 5. Importantly those 2 goals have been worth 4 points.

They now have a reasonable looking run of fixtures in their next 6 league matches. Time for players to start bedding in and their season could well start to take shape.

Bournemouth (H)
Leeds (A)
Fulham (H)
Leicester (A)
Villa (H)
Wolves (A)