Kick-off
Wed, 28 February 2024 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bertie Wooster

But he is absolutely capable of doing it and has done before, Amad would get bullied out of there and McTominay would lose his ability to ghost into the box so he won’t score any goals.

It’s hardly an unreasonable decision to start Rashford up top and imagine the outrage if he started any of those listed up top as we would obviously still lose.
    Yeah, I'd prefer McTominay in the #10 role behind Rashford. Providing some of the physicality and, especially, work rate and pressing that Rashford and Bruno won't and that we lack without Hojlund. It also keeps McTominay in that position that allows him to ghost into the box.

That would probably mean moving Bruno out to the right as he's highly unlikely not to start at all. But as he's not playing that well anyway at #10, and the other starting options (Antony, Amad, Forson) are no better and probably worse, then Fernandes, McTominay, Garnacho and Rashford are probably our best remaining bets for goals and it gets them all in there in positions they're all familiar with playing (albeit not necessarily their 'best' ones).

Last edited:

RuudTom83

A mid-week game! bloody hell.

No Hojlund means this is gonna very be hard work.

Do we go with McTom upfront and hope for the best?

Superden

its going to be the same as most other games this season, regardless of how well we play going forward, forest will have enough chances, its whether they are good enough to put them away.

soapythecat

Easy win for Forest. We have been rubbish, even when we win. Take out the Villa comeback and Palace in the cup, and we could have been beaten easily in every game this season. So many players need to step up but I'm sure ETH will persist with a press that Rashford can't and won't do.

Jaap

Probably be
    Onana
    Dalot Maguire Varane Lindelöf
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Antony Bruno Garnacho
    Rashford

should be

Onana
    Dalot Maguire Varane Amass
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford
    Amad/Forson

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Has Amad ever played false 9/CF? I’m unsure what we are all wishing for here.

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest
    According Nuno’s pre-match presser, non of the Afcon players are fit yet + no new injuries after Villa so my guess for our lineup will be

Sels

Williams - Felipe - Murillo - Toffolo
    Yates - Dominguez
    Elanga - MGW - CHO
    Awoniyi

Chairman Steve

If we win, I guarantee someone’s going to make a whole song and dance about ‘Fergie almost got sacked until we won an FA Cup tie against Forest away!’

NLunited

Dalot and Garnacho on left, Rashford middle, Antony on right with Lindelöf.

Let Antony start to see if he can recover a bit of form.

Forson and Amad were poor.

Casemiro should play otherwise we might be overrun in midfield again. I don‘t trust McT in there defensively.

peridigm

What kind of statement will ETH make for his last game in charge? Should be interesting. Just kidding, I think he'll be here until we get hammered by City on March 3.
    ETH won't be sacked until CL qualification is no longer achievable. Even a hammering by City won't trigger the bosses. At least this is my thought process given the way we have been run for the past 10 years. Maybe the new bosses will actually do something correctly and sack him sooner so a capable manager can come in and get us CL qualification. Wouldn't that be something.

NLunited

ETH won't be sacked until CL qualification is no longer achievable. Even a hammering by City won't trigger the bosses. At least this is my thought process given the way we have been run for the past 10 years. Maybe the new bosses will actually do something correctly and sack him sooner so a capable manager can come in and get us CL qualification. Wouldn't that be something.
    Is attaining CL football still a requirement?

It is a different situation to 8-10 years ago: the league is a lot stronger. I‘m pretty sure we aren‘t operating by that metric anymore.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Sels

Williams - Felipe - Murillo - Toffolo
    Yates - Dominguez
    Elanga - MGW - CHO
    Awoniyi
    Forest's run of having a new keeper every time I see them play continues :lol:

CasaStreets

Don’t think so, he came on for Martial vs Milan a few years back (and scored a good goal) but I believe we shifted Greenwood up front that day and played Amad wide right.

I’d personally say put McT up there. It’ll be basically the same as Weghorst but with slightly worse hold-up and slightly more goal threat, which is definitely better than putting Rashy there and all but ruining our press.

He won’t do it though, it’ll be Rashford. I think they’ll play straight through us.

Needham

Shades of 1989/90 season?
    Only if there's crowd trouble outside. Tony O Neill's book has the off the field story of that game. Fights all day. Think Forest were out for revenge after what happened in the quarters at OT the season before.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    I don't think he's started a game as one, but he did end up as a CF at some points during last season when other players were subbed, and he didn't stand out there from memory but wasn't bad either.

BorisManUtd

There's no replay from this round, right? So everything will be decided tomorrow. We lost at Forest 2 months ago so that happening again would effectively mean our season finished.

Gator Nate

Just a thought... never gonna happen:

Onana
    Maguire - Varanne - Evans
    Mainoo - Casemiro
    Garnacho - McTominay - Bruno - Rashford
    Amad​

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest
    There's no replay from this round, right? So everything will be decided tomorrow. We lost at Forest 2 months ago so that happening again would effectively mean our season finished.
    Correct - extra time and penalties. Fun fact - we haven't lost a Pen shootout since the mid 90’s - currently 10 undefeated.:smirk:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Given the injuries...
    Onana
    Lindelof Kambwala Evans Dalot
    Casemiro Mainoo
    Garnacho Eriksen Rashford
    McTominay
    Or amad on the right and Rashford top? feck knows. Won't be pretty.

thisisnottaken1

This would be the first match that Bruno has missed through injury for us, he missed one match via illness back in April.

Wheato

----------------------Onana
    Lindelof Kambwala Evans Dalot
    ----------Casemiro Amrabat
    ---Garnacho Mainoo Rashford
    ----------------McTominay

Wheato

This would be the first match that Bruno has missed through injury for us, he missed one match via illness back in April.
    Good. He's giving the ball away like Willy Wonka handing out sweets. Maybe we can control the game with less hopeful balls into no-mans land.

Hester_manc

....................Onana.........
    Dalot.Kambwala.Evans.Lindelöf

............Mainoo...Casemiro............
    .....................Eriksen.....................
    Antony.................................Garnacho
    ......................Rashford........................

So stupid that we did not loan Reguilon for the rest of the season. We knew that Malacia would be out for a long time, and we knew that Shaw always get injured.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

This is getting ridiculous.

I dread every press conference ahead of a game as it's just waiting to find out which senior players are the latest to join the injury list. :(

Absolute nightmare of a season as regards injuries and results. The only positive is the light at the end of the tunnel with the long term INEOS plans.

Wheato

This is getting ridiculous.

I dread every press conference ahead of a game as it's just waiting to find out which senior players are the latest to join the injury list. :(

Absolute nightmare of a season as regards injuries and results. The only positive is the light at the end of the tunnel with the long term INEOS plans.
    This was inevitable, we were still alive in 4 competitions by April last season. We played something like 65 games, with a World Cup thrown in. Bruno played more competitive games than anyone in the top 5 leagues. Casemiro played more games last season, than any other season in his whole career.

We see all these senior players way off it this year, and I think this could be the reason. They were overplayed, not rested and didn't have the time to recover mentally and physically. I honesty think that the Mason Mount signing was back up for Bruno and replacement for Erikson, but obviously his injuries have forced Ten Hag to keep playing them.

RuudTom83

Varane has been playing for a few matches so he needs a midweek rest. 2 games a week should never be an option with his recovery record the last few years.

Bruno could do with having some time to recharge.

As long as they are fit for City at the weekend.

Unam333

....................Onana.........
    Dalot.Kambwala.Evans.Lindelöf

............Mainoo...Casemiro............
    .....................Eriksen.....................
    Antony.................................Garnacho
    ......................Rashford........................

So stupid that we did not loan Reguilon for the rest of the season. We knew that Malacia would be out for a long time, and we knew that Shaw always get injured.
    Possibly this lineup considering the injuries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw