Now the Glazer’s have no excuse.

432JuanMata

I made a thread before about not understanding the gate for the Glazer’s about 3 months ago. That has changed with the ESL choosing money over fans. But when I made the thread I blamed Ed for a lot of the bad things saying the Glazer’s have spend so much money over the last few years and got met with the caf saying “well the Glazers employ Woodward etc.

Now since Ed is gone Woodwardthe Glazer’s have no excuse anymore, they need to get the fans back on board and need to compete. Overall I’m delighted over Ed being given the marching orders let’s see how it pans out

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
what’s wrong with the ice

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
they’re slow on the uptake their and icy hearts won’t be melted by our rage.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't get it. So why they don't have any excuse? They don't need to do anything imo, they'll be pissed and will drain money from the club even more.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I made a thread before about not understanding the gate for the Glazer’s about 3 months ago. That has changed with the ESL choosing money over fans. But when I made the thread I blamed Ed for a lot of the bad things saying the Glazer’s have spend so much money over the last few years and got met with the caf saying “well the Glazers employ Woodward etc.

Now since Ed is gone Woodwardthe Glazer’s have no excuse anymore, they need to get the fans back on board and need to compete. Overall I’m delighted over Ed being given the marching orders let’s see how it pans out
My head hurts (no offence) :lol:

Speako

Let’s hope they see this window of opportunity and leave.

432JuanMata

I don't get it. So why they don't have any excuse? They don't need to do anything imo, they'll be pissed and will drain money from the club even more.
Really? We have spent 750m in last 4/5 seasons that is a lot of money ? We have spent it wrong

Roboc7

No fans have no choice now, get rid of them. Forget the nonsense about the Glazers competing or doing anything to benefit the club, get them out. It’s easy don’t buy seasons tickets, don’t buy anything from the club, let the stadium sit empty and they are done. Another year of no revenue from stadium and their position is untenable.

It won’t happen but unless fans act they can’t complain, there’s no money to invest in the stadium and no intent to compete or invest in the squad properly.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

There's all the super league nonsense going on and you're worried about the Glazers having a gate?

kidbob

Neville just called them out again. We need all our ex players to do so and to keep doing so. That is what will really get all the fans onboard, even the casuals.

Edit: I mean there is no more 'onboard' they are done at this club. They should never be trusted again.

Tyrion

The Glazers starting to compete isn't enough. This should lead to changes across European football that at least curb the power of superclubs, including ours.

432JuanMata

There's all the super league nonsense going on and you're worried about the Glazers having a gate?
The Super League is dead mate after today, Chelsea/City pulling out, our main players putting up things about it and sacking Woodward it’s over. It’s now up no excuse as we have to compete as most blame Woodward so now the next ones is the Glazers if we don’t

432JuanMata

The Glazers starting to compete isn't enough. This should lead to changes across European football that at least curb the power of superclubs, including ours.
No I agree. The German mode of 51% being owned by fans is the way but I don’t see English football going that way

No I agree. The German mode of 51% being owned by fans is the way but I don’t see English football going that way
If the value of the club is £3.5bn (I’m not sure what the exact value is, as no real interest).

You would need 50,000 fans to shell out £35k each. Or you would need 1.75m fans to put in £1k

432JuanMata

Yes it's a lot of money.

Yes we have spent it wrong.

Do we need to spent more? Probably yes but we can also sell.

I don't get your point. What has changed?
The Glazers have spent the money so it’s Ed’s fault as he hires the managers and recruits the players hence why I said no excuse as if they continue to spend the money and get people in the right positions we should be challenging

432JuanMata

If the value of the club is £3.5bn (I’m not sure what the exact value is, as no real interest).

You would need 50,000 fans to shell out £35k each. Or you would need 1.75m fans to put in £1k
Don’t we have 650 millions fans worldwide ? We have a lot of rich fans that will happily donated more than others too own 51% of the club

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I agree. It was Woodwardthe Glazer’s fault.

Don’t we have 650 millions fans worldwide ? We have a lot of rich fans that will happily donated more than others too own 51% of the club
Allegedly. How many of those actually spend any money on the club though?

Another way of putting it, we would need 1,750 people to put in £1m. Green and gold couldn’t get anything together. Honestly, if I had the money, I wouldn’t put money into the club. I might buy a share for a tenner, but that’s about it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The Glazers have spent the money so it’s Ed’s fault as he hires the managers and recruits the players hence why I said no excuse as if they continue to spend the money and get people in the right positions we should be challenging
I don't think he would be recruiting the players now we have DoF and manager who will most likely stay.

So I guess your point we have no excuse to challenge because it was Woodward fault we spent poorly. Fair enough. At least we spent the money though.

432JuanMata

Allegedly. How many of those actually spend any money on the club though?

Another way of putting it, we would need 1,750 people to put in £1m. Green and gold couldn’t get anything together. Honestly, if I had the money, I wouldn’t put money into the club. I might buy a share for a tenner, but that’s about it.
We have over 56,000 followers that happen to be multi millionaires worldwide I remember reading 2 years ago.

When most United fans wanted the Glazer’s gone a few years ago there was fans that were willing to buy the club between them and that’s was just rich people that are fans so they would easy to make 1.75b

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
"we have listened carefully. to ... our fans, the uk government .." Now listen a bit more carefully, and pack your bags.

VivaRonaldo85

I think they’ll leave off the back of this. This was their big moment and it has completely backfired. They’ve even lost their puppet tonight too. Hope this is the beginning of the end for them.

Tarrou

they put him in the job and kept him there because he was doing a great job (for them)

Woodward was never the main problem and still isn't

I'm glad he's gone and think the chance of a sale is much higher, but if they intend to stay feckall will change

another corporate bootlicker will be put in his place and it will be business as usual

We have over 56,000 followers that happen to be multi millionaires worldwide I remember reading 2 years ago.

When most United fans wanted the Glazer’s gone a few years ago there was fans that were willing to buy the club between them and that’s was just rich people that are fans so they would easy to make 1.75b
I find that surprising (56k), but you also need to have a lot more than a couple of mil, to invest £1m into a club. My recollection was that we had the “red knights”, and they failed miserably to get any sort of significant funds. That’s just from memory though, so prepared to be wrong.