Nuñez clapping the ref after getting booked

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Should have given him the Drogba treatment.
Aye, maybe in April. Probably his last chance to do so. Erik subs him on for the last 2 minutes to protect a lead and he goes and smashes him in their own half as the ref blows the final whistle.

LDUred

He's just a coward. He had the same chance to make an example of Salah but he bottled it, ditto Nuñez. He didn't have the balls. Then he tries to be the big man with Dalot because it's an easy target and he needed to feel tough after being in Liverpool's pocket all game.

He's also mindful of that donkey-toothed grinning weirdo for a manager that Liverpool have prowling his technical area and doesn't want to disappoint him.

Klopp has got inside the head of most Premier League officials. It's no wonder that a weak referee like Michael Oliver is such a homer.

We did get lucky with the Shaw incident, though. By the letter of the law, it wasn't a penalty, but Luke was kind of complicit in handling. He had time to withdraw his arm and he let the ball hit him as it bobbled around he looked very clumsy. You've seen them given, but it's unclear whether simply having your hand down is enough to get away with it. Admittedly, Oliver played no part in the decision, but we were still fortunate with the officiating there.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Referees are required to be subjective, to look at Dalots reaction subjectively and concluded that it was dissent and not merely a player reacting to a wrong decision is insane, yes he was overzealous, but if you factor in the magnitude of the game and the pressure the player was under at that moment its hardly anything.
If it was just his subjective decisions that went against us, I’d reluctantly accept it.

But kicking the ball away… that’s not even subjective. Nunez did it and Salah did it. Neither booked.

No idea how Carragher said post game he’s the best ref we’ve got (though that’s hardly an achievement given the pile of sh!te that PL refs are). People have said Oliver makes it all about himself for years… because he does.

He‘s a jumped up nob with a Napoleon complex, and a biased one at that. Howard Webb needs sacking because he’s clearly not doing anything about these refs.

humdinger

I look forward to that twat ref on sky sports justifying the decision and explaining to us that Dalot deserved his red but Nunez was fine.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When Nunez does it, refs think of it as a gesture of appreciation for a job well done.
When Casemiro does it, refs think he's insulting their mothers in Portugese.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I look forward to that twat ref on sky sports justifying the decision and explaining to us that Dalot deserved his red but Nunez was fine.
Oh, don't worry. They won't even bring up the Nunez or Salah incidents.

justsomebloke

He's just a coward. He had the same chance to make an example of Salah but he bottled it, ditto Nuñez. He didn't have the balls. Then he tries to be the big man with Dalot because it's an easy target and he needed to feel tough after being in Liverpool's pocket all game.

He's also mindful of that donkey-toothed grinning weirdo for a manager that Liverpool have prowling his technical area and doesn't want to disappoint him.

Klopp has got inside the head of most Premier League officials. It's no wonder that a weak referee like Michael Oliver is such a homer.

We did get lucky with the Shaw incident, though. By the letter of the law, it wasn't a penalty, but Luke was kind of complicit in handling. He had time to withdraw his arm and he let the ball hit him as it bobbled around he looked very clumsy. You've seen them given, but it's unclear whether simply having your hand down is enough to get away with it. Admittedly, Oliver played no part in the decision, but we were still fortunate with the officiating there.
It looked to me like the ball hit him in the leg before bouncing into his arm. If so, that's not a hands, and it won't have mattered what he did with his arm.

ForFuchsSake

Nunez is so fortunate he gets grouped in with Liverpool’s other impressive forwards so the media line is ‘Liverpool have such an impressive set of forwards’ and he doesn’t get marginalised.

The reality is, he’s a donkey 95% of the time and capable of the spectacular 5%. He detracts so much from their forward line, especially when you compare it to when they had Firmino. He has been a flop but so little is made of it.

Last edited:

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
We got lucky with the Shaw incident even though it's not a penalty? Now that's a funny summary.

It's a cross coming in with a lot of pace, just in front of Shaw there's two players going for the header that just miss it, the ball goes into ground just in front of Shaw and bounces up into his arm that isn't really extended far away from his body. Not entirely sure why you think Shaw had time to withdraw his arm or that the ball bobbled around. The cross is whipped in at 84:27, two seconds later it connects with Shaws arm. You also have to factor in that you are constantly reacting to things happening in front of you, Konate goes up for the header and barely misses it, Shaws response time is between reacting to Konate just missing the ball and the ball hitting his arm, essentially feck all. No idea why we're pretending that Shaw had time to react.

It would've been a bonkers decision to award a penalty there.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
maybe this is a conversation that i am missing but is this guy turning out to be a massive donkey ? I dont watch much Liverpool but he seems to be one of those that will score the occasional worldie but cannot do the basics. ( just to be clear i mean Nunez, not Michael Oliver)

Remember the geese

maybe this is a conversation that i am missing but is this guy turning out to be a massive donkey ? I dont watch much Liverpool but he seems to be one of those that will score the occasional worldie but cannot do the basics.
Yes he is, but we are supposed to pretend that he has come good and that he is a huge contributor to 'the best attack in the league' and that it doesn't live and die by Salah.

Mike Smalling

maybe this is a conversation that i am missing but is this guy turning out to be a massive donkey ? I dont watch much Liverpool but he seems to be one of those that will score the occasional worldie but cannot do the basics. ( just to be clear i mean Nunez, not Michael Oliver)
Less of a donkey now, than in his first months at the club. He still doesn't look like a natural finisher, but he has great physical attributes and can definitely hurt teams. I think Liverpool overpaid for what they got, but he's not nearly as hopeless as some on this forum would like him to be.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Less of a donkey now, than in his first months at the club. He still doesn't look like a natural finisher, but he has great physical attributes and can definitely hurt teams. I think Liverpool overpaid for what they got, but he's not nearly as hopeless as some on this forum would like him to be.
Yes he is, but we are supposed to pretend that he has come good and that he is a huge contributor to 'the best attack in the league' and that it doesn't live and die by Salah.
Thanks, I wonder though if he had signed for Utd and performed the same would the media be thrashing him on a daily basis.

Robbie Boy

Exactly. Both Diaz and Nunez are very average players imo. Diaz has 3 league goals this season and Nunez has 4. Meanwhile, Salah has 11. Salah is actually masking what is a very average team that haven't played particularly great this season. Long gone are the days of peak Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I just find the booking people for clapping or getting frustrated at a decision so childish and petty.

I get it if a player kicks a ball away or literally calls the ref a cnut or something... But booking a player because he waves his arms a bit aggressively, or claps, or disagrees with your decision? Grow up.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Why didn't he get a second yellow for dissent? Yet Dalot gets a soft red for the same thing. That's the question Ten Hag needs to ask in the post match interviews.
Oliver is likely corrupt given the UAE/Saudi funds he's received to officiate Sunday league level games.

Also that booking Dalot won't make his day harder. Anfield will cheer and press won't care.

Heaven forbid he booked Nunez, he'd be abused by the crowd. A second yellow for dissent for a Liverpool player would also be discussed by the press for weeks. Look at the furore over an incorrect offside decision for them against Spurs.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He started waving imaginary cards after the clap too, which I'm not sure what for. Calling Evans a diver, perhaps? Either way, it's enough infractions there to get sent off twice.

Remember the geese

Exactly. Both Diaz and Nunez are very average players imo. Diaz has 3 league goals this season and Nunez has 4. Meanwhile, Salah has 11. Salah is actually masking what is a very average team that haven't played particularly great this season. Long gone are the days of peak Mane, Salah and Firmino.
All true. It's amazing they find themselves as high in the table as they are.