6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindhunter

Why did we bother extending his contract?
So that we don't have to play Greenwood as a number 9 if Martial gets injured. He is here temporarily so why do we need to give him opportunities? He is a backup and will only play when our main striker is absent.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole should have taken Rashford off a long time before he did. Martial can play from the left very well too.
Agree but should have been for Mata, Chong or possibly even Lingard but not Ighalo. Martial is the one form player we have, should be playing to his absolute strengths instead of shifting him out wide and bringing on a far inferior CF.

Matriac

It made sense to keep "senior" players with nervy experience on for the end of this. Bringing on James or Chong for Rashford could have been a risk. Even if Rashford was dead stamina wise it made sense to keep him on over Greenwood.

If we had turned any of our 26 chances into another goal I'm certain we would have broughy Ighalo on for Martial. He's much better at controlling games in than to be expected to bring magical moments.

SAFMUTD

For all the hype there was around him and Ole being interested in extending his loan I would have though he'll be given more minutes by now. I almost forgot about him it seems Ole doesnt trust him.

jem

For all the hype there was around him and Ole being interested in extending his loan I would have though he'll be given more minutes by now. I almost forgot about him it seems Ole doesnt trust him.
I don't think it has anything to do with not trusting him. Martial has been excellent lately, so there really hasn't been much need to bring Ighalo on.

SAFMUTD

I don't think it has anything to do with not trusting him. Martial has been excellent lately, so there really hasn't been much need to bring Ighalo on.
Maybe youre right, Martial has been great and that has definately taken minutes from him.

Sevilla 2:1 Man Utd

el3mel

Why did we extend his loan ? Should have just let him go and play elsewhere if we don't even rate him to be more than 92 minute sub.

Bojan11

Get a striker, if Ole doesn’t fancy bringing him on. What’s the point of this loan?

criticalanalysis

Like Fred, who at least started tonight has been criminally under used post lockdown.

Greenwood played well but he should have been taken off to have Ighalo up front with Rashford (who was atricious but what we needed physically) and Martial flanking.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Purely as injury-cover I guess.
Yep and to play in the lesser games, I totally get why Ole doesn't turn to him to come on when we're chasing games as the likelihood is those that are already on the pitch are more likely to get a goal than Ighalo

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Ole goes a great length to secure him until January then barely plays him.
Strange.

In a game where the ball just won't go in you have to go with your big striker to get a flick, hold a defender off or score a header. 20 minutes is what he should have got.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we're not going to bring him on in a game like tonight then we need to send him packing

When your forwards aren't scoring you need someone in the bench you can rely on to maybe get that goal. Ole should know this better then anyone.

predator

Youth NITK
To bring him on in the 93rd minute was just baffling. We couldn't finish our chances all game without him so why not just give him 15-20 mins to see if he can?

Ole may be seeing something in training that I can't but honestly what a strange way to use a player who has shown us glimpses of what he can do (score).

Tony247

Ighalo is 9 who needs proper 10 behind him. He has been good each time he plays with bruno. Baffling why Ole didn't bring him on early and then in other matches when he played him he didn't play bruno and poga. Can't explain what's going on between two. All seemed fine not long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.