Odion Ighalo: Born with Desire by JTG Productions

ThinkTank@Cafe

A quintessence of Ole’s transfer policy:

Value and Desire, NOT Name and Price.

Forgotten in Europe, he was doing very well for
Nigeria. More to it, he was a quality Premier League level striker for Watford. Most importantly, playing for United is his dream.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Most positive surprise of the season. So little time, but already a serious impact.

Superb vid.

Dante

Average bang
Fergie only ever bought two ready-made world class players: Veron and van Persie.

Everyone else in his 26 years as manager was either brought through the academy or developed from a pre-world class level.

The transfer policy of LvG and Mourinho was completely the wrong way of doing things. Thank god for Ole for bringing a bit of sanity back to our squad building.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm happy for him and am delighted with the job he's done (did?:() for us this season. I must say the cynic in me prefers to see such videos for somebody who's proven themselves over a longer time and/or played a part in big wins for this club, but it's a nice video and a story worth telling in of itself, so fair enough.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Fergie only ever bought two ready-made world class players: Veron and van Persie.

Everyone else in his 26 years as manager was either brought through the academy or developed from a pre-world class level.

The transfer policy of LvG and Mourinho was completely the wrong way of doing things. Thank god for Ole for bringing a bit of sanity back to our squad building.
Ehh, Cantona, Schmikes and Keane were arguably world class when we signed them.

But the major difference between the signings is that LVG and Jose's signings basically coasted and thought they've made it once they signed for us when I'm reality, that's when the hardest part of the job should begin.

We've kept too many underperforming players for far too long.

Dante

Average bang

But the major difference between the signings is that LVG and Jose's signings basically coasted and thought they've made it once they signed for us when I'm reality, that's when the hardest part of the job should begin.

We've kept too many underperforming players for far too long.
None of them were world class when we bought them.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Cantona in 1992 - not nominated for Ballon d'Or. Transfers to United. Cantona in 1993 - 3rd place on the list.
Schmeichel in 1991 - not nominated for Ballon d'Or. Transfers to United. Schmeichel in 1992 - 5th on the list.
Keane's first appearance on Ballon d'Or lists would come as late as in 1999.

You can argue that Cantona and Schmeichel had world-class ability before they joined the club, and simply needed the right environment — it's impossible to make a step this big if you don't have it in you in the first place. But they were not considered world-class before they came to United.

Keane was a bit different, as he was one of the biggest talents in the world at the time of a transfer, hence the British transfer record. But still, he wasn't world class yet.