Odisseas Vlachodimos

Castia

Benfica‘s first choice keeper it seems?

I won’t pretend to know much about him but seems like he’s Greece‘ number 1 as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We had two keepers on the bench yesterday. Can’t we pour whatever time and money we have into a midfielder and striker?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I won’t pretend to know much about him but seems like he’s Greece‘ number 1 as well.
He's horrendous, Benfica fans are desperate to get rid of him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We were linked with him previously. We do this a lot. Shortlist a player and come back to them

Zoo

Does this mean we can use Andre Onana in midfield?

Dannn411

Do not understand this at all. We are short on funds and are desperate for midfielders and yet we want to commit money to a back-up keeper who won't play more than 5 games max all season when we had a perfectly capable back-up in Kovar who came through our youth system and did very well on loan and currently have Tom Heaton who is a more than capable back-up himself given his PL experience. Given the reckless way we have used money, I'm beginning to question these transfer decisions more and more.

How many games did our back-up goalkeepers play last season? From my check, 4 games in total across 4 competitions and all 4 were in the early rounds of the Carabao cup. This does not make any sense to me I'm sorry.

Mr.Plow

Him being No 1 for Greece doesn't say much, we suck. Though I have to say, he's the least of our problems. Always seemed like a pretty good keeper.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why would we not just keep Kovar?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's decent. Nothing special but would be a good backup IMO. Depends on the price really whether this is a good move but he's no worse than that Spurs keeper IMO, perfectly fine as a backup.

Cassidy

I think he's decent. Nothing special but would be a good backup IMO. Depends on the price really whether this is a good move but he's no worse than that Spurs keeper IMO, perfectly fine as a backup.
Is he good at sweeping and playing out from the back? Because if he isn’t then hes pointless

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is he good at sweeping and playing out from the back? Because if he isn’t then hes pointless
From what I've seen he's fine yes. Benfica aren't exactly a hoofball team and he's always looked ok. Solid 6/10 at Champions League level keeper.

Cassidy

From what I've seen he's fine yes. Benfica aren't exactly a hoofball team and he's always looked ok. Solid 6/10 at Champions League level keeper.
Fair play then. Can’t complain

Conor

Who gives a flying feck about backup players at the moment.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Heaton who is injured.
He’s back either this week or next.
We clearly need 3 first team goalkeepers - like every other team. Why would getting a backup keeper impact other signings? This lad wasn’t even in their squad last game.
If he’s a free transfer I don’t have a problem with it - just so long as it doesn’t stop us moving for other players.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Isn't that the levitating spell from Harry Potter?

manutddjw

If we’re looking for a backup wouldn’t life just be easier bringing De Gea back? There’s no transfer fee and I’d imagine we’d get him on a small contract because he would know as well as anyone our backups maybe get 3-4 games a season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a scout report on the player from 2018. It seems he was highly rated then and was described to have a well rounded skillset as the quotes below suggest.

https://www.soccersouls.com/who-is-...astle-and-man-united-the-next-big-talent/amp/

Style of play
"Standing at 6ft 3in, Vlachodimos is a tall, strong and a commanding presence in goal with fantastic shot-stopping abilities and intelligent positioning that simply belies his age.

Due to his towering frame, the 24-year-old is never afraid to get out of the box and punch during set-pieces. His reflexes are very quick as well and he is adept at making close-range saves."

"The German is brilliant with his decision-making, is an accurate distributor of the ball and can help his team convert draws into wins and losses into draws."