OFFICIAL: Ibrahimovic leaves Man Utd | Club confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just saw BBC reporting it on TV.
Not on the Internet yet though which is weird?

Hawks2008

Sad to see one of the greats of his generation bow out of European football in such an unceremonious fashion. Goodbye Zlatan, thanks for everything.

stu_1992

Thanks for the season and bringing a bit of character to the club. Wish we got him a few years earlier, and had a few more players with his attitude.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
May sound harsh to say it but it a good thing he got injured again.

Fitting him into a side at the expense of Lukaku in some way - who at this point is superior in almost all facets - would’ve made for seriously tumescent football. More tumescent than it has been, at least.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A real privilege watching him last year. Something you will tell the grandkids about just as much as having seen the Ronaldo season up close. Was here for a good time, not a long time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wonder if he'd of stayed had we still been in the UCL

MUFC OK

Thanks for the memories Zlatan, shame he never got fully fit again this season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I forgot he was still here.

I also just remembered that Blind is still here too, isn't he?

That's cool.

haram

Thanks for last year. Atleast he won 2 trophies here.

Does he get an FA Cup medal if we win it?

Minimalist

Some good performances and important goals last season.

Wish him well.

extincti fugax hominum

All the best to Ibracadabra. A real character all teams need. Probably the scorer of the most spectacular goals in the modern era. Should have signed him way earlier than we did but better late than never i suppose.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The biggest shame in all of this is that he didn't represent the club earlier in his career. He would have been the perfect personality and player to bring into the squad the summer that both Tevez and Ronaldo left.

But hindsight is 20/20. Can only wish him the best for the future and the great memories he gave us last season. Quality player who proved he could more than hack it in the EPL during his brief stay here.

RMD83

It was a pleasure to have him in the premier league if only really for only one season. It would have been a pleasure had he played for another English club but an honour that he came to united. Proved to all the doubters who suggested that he would struggle in the PL that they were wrong even in his mid 30’s. The contract extension has been a disastrous waste of money but that’s life, the club gambled on him making a fully fit comeback for the last half of the season and it didn’t pan out like that.

lammybam

Good luck to him. As others have said, shame he didn't come to us 10 years ago but still sad to see such a down to earth and humble guy leave.......oh hang on

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
On a more personal level, I managed to get United to win the League and CL in 2018-19 with him in FM17, before he retired that summer after having won everything in England and Europe over the past three years. He was great for 16-17, still reliable for 17-18, but aged startlingly in 18-19 much like in real life this season.

(Maybe that's why I'm more patient with Mourinho. It took me three years on the game despite us both winning silverware in our first two seasons!)

I'll miss Zlatan. Shame he is not going to get a chance to sign off properly at Old Trafford.

RedDevil@84

Thank you Zlatan for the memories, goals and the cup. Wish it would have lasted for another season. I had so much hope when you signed an extension. Sad that wasn't the case.

redspoony

Had been my favourite non-united player for years, so when we signed him I was made up.

He wasn't the Ibra of old, but even so, look what he did. An absolute pleasure to have watched him in the red.

If he is off, it is the right time to go. Hopefully he'll go and make an impact somewhere else.

Bwuk

His first season was fantastic, and I think his second could of been too if he hadn’t been ruined by injury.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Now watch media turning it into bust up with Jose, Ibra eating alone, Zlatan unhappy at Moneychester United, regrets joining, and wishes he joined Pep because he always loved him. Blah.
Anyway thanks Zlatan and best of luck!

Best for both parties, couldn’t see him getting anywhere near the team, and we can’t afford any more passengers.

Great season last year and exceeded expectations - proving he can play in the PL, having never done so at 35/36 is a phenomenal achievement.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Glad it happened and that we got to see him. He earned his contract this season, with his performances last. I think, in hindsight, it was pretty obvious that he was done as a top class player after that injury.

Cheers for the memories, you wacky bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.