"official" NRL Grand Final thread (Roosters V Panthers)

Jason F

So the Grand final teams are settled, The mighty Sydney Roosters Versus the surprise packet Panthers on Sunday!

Cant go past the Roosters IMO, being a HUGE Rooster fan though im a tad biased!

Anyone going to the game? Iv got my Ticks!

Who are we tipping to win anyway?

Beckham007

Very surprised to see the Penny Panthers knock off my tip for the premiership in the Warriors. But in saying that, its thoroughly deserved that the minor premiers make it to the grand final.

There is no way in the world I will tip or barrack for the scum of the earth from Bondi!

PANTHERS ALL THE WAY !!!!

Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus said,
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS !!!

ROOSTER ROOSTER MAN
ID RATHER JOIN
THE TALIBAN !!

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
There is no way in the world I will tip or barrack for the scum of the earth from Bondi!

PANTHERS ALL THE WAY !!!!

Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS !!!

ROOSTER ROOSTER MAN
ID RATHER JOIN
THE TALIBAN !!
Hmmm the inferiority complex once again shows its ugly head from the long suffering rabbit.
:lol: :lol:

man_utd_4_eva

Jason F said:
Who are we tipping to win anyway?
I'm from Melbourne and im predominantaly an Aussie Rules fan but i do occasionally watch League matches. As ive picked up from the media hype, the Roosters are the favourites. So, being an Aussie, i have to go for the underdog. Go Penrith :devil:

mjdj

Wibble said:
Can't stand the game but since they are my local team:-

Go Penrith
penrith boy eh? go the mighty emu plains soccer club :devil:

i grew up in penrith, dont like em much but will have to support them on sunday against the cafe latte roosters :D

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
mjdj said:
penrith boy eh? go the mighty emu plains soccer club :devil:

i grew up in penrith, dont like em much but will have to support them on sunday against the cafe latte roosters :D
I wouldn't go as far as to say that I was a Penrith boy but close enough. I live 25 mins up the hill and my son's childcare is 5 mins from the ground. Having just moved from Townsville it is a novelty having a RL side who can actually win occasionally.

mjdj

sunday wibble.

becks007 do you realise you sound like a scouser when you say 20-12. and quite frankly the circumstances are almost the same...

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
Forever in our shadowns.....20-12 !

No complex here, just cold hard facts !

:D
Only as good as your last season, no point clinging to past glories my friend, especially ones that were as long ago as Souths. Have to agree with mjdj too.

The only shadows that we are in will be from the lights of Telstra stadium shining down on us on Grand Final night.

Beckham007

No its quite different actually.

The Roosters best players is a SOUTHS JNR.
Their outside centre is a SOUTHS JNR.
Walkout went to them mid year.

We have many reasons to hate them.

Just because they have 2 good years in 100 doesnt make them any special, they will always be the transit lounge.

And please dont compare Liverscum to us.

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
No its quite different actually.

The Roosters best players is a SOUTHS JNR.
Their outside centre is a SOUTHS JNR.
Walkout went to them mid year.

We have many reasons to hate them.

Just because they have 2 good years in 100 doesnt make them any special, they will always be the transit lounge.

And please dont compare Liverscum to us.
IM afraid your mistaken, Brad Fittler is actually a Penrith junior not a souths one, Ricketson is a Roosters junior, Morley is English and Cross is a union convert!

As for Walker well he is a Queenslander who decided he would rather play for peanuts than for your disorganised useless rabble you call a football team.

2 good years you reckon? maybe your forgetting our other titles? And have Souths ever been World Champions? hmmmmm.

As for comparing you to LIverpoo, your right that isnt fair, no one deserves that!

Beckham007

Jason F said:
IM afraid your mistaken, Brad Fittler is actually a Penrith junior not a souths one, Ricketson is a Roosters junior, Morley is English and Cross is a union convert!

As for Walker well he is a Queenslander who decided he would rather play for peanuts than for your disorganised useless rabble you call a football team.

2 good years you reckon? maybe your forgetting our other titles? And have Souths ever been World Champions? hmmmmm.

As for comparing you to LIverpoo, your right that isnt fair, no one deserves that!

Your best player is CRAIG WING ! No questions if you have any idea about footy. Forget all that Fittler bollocks. No Craig Wing and the Roosters would not have got this far.

Other titles? A plastic title vs some shite pommy team ? Yeh clap clap.

Both made in 1908....

20-12.
Forever in our shadows.

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
Your best player is CRAIG WING ! No questions if you have any idea about footy. Forget all that Fittler bollocks. No Craig Wing and the Roosters would not have got this far.

Other titles? A plastic title vs some shite pommy team ? Yeh clap clap.

Both made in 1908....

20-12.
Forever in our shadows.
Any idea about footy you say? :lol: :lol: any idiot who knows about footy will tell you Fittler is the Roosters best player! Fittler is the lifeblood of the side!

Wing, sure he is good, best hooker in Australia IMO but Brad Fittler he is not. He is fast and a good runner, he doesnt have the all round talent of Fittler, the leadership, the passing, the vision, the kicking the whole shebang.

The Roosters would have survived just as well without Wing, can the same be said of Fittler? hell no.

Both made in 1908, except you lot were kicked out for being shite for 2 years or whatever it was.

20-12? whatever gets you through the night mate and the way you lot are going your gonna be awhile before that gets increased on your half. Anyone knows that Souths are a poor excuse for a footy side and there aint no sign of that changing anytime soon, it is clear that are only jealous of the local rivals achievements.

20-12? If we apply the same situation to the English league is United forever in Liverpools shadow? Times change, the past means NOTHING, it is only the present that matters,

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha

Beckham007

Jason F said:
Any idea about footy you say? :lol: :lol: any idiot who knows about footy will tell you Fittler is the Roosters best player! Fittler is the lifeblood of the side!

Wing, sure he is good, best hooker in Australia IMO but Brad Fittler he is not. He is fast and a good runner, he doesnt have the all round talent of Fittler, the leadership, the passing, the vision, the kicking the whole shebang.

The Roosters would have survived just as well without Wing, can the same be said of Fittler? hell no.

Both made in 1908, except you lot were kicked out for being shite for 2 years or whatever it was.

20-12? whatever gets you through the night mate and the way you lot are going your gonna be awhile before that gets increased on your half. Anyone knows that Souths are a poor excuse for a footy side and there aint no sign of that changing anytime soon, it is clear that are only jealous of the local rivals achievements.

20-12? If we apply the same situation to the English league is United forever in Liverpools shadow? Times change, the past means NOTHING, it is only the present that matters,

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha
I can tell you all hate the Roosters....so do I - Bryan Fletcher, SSDRLFC 2003.

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
I can tell you all hate the Roosters....so do I - Bryan Fletcher, SSDRLFC 2003.
The reply of a man with nothing worthwhile to say.

Have to agree with Wolfie, Bunnies for last place, aint no two ways about it.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Penrith win again :)

I wonder if they are going to feck it up like the last time they won the Grand Final. I hope not.

Beckham007

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMORE
YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMOREEEEE
YOUR NOT SINGING
YOUR NOT SINGING
YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GO U PENNY PANTHERS.
WELL DONE ON BEATING THE SCUM OF THE EARTH !!!!!

Jason F

What can I say.....

We were very very ordinary, Mini had the worst game of the year, Bryne was crap, Walker was tragic... just wasnt our night.

The Panthers deserved to win last night although I do not for one minute believe they deserve the title of champions. No disrespect or anything but they are just not that good, il be stunned if they even threaten next year.

Next year Roosters to regain our rightful trophy and Souths to win, well a game, maybe. :rolleyes:

Beckham007

Jason F said:
What can I say.....

The Panthers deserved to win last night although I do not for one minute believe they deserve the title of champions. No disrespect or anything but they are just not that good, il be stunned if they even threaten next year.
...and that is why the Roosters are the most hated team on the planet.
Arrogant feckers.

They were minor premiers and beat you in the GF and they arent deserved winners?
What a load of bollocks !

8 years behind..... :D

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
...and that is why the Roosters are the most hated team on the planet.
Arrogant feckers.
Most hated team? your having a laugh arent you??

Surely you are forgetting Brisbane, Manly and the Bulldogs? and heres a true story, I know of more people who hate Souths than the Roosters because of the way the club is run like a joke and all there fans came out of the woodwork when they got kicked out and then all pissed off when they started getting hammered.

Another fact, the only people who hate the Roosters are usually Souths supporters, as you may expect being local rivals. Sure we arent the most popular team, but the most hated? come on.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Jason F said:
What can I say.....

We were very very ordinary, Mini had the worst game of the year, Bryne was crap, Walker was tragic... just wasnt our night.

Next year Roosters to regain our rightful trophy and Souths to win, well a game, maybe. :rolleyes:
I am a neutral really (unless The Cowboys ever get to a final :rolleyes: ) and I don't really like Rugby much either but after watching the final I think you don't give the Panthers enough credit for stopping you playing your game and imposing themselves in dreadful conditions. Assuming history doesn't repeat itself I expect Penrith to be a force agin next year.

ellie brown

the east is red
Amazing game in the end, up there with the state of origin, spesh the first 30 mins! :eek: knew they couldn't keep that up! Great to see the mountain men get up after so many years, if it couldn't be us, they were the next best thing :cool:

All anyone can do now is look forward to next year, I just wish the warriors could win one for Stacy jones' sake... :)

ellie brown

the east is red
Beckham007 said:
Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS
WE HATE ROOSTERS !!!

ROOSTER ROOSTER MAN
ID RATHER JOIN
THE TALIBAN !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beckham007

Jason F said:
Most hated team? your having a laugh arent you??

Surely you are forgetting Brisbane, Manly and the Bulldogs? and heres a true story, I know of more people who hate Souths than the Roosters because of the way the club is run like a joke and all there fans came out of the woodwork when they got kicked out and then all pissed off when they started getting hammered.

Another fact, the only people who hate the Roosters are usually Souths supporters, as you may expect being local rivals. Sure we arent the most popular team, but the most hated? come on.
Nobody hates Brisbane like before because quite frnakly they havent done or said much lately.....
The Bulldogs were disliked for the salary cap issue but thats dying down.
The Roosters are the new Manly because Manly is showing just how small a team they are.

YES you are the most hated. Most GF's some Aussies go for the faviourite. This time everybody who wasnt a Rooster fan (if there is such a thing), went for the Penny Panthers.

You are the new Manly and will always be the transit lounge.

Jason F

Beckham007 said:
Nobody hates Brisbane like before because quite frnakly they havent done or said much lately.....
The Bulldogs were disliked for the salary cap issue but thats dying down.
The Roosters are the new Manly because Manly is showing just how small a team they are.

YES you are the most hated. Most GF's some Aussies go for the faviourite. This time everybody who wasnt a Rooster fan (if there is such a thing), went for the Penny Panthers.

You are the new Manly and will always be the transit lounge.
No one hates Brisbane? :lol: The only reason dislike for Brisbane has died down is because they are shite now!

Dislike for the Bulldogs dying down? :lol: Dont you read the papers? The Bulldogs are still the most disliked team in the NRL IMO.

Im not surprised everyone was going for the Panthers, Geez I would have been as well if they were up against anyone else! Who wouldnt want to see them finish off the season with a bang!

Where the hell do you even get this apparent Transit lounge from? Anyway if anyone deserves that title surely it is Souths, how much did you pay Chris Walker for how long until he decided he wanted to play for a real club?

How many players have you released for next year and how many have you signed for next year? Think before you speak.