Oh, to be in Bangladesh...

arnie sidebottom

England have been motoring along at one and a half an over this afternoon. Must be scintillating to watch.

263-6 - leading by 50 odd. Thorpe's got his 50 and still going.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They are (or we are?) making us look very, very average.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
England discovered to be average. What a shocker.

Or at least average in comparison to world cricket powers like Bangladesh.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wibble said:
England discovered to be average. What a shocker.

Or at least average in comparison to world cricket powers like Bangladesh.
Not just average Wibble, but very, very average.

Considering we just managed to win a test against the Jaapies you'd have thought this was just what England needed to register a few crushing victories and gain a bit of confidence (yes, I believe that evn beating Bangladesh would instill some confidence in our players), but ooooooh no, we can't even do that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Result never in doubt? Not now it isn't ;)

Poncey bloody sport anyway.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
arnie sidebottom said:
Result never in doubt.
it wasn't to be fair. there's nothing written in stone that the youngest Test nation can't improve from game to game but a good 7 wicket victory was an expected win.

our bowling did slip a bit what with Freddy and Jimmy back home but a vicious performance from Hoggard and Harmison is encouraging.

not to mention Vaughan's 81 not out. maybe the albatross has finally "fallen like lead into the sea" :D

arnie sidebottom

I remember when Sri Lanka were an 'emerging cricketing nation' though in fairness they always had world class batsmen - no bowlers untill Murali and Vaas showed up.

fjred

We should get a better indication of ourselves in the Windies tour. I was optimistic before the South Africans came and was a little disappointed with the result. These Sub-continent visits are always a bit odd and never seem to act in true world positions. As long as we don't disgrace ourselves completely, it's best to ignore the results.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Snoeker said:
It helps if you're not Australian. Now that Brett Lee :wenger:

True......

The ICC, have been scrutinising bowlers from all nations, apparently, they've already found atleast 21 that straighten their arm....

As for Brett, he deffo, straightens his arm, as did Darren Gough...

arnie sidebottom

That's a bit more like it.

England hold a lead of 467 over Bangladesh after day three of the second Test.

Couple of the newbies have done okay (Johnson, Read). Hard lines nasser on missing out on a ton.

Bangldesh - sure looks like a mess....(name that tune)

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
"Andrew Flintoff, captaining for the day, added a brisk 43 and Ian Blackwell 62 as the batsmen appeared to indulge in an inter-team competition to see who could hit the biggest sixes and then get out in the most attacking fashion."

:lol:

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
my god i had the scariest dream last night. i dreamt that Freddy was riding a motorcycle thru the streets of Bangladesh but he crashed and rolled down an embankment. he wasn't hurt but then these local kids came along and beat him to death! :eek: :(

i dreamt that i was hearing it on the news "The cricket world is in shock this morning..." :nervous:

True White

"If there was any justice, my face would be o
GiggsysGirl said:
my god i had the scariest dream last night. i dreamt that Freddy was riding a motorcycle thru the streets of Bangladesh but he crashed and rolled down an embankment. he wasn't hurt but then these local kids came along and beat him to death! :eek: :(

i dreamt that i was hearing it on the news "The cricket world is in shock this morning..." :nervous:
You need to stop taking those pills! :lol: