Old Trafford naming rights...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Are they going to do anything to the stadium anyway? It needs upgrading as it is starting to look seriously jaded. Also if they want people to come and watch United, provide better safer facilities for them. I would not want to be in that stadium if a fire on something happened, not with the amount of people crammed in such narrow seating. Maybe they are not bothered if anyone goes or not if it is on TV? God knows what is in their minds.
No clue, they really do need to though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely the naming rights of the worlds largest footballing brand would amount to more than £17 million. Given the chance to work his magic, Woody could raise a good £25 million a year for a period of 15 years. Wild estimation I admit.

Or am I being overly optimistic?
If I remember correctly the board estimated the potential value at £20m per year and ruled it out on the basis that it would reignite fan unrest.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
No.
Just No.
No No No No No.

Anyways, jokes asides, if the financial condition of the club was bad, nearing bankruptcy it would have been one thing.
But we are in a fairly healthy state, so this would be not only be desperate but also be not necessary and kinda greedy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@Rado_N

Fair enough.

Moot point either way as even the Glazers wouldn't stupid enough to go as far as selling our name for a few measly coins.

The green 'n gold scarves would be whipped out faster than it would take to write the cheque.

Oscie

Fair enough.

Moot point either way as even the Glazers wouldn't stupid enough to go as far as selling our name for a few measly coins.

The green 'n gold scarves would be whipped out faster than it would take to write the cheque.

And also there'd be consequences that mattered too. Any sponsor would be throwing money down the drain.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
If we'd listened to the doom-mongers a decade ago we'd be the Stretford Buccaneers playing in blue @ The Ken**cky Fried Chicken Stadium by now, so why not ?

But seriously, no, it doesn't work with traditional stadiums anyway, new builds yes, and I hope i'm long in the ground before the club ever considers moving away from Old Trafford, and even then i'll come back and haunt whoever decides that's the way forward for United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is a repeated comment, but if we want to be super undignified we can crowdsource a transfer kitty for Jose from our 200m fanbase (or whatever it's "supposed" to be). Or sell a United ribbon, or do a lottery. There are a million other ways to milk cash than to name Old Trafford something horrid. I'd also stay clear of having shit logos on the sleeve.

Are there any stipulations in the "companies" books that says an x amount of gross profit goes to pay for the playing staff? That would help. Then we can all applaud the next official peanut butter deal.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
No.

However, for the right price, I would consider allowing Adidas to change their name to Old Trafford instead.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We could always go with little thesis @Successful wrote up, a while back, then, we could compete with City.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What if it still maintained Old Trafford in its name?

Something like the Old Trafford Pizza Hut, or Walt Disney’s Old trafford stadium of Wonder.

What about Apple Old Trafford? Style but to the point.

;)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Unless it was an absurd amount like a billion pounds, that would enable the whole ground to be extended and upgraded, then feck no.

Trizy

Red Bull United

1 billion a year.

Sign all the players.

Alanxyz

It would be interesting to know just how much it would be worth, especially as it would undoubtedly still be known as Old Trafford. It’s nearly 25 years since The Stretford End ceased to exist, officially becoming The West Stand, but who the hell knows it as that, it is, and always will be, The Stretford End.