Ole and playing injured/unfit players

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What is with this culture Ole has seemingly created where our players are either expect to play injured, or rush-back from injuries? Surely it can't be healthy way to do things.

Maguire today was laughably not match fit, McTominay looked half baked when he returned earlier this season. Rashford was made to play injured last season, and I'm sure there's been more examples.

Is this just another lame stick to beat Ole with? Or is it a genuine issue? To me a half-fit/injured player is never going to be as useful as a fully fit one. We also have this issue of him running players into the ground/not resting players when it's opportune to do so, but that might be a different matter.

Smores

I said before that i can only assume the players themselves dictate if they're ready to play. That was clear with Rashford.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I said before that i can only assume the players themselves dictate if they're ready to play. That was clear with Rashford.
But how much is that the players dictating it and how much is Ole putting pressure on them to play?

It's clear now that there is a definite "play through pain" culture at the club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The worst aspect of his management to date. Worse than the no plan.

led_scholes

He trusts certain players. He would prefer to play a one leg Bruno than VDB.

It reminds of Moyes when he put RVP against Newcastle (?) and he defended himself by saying that if he hadn't used him people would criticize him.

Ludens the Red

What is with this culture Ole has seemingly created where our players are either expect to play injured, or rush-back from injuries? Surely it can't be healthy way to do things.

Maguire today was laughably not match fit, McTominay looked half baked when he returned earlier this season. Rashford was made to play injured last season, and I'm sure there's been more examples.

Is this just another lame stick to beat Ole with? Or is it a genuine issue? To me a half-fit/injured player is never going to be as useful as a fully fit one. We also have this issue of him running players into the ground/not resting players when it's opportune to do so, but that might be a different matter.
I made this thread in January 2020
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-gunnar-solskjær-handling-of-injuries.452837/

Nothing has changed…… more incompetence.

redpatron

absolutely moronic like Mourinho. Complains he has no depth, buys additional players for depth, doesn't use the players when starters are hurt or unavailable. Players are going to get run down in March and reserve players are going to look like bums because they being sitting on their ass all season collecting paychecks. We have squad capable of fielding two EPL starting XIs, use them especially in the early season.

sugar_kane

When I saw Maguire was starting I knew we were fecked, not a chance he was ready to play.

Bailly obviously will be angry but I wonder how Maguire himself feels? The dressing room in general must be questioning his judgement over this.

Nick7

He only trusts 12 or 13 players. He would quite happily choose 11 and play them every minute of every game. Been a thing his whole time here.

redshaw

Well this is Ole and the club isn't it, shit squad so we're rushing back players, playing them until breaking point yet we keep paying/renewing useless squad members, sign poor fitting players we don't want to use.

What then happens is the other players hardly play unthinkable to play them. What the feck are paying Bailly Donny, Jones. Dalot for?