Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a time we went through a shocking period of form last season aswell.

It seems to happen every season.

However, does anyone know if our last seasons poor form was worse or better than the current one?

Do we have more draws this season compared to more losses last season?

Do not disagree or you’ll be called the dreaded “top red”

I'm sorry, but you're reading into things here. It's people who are "Ole in" that have the impression that are better fans.The majority of people who think we should move on from Ole don't think they're better fans. This is all your projection, and it's an argument that you bring into question. For people who are Ole out, it was never about who's the better fan of the club.

However, does anyone know if our last seasons poor form was worse or better than the current one?

At a glance (may be a mistake in there)

After 27 matches last season:
11 wins
8 draws
8 losses
Scored 41
Conceded 29

Compared to now:
14 wins
9 draws
4 losses
Scored 48
Conceded 32

But for most of those matches last season there was no Bruno.

The last 14 games when Bruno had arrived:
9 wins
5 draws
Scored 30
Conceded 7

What are you on about?

My comment could not be misconstrued and made to look like RAWK.

I was Ole in for a long time, and to be honest I still think he could do a good job, my problem is, as is almost always the case, we won't contemplate a change that could take us to the next step when we are doing OK/well. We'll only get another manager when(if) it falls apart, meaning whoever comes in has a job twice as difficult that will take twice as long. City got Pep when they were still very strong, for example.

Yeah you just know that IF Woody has the stones to replace Ole (he doesn't) then by the time it happens any of the decent prospective options will have already agreed to join another club. I liked your earlier post which suggested getting top 4 but getting in a couple of top players and making a change of manager. There is no doubt that he has steadied this ship and also got rid of the main toxic influences in the dressing room too, however just feel that we need someone more progressive to take us on again to the next level.

This idea that we have bottled it is absolute shite. Our best first team players are good and can just about challenge, but the backup players are nowhere near that standard.

In the context of the most congested fixture list in the history of the league.

Our first team players are fatigued not bottlers.

Nb. Although the jury is out on Maguire and our CBs.

Can you specify who those "best first team players" are? I'd only put Bruno, Shaw, Rashford and Pogba in that category. Jury's out on Maguire and the CB's (plus possibly Henderson) for me as well.

I don't think our subs Cavani, VDB, Telles, Bailly, etc are our problem when Fred, Martial, Greenwood, Lindelof get into the first XI consistently. The latter are clearly not Ole's "back up players", and are much more of a weakness than our actual backups, ie subs.

No it won't be interesting. It'll be incredibly disappointing for everybody connected to the club. Try to sound less as though its something you want to happen
It'll be interesting in the sense of if we scrape top 4 (again) does that show signs of progression? For sure the doubts will remain about Ole for another season.

Obviously we still have a few cups we can win and the season is far from over in the PL so let's wait and see how it plays out.

Just fyi Rodgers took over Leicester in 2019, everybody knows their style and how they play, no way do they have a better squad than us, but are likely to finish above us at this rate with a better style of football

Just fyi Rodgers took over Leicester in 2019, everybody knows their style and how they play, no way do they have a better squad than us, but are likely to finish above us at this rate with a better style of football

You have a point, but comparing sqauds and budgets is a moot point, because there will always be "one or two extra player we need" coming up as an argument, and I'm tired of it.

You can give Ole the City squad and budget, and Pep the United squad and budget, and I guarantee you that in 15 months max, Pep will still be 10 points clear of Ole.

I would love to hear about their style.

Lose or draw today and his Premier League win rate for his 2 full time seasons in charge is 48%, incredibly that's the worst since SAF.

Include his honeymoon period and that bumps him up to level with Moyes on 50%.

Shit, I kinda wish I hadn't posted that, I'm gonna regret it aren't I? :nervous:
Klopp, that people love to put in best ever category, this year in Premier League 44% win. Not Moyes level. Not Bielsa level. Not Rodgers level. Not even Smith level.

Can you specify who those "best first team players" are? I'd only put Bruno, Shaw, Rashford and Pogba in that category. Jury's out on Maguire and the CB's (plus possibly Henderson) for me as well.

I don't think our subs Cavani, VDB, Telles, Bailly, etc are our problem when Fred, Martial, Greenwood, Lindelof get into the first XI consistently. The latter are clearly not Ole's "back up players", and are much more of a weakness than our actual backups, ie subs.
Cavanni I would class as our best (and only out and out) striker. He is first team. At 34 and injury prone he cannot player every game.

VDB has not impressed when he has played and mustn't be impressing in training either. You could not rest Bruno and expect VDB to come in and still win the game.

The CBs are not good enough, that's for sure, first team or squad.

Also you are not accounting for our injuries. E.g our previous game. Where our bench was:

• 2Lindelöf
  • 13Grant
  • 19Diallo
  • 21James
  • 27Telles
  • 33Williams
  • 38Tuanzebe
  • 39McTominay
  • 74Shoretire

Really creepy post this.

Seeing as you've been going through my post history I'm sure you've seen me get into debates constantly with long standing members.

Newbie or not, bullshit, agenda driven posting needs to be called out. Exactly what I did to you. I've noticed you a few times now, and I don't think I've ever seen you contribute to a discussion.

Like I said you'll be stuck on your 5 posts a day for a while if that is the sum total of your contribution. Nothing wrong with having a different view, infact this place would be boring if we all agreed, but you seem to struggle interacting with people you disagree with.

Does it? What am I doing that’s different to you then?

The whole point of why we’re in disagreement is because you said newbies have lowered the tone of the forum, other people called you out on this and so did I, I made the point that long time members have constantly made posts far worse than anything I’ve said (none of which you’ve called out) now you’re saying you have called them out which means your point about newbies is incorrect.

I’ve already answered the 5 post thing jokingly in a previous response to you - see here: I’m on 5 posts a day because I’ve been on this forum a month and already have 5 likes, well on the way to becoming a god mode full member like yourself.

The truth is you didn’t like me calling out the OleOuters who post hundreds of messages about how bad Ole is win, lose or draw. I never mentioned average fans who don’t think he’s good enough, that’s their opinion. It all comes down to the fact that you disagree with my point of view on the manager and is exactly the reason why you didn’t call out the “cult members” and “trump supporters” comments from full members for the quality of their posts.

You mention that I struggle to interact with people I disagree with, have you ever looked in the mirror? It’s “creepy” going through your post history, but you’ve never been through mine, you literally started this conversation with me about the quality of my post history. Very strange indeed.

Klopp, that people love to put in best ever category, this year in Premier League 44% win. Not Moyes level. Not Bielsa level. Not Rodgers level. Not even Smith level.

Why are people so eager to bring Klopp into everything, Klopp is a way better manager than Ole, anyone who says otherwise just undermines anything else they say, it’s not even a debate.

Klopp has earned a shit year with the whole winning a Champions League and league wouldn't you say?

Ole hasn't got us to a final yet.

Why are people so eager to bring Klopp into everything, Klopp is a way better manager than Ole, anyone who says otherwise just undermines anything else they say, it’s not even a debate.

There are two sides to the ''but Klopp...'' argument. Another side, the side some pro OGS people don't reference is that at the end of Klopp's 2nd full season, Liverpool were in a Champions League final. At the end of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 2nd full season, United might need to win the Europa League just to be in next season's Champions League.

Because people are bringing everything against Solskjaer. fair points and also some wierd points. So you defend him by using same tactics. It is no different.

Klopp has earned a shit year with the whole winning a Champions League and league wouldn't you say?

Ole hasn't got us to a final yet.
Ofcourse he can have a bad year. I just posted that to point out to poster that stats is not everything without seeing bigger picture.

Because people are bringing everything against Solskjaer. fair points and also some wierd points. So you defend him by using same tactics. It is no different.

Ofcourse he can have a bad year. I just posted that to point out to poster that stats is not everything without seeing bigger picture.

Fair but the bigger picture with Klopp is positive.

The bigger picture with Ole and United is very very questionable.

I'm sorry, but you're reading into things here. It's people who are "Ole in" that have the impression that are better fans.The majority of people who think we should move on from Ole don't think they're better fans. This is all your projection, and it's an argument that you bring into question. For people who are Ole out, it was never about who's the better fan of the club.

You're having a laugh.

This whole thread has become 'Ole outs think they're better fans...No you're wrong Ole ins think they're better fans'

If you want the manager gone you're labelled a plastic by some and if you don't you're labelled a champion of mediocrity by others.

Its become a tedious game of one upmanship whenever the results go the way that backs one 'side' or the other. People got banned for wumming but others just pop up and continue the same type of crap.

Turns out they never should have closed the Ole out thread. This nonsense would have stayed in there.

You have a point, but comparing sqauds and budgets is a moot point, because there will always be "one or two extra player we need" coming up as an argument, and I'm tired of it.

You can give Ole the City squad and budget, and Pep the United squad and budget, and I guarantee you that in 15 months max, Pep will still be 10 points clear of Ole.

You may well be right about that last part. Pep is undoubtedly a genius, but let's not pretend that his entire managerial career hasn't been about getting new players every single time he needs one. He's never had to make do, ever.

At a glance (may be a mistake in there)

After 27 matches last season:
11 wins
8 draws
8 losses
Scored 41
Conceded 29

Compared to now:
14 wins
9 draws
4 losses
Scored 48
Conceded 32

But for most of those matches last season there was no Bruno.

The last 14 games when Bruno had arrived:
9 wins
5 draws
Scored 30
Conceded 7

Thanks.

I'm trying to focus much more on the period when we were in bad form last season - to see if our period of bad form so far in this season has improved a little bit.

I remember the bad form for example after he got his contract was a lot of losses compared to now which seem to be more draws.

Fun fact: Whether we win, lose or draw today, this thread is going to explode with smug wummery.

Fun fact: Whether we win, lose or draw today, this thread is going to explode with smug wummery.

If we had won the games that we are meant to today wouldnt have mattered so much.

Night be ridiculous to expect to get something but that's what happens when you drop points to the fodder of the league.

It's not just the shocking period's of form either. Aside from Bruno I can't think of a single player in this team that's kicked on from last season. Greenwood, Martial and Rashford have all gone backwards. Mctomminay has had a few games here or there where you'd say he's improving only to have another few bang average ones. It's simply not normal for an entire team to drop performance levels all at once and it happens far too often. Shaw is probably the standout in terms of improvement, helps that he's been able to stay injury free.

Last edited:
If we had won the games that we are meant to today wouldnt have mattered so much.

Night be ridiculous to expect to get something but that's what happens when you drop points to the fodder of the league.

We've been fairly shite lately and tensions are high on here regarding Ole. I can see this thread exploding, no matter what the result.

We've been fairly shite lately and tensions are high on here regarding Ole. I can see this thread exploding, no matter what the result.

True. I'm leaning back towards letting Ole go at the end of the season but am open to changing my mind if we turn things around.

Hope we can pull out a result but don't see it.

The real concern is if we do lose we will only be 1-3 points ahead of 4th and 5th by the time everyone has played.

Some capitulation that is from January.

It's not just the shocking period's of form either. Aside from Bruno I can't think of a single player in this team that's kicked on from last season. Greenwood, Martial and Rashford have all gone backwards. Mctomminay has had a few games here or there where you'd say he's improving only to have another few bang average ones. It's simply not normal for an entire team to drop performance levels all at once and it happens far too often.

This is a point no one seems to talk about.

Shaw is the other that has improved but I swear I honestly don't see any real progression as a team

True. I'm leaning back towards letting Ole go at the end of the season but am open to changing my mind if we turn things around.

Hope we can pull out a result but don't see it.

The real concern is if we do lose we will only be 1-3 points ahead of 4th and 5th by the time everyone has played.

Some capitulation that is from January.

Yup, it's been an absolute shitshow that we are being sucked backed into a top four battle. Our league form in 2021 has been awful.

He's never been a good manager at managing a squad. They never compete in all comps. He won the league having all his players available to him. Now the first time they are struggling with injuries he doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of the squad.

Not even close to SAF levels.

He's never been a good manager at managing a squad. They never compete in all comps. He won the league having all his players available to him. Now the first time they are struggling with injuries he doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of the squad.

Not even close to SAF levels.

He has got 4 CBs out. For a manager who has won the PL and CL I think a bad year is accepted. They are not rich like City or even us. Now if he doesn't make the CL spot next season it's going to get very interesting. Van Dijk was a huge loss for him. I would say it's same as missing Bruno for us.

By the way what's this story about a Transfer Board and a committee for hiring coaches?

The worst would be a draw. It will have everyone up in arms for their cause.
We couldn't beat City, hahaha. We didn't lose to City hahaha.

He has got 4 CBs out. For a manager who has won the PL and CL I think a bad year is accepted. They are not rich like City or even us. Now if he doesn't make the CL spot next season it's going to get very interesting. Van Dijk was a huge loss for him. I would say it's same as missing Bruno for us.

By the way what's this story about a Transfer Board and a committee for hiring coaches?

You've missed the whole point. He has NEVER challenged in all competitions because he doesn't manage his squad. He expects all 11 to be fit and he'll do a good job, he was afforded that luxury the past two seasons and the moment he is missing players he is lost. That 11 then burn out and you see a season like this, and his last at Dortmund.

Fergie always adapted, no matter who was missing.

Fulham are currently leading Liverpool by a goal. In recent times Liverpool have quiet a number of games to Teams which are poorer than us, and this is due to their injury concerns and poor form. These were there when Ole took us to Anfield yet we couldn't manage a goal. So many missed opportunities to assure a comfortable top 4 finish, or even challenge for the title. An ambitious club would be thinking of a future without Ole as as manager. He may be suitable for such roles as DOF but I don't see any top team in the top leagues in Europe asking for his signature if he were to be without a club today. Time to put sentiments aside.

No it won't be interesting. It'll be incredibly disappointing for everybody connected to the club. Try to sound less as though its something you want to happen

I really don't want it to happen. Only positive however would be that Ole would have to go

What makes me laugh is the fact that we went to Liverpool and played like cowards. All Pool have done since is hand out 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.