Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobba

That is why he doesn't rotate the defence. The defensive (especially fullback) depth is absolutely non-existent.

Been a long time since we saw a player have such a nothing first season at United than VDB. Even Di Maria and Falcao had their moments!

Last edited:

Mickson

Somehow posting constant negativity after reaching a European final
When he can't motivate the players and when some key players are missing, we are a poor team. You could see that we have no structure, no idea. That's why I don't think he will sustain the results we have this season in the long run (which aren't even great results). We are too dependent on individual players.

Also, do people still think he gives youth a chance or will you acknowledge that I was right all along?

el3mel

Regardless of this game I'm honestly really pleased with how we're doing last few months. He has made us look like a proper team and seems to be growing into the job. Still some problems here and there regarding subs and stuff but I'm pleased with the team overall. He's doing really well.

If we win EL plus 2nd in the league no doubt this will be our best season post Fergie with huge potential for the future.

All depends now if he can take us for the next step and challenge for the league next season. The current squad is really quality and our transfer business last 2 years have elevated the team a lot. Next season is gonna be tough with City and Chelsea plus probably Liverpool but we should put on a proper title challenge even if we don't manage to win it.

Withnail

When he can't motivate the players and when some key players are missing, we are a poor team. You could see that we have no structure, no idea. That's why I don't think he will sustain the results we have this season in the long run (which aren't even great results). We are too dependent on individual players.

Also, do people still think he gives youth a chance or will you acknowledge that I was right all along?
I was right!!! :lol:

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
How is anybody blaming Ole is beyond me.

He gave a chance to redcafe’s little darling Bailly and the guy had horrible game.

Pogba was just as bad as DVB, Fred was left alone in midfield and got overrun.

With us leading 1-0 at HT he saved our fullbacks from suspensions or possible injuries.

Basically so many players let him down it’s laughable.
And that Greenwood miss...

Zen86

I don't think Ole's accomplishments have exceeded Mourinho's.

But if he can be on par with Mou, and show an upward ascendancy, he should stay.

Likewise if next season is terrible he should be sacked.
A win in the EL and this season will have been been far, far better than anything Mourinho served up.

Mickson

He gave a chance to redcafe’s little darling Bailly and the guy had horrible game.

With us leading 1-0 at HT he saved our fullbacks from suspensions or possible injuries.

He is the coach. We were outclassed. It's quite obvious he was part of a problem today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't think he got a single thing right tonight, that said it was a highly experimental team and I doubt we'll ever see that combination of players again, he's probably learned a few things about the quality of his back ups too. This felt like a very out of character game for us as a team so I'm not particularly worried.

He picked the team, didn't change the problem positions (van de Beek on the wing???) and his subs somehow made us worse. I mean, how can you not blame him? For all the praise he gets when he gets it right he deserves equal criticism for when he gets it wrong, which he certainly did tonight.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

So when we are crap its the players let him down, when we are good its Ole at the wheel, the usual story.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

2nd in the league. Final of Europa League.

Matriac

Most of our team are youths. Arguably giving Brandon a full half in a semi-final to make his mark is giving out chances.

Yes we were never really threatened with the advantage we had from the start, but as long as Roma was full of energy and pressing you can't really fault him for not throwing in Amad or Elanga in a European semi-final.

Had we killed the game off more we would have given more chances. Before the game I was expecting Elanga to get his debut tonight and Amad 30 mins. But the way the game developed I have no problem understanding why players with more routine were relied upon.

Crashoutcassius

No patterns of play hahaha. My god this thread. You must be sickened that we have scored over 100 goals this year , really makes your argument that we have no idea look like a ridiculous agenda

90 + 5min

Through to the final and people are hitting a "criticize him" button.

Oh, be little bit happy.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why doesn’t Ole ever rest any players and play the youths?

*loses a semi final game and still qualifies for the final*

Cafe goes into meltdown.

Mickson

No patterns of play hahaha. My god this thread. You must be sickened that we have scored over 100 goals this year , really makes your argument that we have no idea look like a ridiculous agenda
We have no idea when he rotates. We have an idea when he has his best players. What was the idea today?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He seems to struggle when he rotates the team.
It's been very obvious for nearly 2 years now that he doesn't trust many players in this squad. Tonight yet more justification as to why.

Bailly, VDB, Telles - all absolutely dreadful.

U99ted

Hairdryer needed to remind the players not to be that sloppy again.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
What some of you lot refuse to understand.

We played against a team that had nothing to lose. They were mentally free, just playing without any nerve or care.

This is a difficult game. May I remind you what happened again and again in European competitions? So many “impossible” comebacks?

Having nothing to lose is a very comfortable position to play a football game.

Also - if Ole didn’t give DVB a chance, you would have blamed him for that.

Berbasbullet

First defeat in 7 which contained 6 wins and a draw. We’re still in good form and so happy for him to get to a final!

Berbasbullet

It is astonishing! But let’s be fair - no surprise.
Pretty typical isn’t it. Tonight was just one of those odd matches you get and to be honest more fun than a 0-0 drab professional job.

I hope those that were calling for wholesale changes to the team now understand why Bruno and cavani etc had to play?

Godfather

It's been very obvious for nearly 2 years now that he doesn't trust many players in this squad. Tonight yet more justification as to why.

Bailly, VDB, Telles - all absolutely dreadful.
They really were. I understand that those are who start week in week out take the foot off the pedal in a game like this. But the guys who have something to prove. No idea what they were doing

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well the defensive disasterclass was expected. He threw in Bailly, Telles and Williams who almost never play (and rightly so). You just can’t have the defensive stability with such a makeshift defense. And McFred also didn’t play together today. They give more freedom to Bruno and Pogba without leaving us completely open.
A nothing game today as expected, just good for fitness and rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.