Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

The result will mask the performance but another shitty display. Today was worst than last week, it not because Wolves' players were totally determined to miss every single chance they had this could have ended really badly.

Times is running out.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I wish we could stop putting doubt on our manager until we actually know the outcome of the season.

Everyone knows he has to win something pl/cl or at least be inches close to deserve keeping his job with the investment we have done and the team that we have.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can or can't write, but at least think about it.

dove

You’re right. Perfect time to bring this up after a 1-0 late winner away from home. What a great time to mention that fact, a fact that will not change from now until at least March.

When discussing a game where we won late on, I always think back to Ole’s inability to beat Man City to a premier league title last year. That seems like a not mental thing to bring up right now.
A win is a win and I am sure we will have plenty more wins this season. But if you cannot see that we are not winning anything important playing like that, then I can't help. Today's performance, just like last game was trash. Who knows how are we gonna look the next game. We might look like world beaters and win 5-0 but we might be just as shite as today. These inconsistencies clearly come from bad management/setup. Well coached teams don't go from good to bad in a few days. They still drop points of course but usually because they can't finish their chances or just being unlucky conceding out of nowhere. We are a complete opposite of that and are being outplayed quite often. But since our squad has some genuine world class talent, it's sometimes enough even with Ole in charge.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It’s literally a record in the league. Ever since the premier league began.
Think of where we were when he took over. Did that record seem remotely possible?
Like I said. Ole would has given us things to be hyped about but it's time to bring something of substance

OleBoiii

God i want this man to succeed so much.
Same.

Not just because it would be awesome to be back on top with a legend in charge, but also to shut up his critics in our own fanbase. I actually don't care about banter from rival supporters. Rivals will find a find to banter every manager anyways.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
A win is a win and I am sure we will have plenty more wins this season. But if you cannot see that we are not winning anything important playing like that, then I can't help. Today's performance, just like last game was trash. Who knows how are we gonna look the next game. We might look like world beaters and win 5-0 but we might be just as shite as today. These inconsistencies clearly come from bad management/setup. Well coached teams don't go from good to bad in a few days. They still drop points of course but usually because they can't finish their chances or just being unlucky conceding out of nowhere. We are a complete opposite of that and are being outplayed quite often. But since our squad has some genuine world class talent, it's sometimes enough even with Ole in charge.
Which clubs have dominated all three matches this season then?

Womp

idiot
Terrible coach. 3 years in, ridiculous amounts spent and we are still quite regularly being placed off the park by teams with far inferior players and resources. If any fan is happy to continue playing underdog under this manager who is very clearly out of his depth, all power to you

meamth

It's fecking Wolves (our bogey team), at fecking Molineux, with their redemption for poor start to the season.

Did you lot watched the game, the atmosphere was fecking hostile.

Getting 3 points was a fecking achievement.

Who the feck cares how we played?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Unbeaten away record is fine but if every two draws we one win and the other lose we all know how buch better we can be. It is really basic statistics. Not that the goals in the CL away games count as 2 either. I am happy we got it "over the line" but now let's focus on starting the game sharp and go after the win from the minute one. How many times we were chasing the game because we were too slow or perhaps scared to go after it? This team will tear teams apart, just need to sort out overall defending, which should be approach with overall much higher aggression, do we have the personalities and a manager though? I expect the intensity to drop of even more with the arrival of Ronaldo, sadly, even more individual brilliance saving our ass, but let's hope this was the early season headache for once and with the record in the pocket, we come to games more relaxed and ready.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The result will mask the performance but another shitty display. Today was worst than last week, it not because Wolves' players were totally determined to miss every single chance they had this could have ended really badly.

Times is running out.
Yeah, we cannot be happy with results when the gameplay is so bad

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Times is running out.
Time is running out?

have you read or watched any of wolves this season? Before today they’d created 40 odd chances in 2 matches and scored 1. It’s a new pattern for them

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Brilliant again, another win on the road. Breaking records again. Well done Ole. Bite

James35

Ole is here for the season at least, nothing anyone says will change that. Some will like that, some won't.

He needs to be made accountable though if we go another season without a trophy because the amount of talent he has had bought for him has rightfully added to the pressure and expectations of the job.

Performances like today happen too often and I do believe he needs to sharpen up fast because how the training everyday can result in poor match displays is becoming more and more worrying for me. If he himself is not to be blamed, he certainly needs to hire some top class coaches to help him otherwise he will eventually be sacked as I don't see us winning anything with the current manager/coaching set up.

Womp

idiot
The fact that he achieved the record shows he's a man of substance. I'd have literally no other person in charge than Ole. Except SAF.
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here in some time. No other manager in thr World over Ole? :lol:

Zhagzi

Oh, right cause when we play bad and win, it's because we're a shit team. However, Chelsea, City and Liverpool can play awful and still win and then they're "real champions", because champions win despite horrible performances.

James Peril

United were never a team known for getting scrappy wins and scoring last minute winners. :wenger:
That awful argument only works if you win stuff, it just looks sad when you don’t. Ole is holding this club back, it’s a travesty to be honest. Imagine what this team could be doing with a top, professional manager… we should be served great attacking football most weeks, we are left with disjointed and frustrating stuff like this. Did we create a single chance today? Did we create anything against Soton? Again, just bewildered at the lack of style and fun.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Oh, right cause when we play bad and win, it's because we're a shit team. However, Chelsea, City and Liverpool can play awful and still win and then they're "real champions", because champions win despite horrible performances.
It’s honestly because fans watch full United games and highlights of other teams. So they think they play like that all the time.

Water Melon

He really is not a top manager, whereas United need an elite one. We are not winning anything big with him in charge. No big team in top 5 European leagues would hire Ole. Hopefully, we do not miss out on Zidane.

0le

I think you misunderstood their post. :D

Zhagzi

Yeah, we cannot be happy with results when the gameplay is so bad
Yes the majority in here applaud Klopp, Tuchel, and Pep for grinding out results despite poor performances from time to time, cause that's what a true title-contender will do at times. The logic in here is so screwed up.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The fact that he achieved the record shows he's a man of substance. I'd have literally no other person in charge than Ole. Except SAF.
Its pretty obvious I was talking about trophies when I said substance. I rate Ole but this is the season we have to stamp ourselves as a strong threat. A title challenge at the very least

Acquire Me

We used to have matches like this under Fergie. It was a clear signal that we were going to be there right in the end. Be happy with the result guys.

The lottery continues. Against Newcastle we will have a completely different lineup and tactics, and score 4 or 5.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Out results have been getting consistently better since he took over. Our squad is miles better.

When do you think they’re gonna start catching up?
Throughout the season, in a scattered pattern. I think, because of our gameplay, there will be moments where the opposition scores even when they shouldn't score. That means we lose games we shouldn't be losing. If we controlled games better, and were varied in our gameplay, then that wouldn't happen.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Its pretty obvious I was talking about trophies when I said substance. I rate Ole but this is the season we have to stamp ourselves as a strong threat. A title challenge at the very least
Well… can we wait to see if that happens?
If it doesn’t.. fair enough. Let’s just not throw toys out of the pram quite yet.

Tony247

You can buy all the world class players but forgot to employ a world class manager then this happens.

They way he tinkered the formation, played pogba deeper with Fred, put James against Traore, and worst played Bruno up front, even further ahead of Greenwood at times. Got away with that one, thanks for DDG, Varane and Greenwood.

meamth

I'll enjoy the win, and have a good night sleep.

Thank you Ole.

"Individual brilliance!!! lucky!! no pattern of play!!We need top claasssss managerrrrr boohoo"

I enjoy your salty tears, cheers.

InfiniteBoredom

Playing bad and still winning is the mark of champions because it happens rarely, if you play bad far too frequently then it's just a matter of time until it catches up to you. We experienced it under Mourinho 17-18 and last year after Christmas.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wish we could stop putting doubt on our manager until we actually know the outcome of the season.

Everyone knows he has to win something pl/cl or at least be inches close to deserve keeping his job with the investment we have done and the team that we have.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can or can't write, but at least think about it.
Doubt Ole reads the caf, so don't think it matters. He will get the season regardless of what happens, so you need not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.