Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

So you telling me he couldn’t show us anything in the past 6 months? So what was the point of hiring him?

Worst thing is we been getting worse rather than better every game.

Also whoever came up with Ole at the wheel needs their teeth kicked in. Probably same idiot who came up with Moyes is the chosen one.
We clearly saw fast transition from front to back and our players flooding the box, several excellent counter attacking goals. Fb's pushed all the way to opponents half keeping the pressure. Too bad the players weren't fit to keep it up.

IrishRedDevil

Still can’t believe we made it permanent so soon, instead of just waiting a month to the season ended.

What an idiotic decision.

The club is a fecking circus.

Ole can't be blamed for this season. Ole's test really starts now.

If at the start of next season Ole hasn't shipped out Young, Jones etc. Then i won't waste my time watching any games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Still can’t believe we made it permanent so soon, instead of just waiting a month to the season ended.

The club is a circus, but riddle me this. Even if we did wait it out, and everything transpired as it has, would things feel better now? We would be in the same situation only with the option of who to hire, and technically we can still let Ole go and hire Poch now, so the difference in that regard is not huge. The state of our players would be the same, state of the CEO, the changes needed.. everything would be the same, except for the fans who would not go blaming Ole for the terrible shape our club is in.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s out of his depth completely. More so than David Moyes. The club has made too many feck ups now, we’re truly finished.

Lexxxzi

The "Solskjaer table", the table since he got the job... Can someone confirm if this table is correct? If it is, there isn't really a "collapse" in terms of the Premier League for Utd. I think it's the bad run of games and shocking results in general that gives the bad impression here.

solskjaertabellen.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Bojan11

The club is a circus, but riddle me this. Even if we did wait it out, and everything transpired as it has, would things feel better now? We would be in the same situation only with the option of who to hire, and technically we can still let Ole go and hire Poch now, so the difference in that regard is not huge. The state of our players would be the same, state of the CEO, the changes needed.. everything would be the same, except for the fans who would not go blaming Ole for the terrible shape our club is in.
Our? What do Bournemouth have to do with this?

SamVimes

He’s out of his depth completely. More so than David Moyes. The club has made too many feck ups now, we’re truly finished.
Agree. Nice bloke, but is he what's needed for a drastic overhaul? He has no experience. This will not end well.

IrishRedDevil

Things wouldn’t feel better, no. But we could simple say goodbye to Ole now and thank him for his time as interim manager and there wouldn’t be no ‘break-up’. Whereas now the club don’t have that option and have to stick with him, all because we blew our load a month too early.

What the feck was the rush. It’s not like other clubs were chasing Ole or that he was putting pressure on the club in the media. He literally kept saying that he was happy to wait to the summer to see what happens, yet the clowns at the club had to rush to get him signed permanently.

Bunch of amateurs.

Kostov

So who was he referring when he said that part about seeing the last of some players?

Young, Jones got new contract and he is begging Mata to renew. No word about Matic leaving unfortunately and he treats Rashford like Ronaldo. He is leaving an impression of all talk and no action.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He can only coach the players at the club and the players at the club are now proven shit. Deserves a few windows and full backing, which he may not get unfortunately. He is a fan and wants to return the club to the top, he has no personal agenda like previous managers.

arthurka

That is a great question.. I see him trying to get us to attack quicker, move the ball faster and trying to get this bunch to attack collectively. That wont work when you have a a defense and a keeper who cannot defend or form a unit to save their lives. That makes or midfield back into the defensive line and drag the whole team deep into our half. One of the biggest problem is our lack of attacking patterns and our players need to keep the ball for far to long before releasing the ball into the space, that because of this are already covered by defenders. Plus he likes to try to counter quickly. Plays 4-3-3 with a attacking midfielder coming to help out in attack.

You mentioned Pep, he was all over the place in his first season but he identified an aging defense that he did splash around 400m on. He also had a team that was PL winners 2 years prior. Same could be said about Klopp that just scraped CL quali last season by one point over a poor Arsenal side. It has taken both of them more than 5 months to build a cohesive team.

Our former world class manager had 2.5 seasons and you couldnt really tell the system or the plan, plus he didnt have a clue what his best team was.
There for I am willing to see whats what with Ole and at least give him a fair crack before we start this manager merry go around again.

Shark

@NotShark
That is a great question.. I see him trying to get us to attack quicker, move the ball faster and trying to get this bunch to attack collectively. That wont work when you have a a defense and a keeper who cannot defend or form a unit to save their lives. That makes or midfield back into the defensive line and drag the whole team deep into our half. One of the biggest problem is our lack of attacking patterns and our players need to keep the ball for far to long before releasing the ball into the space, that because of this are already covered by defenders. Plus he likes to try to counter quickly. Plays 4-3-3 with a attacking midfielder coming to help out in attack.

You mentioned Pep, he was all over the place in his first season but he identified an aging defense that he did splash around 400m on. He also had a team that was PL winners 2 years prior. Same could be said about Klopp that just scraped CL quali last season by one point over a poor Arsenal side. It has taken both of them more than 5 months to build a cohesive team.

Our former world class manager had 2.5 seasons and you couldnt really tell the system or the plan, plus he didnt have a clue what his best team was.
There for I am willing to see whats what with Ole and at least give him a fair crack before we start this manager merry go around again.
I genuinely can’t believe we’re saying things like give him a crack. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world we’re talking about here. You give too many managers like Ole and Moyes a crack to rebuild your club from ruin and you end up in even deeper shit and it definitely can get even worse. Also, Woodward, a man that’s been a constant in 6 odd years of failure is still pulling the string somehow. Next season will be another hell as things stand.

Last edited:

ManUArfa

His decision to take off Lindelof and keep Young was so mind boggling. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Seems like he's fallen into the favoritism trap. Difficult to see how he can now emerge from it.
But what if this is about attitude first? While Young may be quite a way past his best it's much better to keep a leader who works his socks off in the pitch than somebody who is not showing a team first approach. I'm not saying Lingard is like that but my point is that we don't know the dynamics.Working under SAF will have taught OGS that team always comes first. He has said himself that ability means nothing if players don't try or get the basics right. Young's main problem might be that he is way past his peak but the dressing room / attitude problems need sorting first.

dave1956

The next transfer window will answer some questions as to the direction he is taking, whether or not he has taken control of the dressing room and imposed his authority as manager by shipping out those who are causing unrest or not willing to adapt to his new order.
Should we have a first team squad much as it is today then I would question his ability to succeed and his actual authority over first team selection and future planning, to me this would indicate that Woodward is having a greater influence over team selection and planning than he should be.

haram

So who was he referring when he said that part about seeing the last of some players?

Young, Jones got new contract and he is begging Mata to renew. No word about Matic leaving unfortunately and he treats Rashford like Ronaldo. He is leaving an impression of all talk and no action.
Our best player, Paul Pogba.

Eddy_JukeZ

He can only coach the players at the club and the players at the club are now proven shit. Deserves a few windows and full backing, which he may not get unfortunately. He is a fan and wants to return the club to the top, he has no personal agenda like previous managers.
What does this even mean?

Eddy_JukeZ

I genuinely can’t believe we’re saying things like give him a crack. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world we’re talking about here. You give too many managers like Ole and Moyes a crack to rebuild your club from ruin and you end up in even deeper shit and it definitely can get even worse. What makes it even worse is Woodward, a man that’s been a constant in 6 odd years of failure is still pulling the string also. Next season will be another hell as things stand.
People here would have given Moyes 3+ years.

People on here are still far too enamored with the Fergie years.

You don't get time now if you're not progressing or doing your job.

0le

Agree. Nice bloke, but is he what's needed for a drastic overhaul? He has no experience. This will not end well.
Yeah, because the experienced heads of LvG and Mourinho did so well too.

Experience has to be the most overrated trait in football at present.

Bojan11

Yeah, because the experienced heads of LvG and Mourinho did so well too.

Experience has to be the most overrated trait in football at present.
LVG and Mourinho were past it when they got here. Most of their previous clubs had a structure where they didn’t make the signings. Where as we like idiots gave them everything. I would have more confidence if we actually hired someone who is competent when it comes to spotting and recruiting players.

ForestRGoinUp

The only ones going already had a foot out the door when he got here (Valencia, Darmian, etc.) so maybe he’s trying to make it seem like Pogba is getting booted out instead of looking for greener pastures?

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
It's a certainty that Ole will be leading us in to next season, so how about giving him a transfer window and see what he does before we resign ourselves to failure in said window because he doesn't have a CV littered with past glories. We've tried the established 'proven winner' route - Jose being one in this very league - and it didn't work. We all know there are huge problems in the supporting structure around the manager, and this would have remained a problem no matter who we hired in Ole's place as no incoming dude can sort out the stuff that's dealt with at board level.

In hindsight looking at it from a results perspective, yeah it would have been better to hold back on announcing Ole as manager due to the players seemingly reverting back to playing well below their levels. But on the other hand, it would only have papered over the cracks [if we made top four] and we'd all be dwelling in a serious false sense of security. This form has exposed the true magnitude of the job at hand and management will be under no illusion what the deal is with this group of players.

soaphroniscuss

We have world class Olympic level mental gymnastics in this thread. This period in the club's history is a life lesson. Take note.

croadyman

I really want to believe Ole is capable of being ruthless but the facts are he has far too much faith in the deadwood and way too pally with Jones,Smalling & Young. Just looks like he is way out of his depth and there is no shame in admitting that this job is far too big for him. Believe me there are plenty of more experienced managers than Ole who would not be able to sort out this mess.

MisterLupus

Seeing as we're doing tables, we're 12th in the table since he became permanent.
...and still we're boasting the third best results since his arrival - by some distance down to fourth even and also despite being only four points off your mentioned 12th place by the time he entered the scene. You can't deny we've progressed under him just because we've had a bad beat - by focusing on it and nothing else refusing to acknowledge the full picture. That's a simpleton's game - and you are of course free to be a simpleton if you so please (after all it's simple so who can blame you right?) - but those numbers don't lie and we've been a far better side since his arrival than we were before.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We're all venting tonight.

I don't know if Ole is the man either, but he deserves a fair chance to prove himself as his predecessors had.

Poch will still be available if/when Ole fails.
Keep on reading this, why? We arent some kind of experiment to give managers a fair chances of proving themselfs at our expence.
They can prove themselfs somewhere else. We cant afford more failures.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Things wouldn’t feel better, no. But we could simple say goodbye to Ole now and thank him for his time as interim manager and there wouldn’t be no ‘break-up’. Whereas now the club don’t have that option and have to stick with him, all because we blew our load a month too early.

What the feck was the rush. It’s not like other clubs were chasing Ole or that he was putting pressure on the club in the media. He literally kept saying that he was happy to wait to the summer to see what happens, yet the clowns at the club had to rush to get him signed permanently.

Bunch of amateurs.
Club didn’t really have a choice. He was doing great, fans loved him, he was asked in every single interview if he would get the job and it was starting to be awkward and disrespectful towards Ole.

At the time it made sense. Easy for someone like you to come out now as a Mr. Knowitall with the season result in front of you.

Eddy_JukeZ

Club didn’t really have a choice. He was doing great, fans loved him, he was asked in every single interview if he would get the job and it was starting to be awkward and disrespectful towards Ole.

At the time it made sense. Easy for someone like you to come out now as a Mr. Knowitall with the season result in front of you.
It never made sense at the time.

It was a ludicrous decision even without knowing what would follow.

Jibbs

It is clear as day Ole has lost the dressing room. There is too much players power at united because there is a severe lack of leadership, right from owners to executive to management level. Woodward doesn't have a semblance of footballing sense but he controls everything at united. If we have to stick with Ole then board and woodward need to back him in the culling of these players. Only with the removal of 7,8 players will the rot stop and that should include Pogba snd De Gea. Either that or simply give in to player power, remove Ole, appoint an experienced and pragmatic manager like Conte, sign players who could get the best out of our prince pogba and hope that with right players around him, united will click.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Bunch of amateurs.
Couldnt agree more. A fudking mess.

BlahRules

I am still confused why it’s difficult to drop players that are shit and look st the youth? So many managers have done it and it had worked but we can’t because we can’t?

Young plays shit in every game and a youngster would do more positive than harm and same goes for Matic, Jones and Sanchez.

Rashford should of been dropped but it appears OGS has a fetish for the English players.

Negan

He’s likely talking about Sanchez and probably Matic.

They are far from the problem, let’s be honest.

This guy awarded Phil Jones a 4 year+1 contract. He gave ASHLEY YOUNG a new deal and no doubt plans on keeping him in the first team next season.... Does that not say it all? Man is clueless and out of his depth. The Glazers must absolutely love him.

Imagine he wasn’t an ex-player and he was just some bloke from The Norwegian League. Would you all still be happy to see him take us into next season? After only winning 2 games in 11? If you say yes, you’re lying to yourself or you’re completely delusional.

This whole thing is a sickening nostalgia blast. I can’t wait for it to end, to be honest.

Canagel

The board should know better than being sucked in like the fans.

starman

The "Solskjaer table", the table since he got the job... Can someone confirm if this table is correct? If it is, there isn't really a "collapse" in terms of the Premier League for Utd. I think it's the bad run of games and shocking results in general that gives the bad impression here.

solskjaertabellen.com
No its correct, but people on here want to make judgement off a bad run, but do not want to look at the whole picture or give him a transfer window

reelworld

I genuinely can’t believe we’re saying things like give him a crack. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world we’re talking about here. You give too many managers like Ole and Moyes a crack to rebuild your club from ruin and you end up in even deeper shit and it definitely can get even worse. Also, Woodward, a man that’s been a constant in 6 odd years of failure is still pulling the string somehow. Next season will be another hell as things stand.
Unless someone can predict the future, then EVERY hire is a crack.
And you're equating Ole with Moyes, good grief

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

We had just lost two games before that too.

The Wolves game especially showing concerning signs. Common sense dictates that you wait and see how a manager works their way around this.

This will end in tears with Woodward having to fire a United legend. Us being poor and going nowhere football wise. We are struggling against sides that shouldnt even be at our level. That just can't be an issue of 'passion' or running around more.

Status
Not open for further replies.