Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubie

Sack him!

Lacks the ruthlessness to make it as a manager outside of Norway

Red_Aaron

I don't think there's any doubt that the club wanted poch but for whatever reason we couldn't get this summer - next summer might be different depending on what happens at spurs.

In the meantime we may as well give Ole a try, we've tried plenty of other things to no avail.

And its not really a question of back or sack because we need players no matter who the manager is. We'll be busy this summer I'm sure of it, hopefully we'll get some stronger characters than the last lot and identify some players prepared to give their all for the shirt regardless of who the manager is

opopop

Back him

My only concern is he'll keep the likes of Young, Jones, Lingard around the squad next season and he'll end up sacked.

I'm pretty sure Lingard will be playing right back for us in 2 years time.

RevGary

Supports
Seattle Sounders (MLS)
Sack the whole team. Anyone who gets paid that much to play or manage what really amounts to just a game and can’t win the title every year needs to lose their salary, their place on the team, and get a regular job. If they made normal salaries this would be tolerable, but they don’t. So anything less than a win and a title is simply unacceptable.

shaky

Sack him. Then sack his replacement before the end of the transfer window. If we keep sacking every manager, we get to absolve everyone else of blame for the awful nick we're in. Makes sense to me.

dove

See that's the point you don't know, either do I. You wouldn't know with any other manager under this board either. United have players to clear and if you can't accept it's going to take a while to get rid of players that don't want to be here/not good enough to be here then it's going to a painful period. Ole didn't make this mess he's been trying to sort it out. Until we see him get time to make changes it's no point throwing your dummy out.
That's obvious. But wouldn't you want to have someone in charge who knows what he is doing? So far our "clearance" started with extending contracts with Jones, Smalling and Young, and losing Herrera. Not sure what are we clearing. We all know Ole won't be here in 20/21 season, I just don't see the point in wasting money and time having a manger who is clearly not good enough, surrounded by assistant managers who are not good enough either.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The transformation of the forum into the United Facebook is almost complete.
Yes by asking valid questions...

You must be utterly deluded if you think we haven’t got a very difficult decision to make here.

Anyhow, back on topic. We can back him all we like but most of the same players will still be here next season and it’s clear he can’t motivate them or do anything with them really. So I think we should let him go, unfortunately.

gr3yham3

I believe we're going to sound Poch out and if he says OK, we'll sack Ole.

Whether he should be sacked, it's so difficult to say with the bunch of clowns he has letting him down in every way possible.
Poch will face the same problem with these current bunch. You think they can play the way that Poch wants them to?

Give Ole another half a season, at the very least. Give him the transfer window to get some of the players who are stealing a living out of the club, and get in players who are willing to bleed for the shirt. As someone said, if the football is still dire and he still starts the likes of Young and Jones, then yes, sack him in December.

The night is darkest before the dawn.

CaptainAvengers

Sack him.

Nice man but not a Manchester United manager. Go back to Norway and Molde Ole. Big fish in small pound and be happy do us all a favour. Thanks.

Houdini

He deserves a chance to rebuild the squad. Sell all toxic players and deadwood.

Reactions: SteveJ

izec

Sack of course. Giving him more time wont make us better than before. He is just as much the problem as Ed and the team. It will be a top 6 fight every year if at all. I can see us worse next season than Jose started this one. With this team being still so shit tells you everything you need to know, he is out of his depth. he is more deluded than Moyes.

Smores

If the club sack him they will have the exact same issues because the players are complete and utter w*nk and that has nothing to do with Solskjaer.
Sacking the manager doesn't equal keeping the players though? The new manager would still be tasked with a clear out

redpatron

Phelan aside, they are nobodies.
No clue why anyone thought Carrick is supposed to be a good coach.
he should be nowhere near the squad, a coach should not be buddies with his current squad players. theres some obvious favoritism as his boys always get selected

Canagel

Agreed. As bad as the players are, we spent the whole game with everyone thinking their a number 10 playing flicks on the edge of the box. That's shit coaching.

Get players to hold the width to make space in the middle. Not rocket science. That's shit coaching I'm afraid.
Indeed. I had already complained of it in the matchday thread. everyone knows defensive teams is narrow but we kept playing through the middle. Terrible coaching.

Suv666

Are people for real? He's only been given the job! Back him, he's a club legend. Let's see what we does with a transfer window or two. Jose was right when he said it was his best achievement getting these useless w*nkers second.
Literally the only reason why he has the job. Because he's a club legend. If we had appointed Poch or Zidane and this was the level of football. OT would have wanted their head on a spike. Any other season I would have backed Ole but going through major overhaul with him at the helm? Dont trust him enough to buy the right players.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
How many of those players did he sign? How many of those players have been on the beach for the past month?

Who do we bring in? How much are we going to spend on the new manager?
Many questions. What the hell do they have to do with Solskjaer's ability as a manager?

RedIan

Back him. Get rid of toxic players who cant be arsed. We cant keep blaming the manager.
If Jose couldn’t motivate this bunch of wasters what chance anyone else. Its on the senior players not Ole.

If you want to get rid of someone vent on the CEO.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Has he spoken to the media yet? Or is he still making the end of season speech?

C'est Moi Cantona

He's clearly not the only issue, players are average, and whoever is running things is well below average, but that only means Ole needed to be well above average, and he's not, so I'd get rid, but it's blind hope that it'll change anything much.

Kostov

He will get the sack before the end of next season. His irrational loyalty to shit players like Jones, Young, Lingard and blowing into the bubble of Rashy will be the end of him. Shame.

I just hope we get lucky and bring in 2-3 solid players under him in the summer. That's as good as we can hope for.

crossy1686

career ending
Do you really think Ole is going to get rid of Lingard, Young, Jones and Smalling? He’s probably going to sign more average friends for them.

Those four are the biggest wasters at the club yet Ole will stick with them.
Did you miss the reports this week regarding Lingard from a tier 2 source at the club?

Lingard on thin ice. Work rate isn’t a problem, end product is. People at the club feel like he’s focusing on his brand rather than improving as a footballer and some are actually quite annoyed at him. Coaches are emphasising that he’s 26 and not in the same «young» bracket as Rashford, for example.
So yeah, I think he is ruthless and he knows who needs to go and who should stay but why don't we just wait and give him a chance to prove that he can do it instead of shooting the guy down before he's even got close to a chance.

WensleyMU

Genuinely if Poch is available and we can get some form of unofficial confirmation from him to take over, then can we really afford to risk not taking it like we have done in the past with someone like Klopp?

Poch is the only manager around I can see who could challenge City and now, Liverpool. He's worked wonders with Spurs despite them bottling things often. He would be the perfect United manager and if, and only of he says he would come to United, should Ole be asked to step down.

If not, then give Ole £200million and let him gut the side.

Sacking Ole with no actual plan would be stupid.

Cloud7

As I said in another thread, this is a tricky question.

There’s no doubt the team needs rebuilding, and whoever is the manager in the summer needs to be backed. That much goes without saying.

With that being said, at what point do we ask ourselves if Ole is the manager we want overseeing this transition? If/when he does get in his own players, have we seen enough of him to say that he’ll be able to get the best out of them? Is it worth the risk that this form could very easily continue into next season, and we find ourselves floating around in seventh place, scrambling around to figure out what to do?

I don’t envy the board in the discussions that they should be having about this, as it’s a hard decision to make, but then knowing our board and their complete lack of any proactive thinking, they’re all probably sat there thinking that it’s too early to be having discussions like this.

Bojan11

How many of those players did he sign? How many of those players have been on the beach for the past month?

Who do we bring in? How much are we going to spend on the new manager?
If we on a beach chasing top four, what were a team who had been relegated for months doing last week? So you right he can’t motivate these players and we not going to sign a new squad of 16 players. So if he can’t motivate the group, what do you suggest?

ash_86

When Rashford went wide and crossed the ball in at the end, it did not seem that complicated. All that tippy-tappy, 38 touches before losing the ball in the middle resulted in nothing. You don't need dedicated wingers to go wide.
Strikers can go wide one and then but their natural instinct is to go down the middle. We need good FB's and Wingers to keep maintaining the width throughout the match.

Lee565

Sack him and what? Appoint Carrick? Gary Neville?

There is not a single manager that can be a better option for us at the moment. All we can hope for is that the board supports him 100% in the transfer market.

Also, anyone who thinks we can get Poch :lol:
You make it sound like Solskjear is a decent manager, he's not, Mark Hughes is better than him, David Moyes is better than him, Sam Allardyce is better than him.

Conte is still out there available.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Half his period here has been the best since Sir Alex retired, the other half has been the worst.
In a few years time, our trophy cabinet will have the "6 games under van Gaal" and "3 games where we scored 12 under Ole" trophies in it.

Cantona in disguise

Have to back him. I think if we start next season with young Jones and smalling hes done by October though.

Desperately want ole to do well and be a success but it has to start with those 3. I'd get rid of pogba and lukaku as well. I'm not doubting pogba and his ability I just think hes got an appalling attitude.

Maybe we will struggle to get rid of and replace all of those but its where I would start. Ole has to be brave or his dream job will be done.

Kapardin

He is going to stay so we have no choice but to hope we get some decent results under him next season. Woodward won't admit he was wrong in appointing him as usual, expect more useless briefings about marquee transfer targets we won't be signing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We’ve gone and given him the job now haven’t we? To be fair from what he’s said he seems well aware we’re shite so will hopefully be ruthless. Doubt it though.

Infra-red

My theory is that the other teams all had an agreement to let us win 10 or so games until “Give it to Ole” has become reality.
Now they have a good laugh and can rest assured that we will waste another 2-3 years fecking around.
:lol:

It'd be nice to think that the rival clubs were sufficiently worried about us to conspire in this way.

Sadly, we're now a complete irrelevance on the football landscape. Just some 'also rans', there to make up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.