Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

You incessantly say Ole is the right manager despite him accomplishing nothing in the game bar a relegation & having our performances & results become more woeful & embarrassing as the games went on.

But yes sure there’s no other manager in the world Manchester United could attract- let’s just hope he turns everything around from no evidence whatsoever.

Our fanbase is becoming sentimental & complacent- we’ve settled & nobody seems to care
As opposed to hysterically shrieking to sack a manger who got more points that Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea despite having an unfit squad, no signings and no preseason with his players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
My gut feeling is we will start the season well and all this hysteria will quickly disappear.

A focus on hard work, youth and attacking football feels like the reboot the club has needed for a number of years. I'm really looking forward to seeing the makeup of the squad by the start of August.
He will need to bring a leader in and some quality experienced players to go with that youth, because I sure as hell wouldn't trust the experienced players we have to lead young players.

DomesticTadpole

As opposed to hysterically shrieking to sack a manger who got more points that Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea despite having an unfit squad, no signings and no preseason with his players.
Think a lot of people are actually starting to get frustrated with the players, too many have been here too long under different managers. They are becoming a common factor.

crossy1686

career ending
Erik Ten Hag. Has a style of play, plays youth and he is his own person. I had no problem with Ole until he came out with trying to be a clone of SAF! Brining up the past etc. Ten Hag and Van der Saar as technical director, would be my choice. Think out of the box for once!
Ten Hag didn't sign or develop those players, he inherited them from other people's work.

What about Sacchi or Cruyff? They influenced many, many managers. Almost all managers copy them in some capacity, does that mean Pep isn't his own man, or maybe Van Gaal?

SteveW

He will need to bring a leader in and some quality experienced players to go with that youth, because I sure as hell wouldn't trust the experienced players we have to lead young players.
Is there anyone in the squad you'd keep. Do't think Ole of any manager can change every player in one window

Rafaeldagold

How so? Did we not waste chances and throw some of those games away? Did De Gea not make several costly mistakes? What part of what I said was delusional?
Our performances haven’t been great at all since he’s come in- overall we’ve been more lucky than the other way around.

People are desperate to stick up for Ole as he’s a club legend- if this was Jose/LVG there would be no remorse from you lot

el3mel

Every game we lost in the last 2 months of the season we deserved to lose. We were diabolical.

SteveW

Think a lot of people are actually starting to get frustrated with the players, too many have been here too long under different managers. They are becoming a common factor.
Absolutely. We definitely need to change a good few players.

SteveW

Our performances haven’t been great at all since he’s come in- overall we’ve been more lucky than the other way around.

People are desperate to stick up for Ole as he’s a club legend- if this was Jose/LVG there would be no remorse from you lot
I think we were lucky in 3-4 games of the winning run and unlucky in 3-4 games of the losing run. Take out De Gea's mistakes and we would likely have snuck into 4th.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Pep was the manager of a reserve team, so was Zidane before they got major jobs, is that mediocre as well?

Solskjær won a first league title in the history of a club in a one team league. Just because people on here don't rate the Norwegian league doesn't mean it's not an achievement, Fergie did similar in Scotland. good managers are capable of getting average players to play beyond their means.

The argument you're using is also definitive and doesn't hold up once Solskjær wins a major trophy. People said Klopp was a cup final bottler, then he won one, so what is he now? What about Pochettino also? He's a shit manager because he hasn't won a trophy? What happens when he does? Is he still shit?
Once Solskjaer wins a major trophy? as in if?
The Norwegian league is rubbish no matter what you say. Winning that league once in 8 years is nothing to boast about. And in a strong league he failed miserably.

I am now living in Greece and I can tell you that if any of these Greek teams hired Ole there would be rioting. And the Greek league is rubbish though stronger than the Norwegian which goes to show.

DomesticTadpole

Is there anyone in the squad you'd keep. Do't think Ole of any manager can change every player in one window
Smalling, Shaw and Lindelof. Smalling as a backup and tie his hands behind his back. DDG if he gets his head right. Not sure how Pogba will react to playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids. Rashford if he learns to make the right decisions. Martial if he can be arsed. It will then depend how many kids he brings up. I am just wary of our kids, not because I think they are bad, but more having hopes built up in the past and them not being what we had hope. This lot might live up to the hype I hope.

Zen86

You incessantly say Ole is the right manager despite him accomplishing nothing in the game bar a relegation & having our performances & results become more woeful & embarrassing as the games went on.

But yes sure there’s no other manager in the world Manchester United could attract- let’s just hope he turns everything around from no evidence whatsoever.

Our fanbase is becoming sentimental & complacent- we’ve settled & nobody seems to care
He’s not actually had a chance to do anything yet, so I don’t really understand why anyone would categorically write him off.

As for the mantra of bringing in a high-flying manager with a big name and big reputation, which is obviously what you are pining for, even if you don’t know who this mystery candidate actually is, how have Mourinho and Van Gaal worked out? And yes, they were both backed, quite considerably so.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Don't waste your time, I think he is related to Ole, defends like his own child.
Sound advice here @Rafaeldagold

For whatever reason Crossy has literally become evangelical on the topic of Ole - his posts are that of a man on a mission...

It might not be a particularly worthwhile mission, it might not make much (or any) sense the majority of the time... it might appear to the uninitiated that he actually just spends his days on here endlessly whining, and yapping at those who hold a differing opinion to the one he believes to be correct...

But a mission nonetheless.

I say, salute him, wish him well on his mission - he at least makes the off-season a bit more entertaining, if only for the humour value!

SteveW

Smalling, Shaw and Lindelof. Smalling as a backup and tie his hands behind his back. DDG if he gets his head right. Not sure how Pogba will react to playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids. Rashford if he learns to make the right decisions. Martial if he can be arsed. It will then depend how many kids he brings up. I am just wary of our kids, not because I think they are bad, but more having hopes built up in the past and them not being what we had hope. This lot might live up to the hype I hope.
I'd agree with most of those names. But realistically we will need to keep more than that for the moment. I'd say 5 or 6 senior players will go and mostly be replaced by new signings. From the youths Greenwood will easily make the step up next season and Tuanzebe and Gomes could potentially be good squad options. That's it though. The others are a mixture of not ready and not good enough imo.

Zen86

For whatever reason Crossy has literally become evangelical on the topic of Ole - his posts are that of a man on a mission...

It might not be a particularly worthwhile mission, it might not make much (or any) sense the majority of the time... it might appear to the uninitiated that he actually just spends his days on here endlessly whining, and yapping at those who hold a differing opinion to the one he believes to be correct...

I say, salute him, wish him well on his mission - he at least makes the off-season a bit more entertaining, if only for the humour value!
That’s an interesting take on things. One could think there’s an element of RedCafe who seemingly sit here doom-mongering and prophesising the destruction of the club, day in day out. But that would be incorrect, obviously.

Rafaeldagold

He’s not actually had a chance to do anything yet, so I don’t really understand why anyone would categorically write him off.

As for the mantra of bringing in a high-flying manager with a big name and big reputation, which is obviously what you are pining for, even if you don’t know who this mystery candidate actually is, how have Mourinho and Van Gaal worked out? And yes, they were both backed, quite considerably so.
Well Jose won us 2 cups & I liked LVG a lot- I saw he had a vision for us & enjoyed us playing City & Liverpool off the park- he got us into the champions league & won an FA Cup.

Celoti23-81

Ten Hag didn't sign or develop those players, he inherited them from other people's work.

What about Sacchi or Cruyff? They influenced many, many managers. Almost all managers copy them in some capacity, does that mean Pep isn't his own man, or maybe Van Gaal?
Well, scoring well over a 150 goals in a season, winning league and cup and unlucky to get to the Champions League final, in my eyes that's developing players!

Our players got worse under Solskjaer, not better! And don't tell me that it's the attitude of the players, I've had enough of that crap! The same players that finished 2nd last year? The demise of this team is of a manager that threw them under a bus, and playing a style to fail because he couldn't get his own way!

Did I see anything special in Ole other than a new manager bounce, NO. What I saw was a defensive counter attacking football that any fool could ask of a team. Still playing De Gea despite his awful form, still playing Rashford when he was clearly injured. Playing Ashley Young when we had Dalot.

It's not all on the players, not at all. It's up to Ole now to show something different than he did last part of the season. If ole wasn't a Utd legend, the mood would change much more amongst the fans. And not this blind faith!

SteveW

Well this is just nonsense. From what I've seen Crossy has done little other than say we should give him a chance and giving some sensible reasons.

You're the ones being completely dogmatic.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Well, scoring well over a 150 goals in a season, winning league and cup and unlucky to get to the Champions League final, in my eyes that's developing players!

Our players got worse under Solskjaer, not better! And don't tell me that it's the attitude of the players, I've had enough of that crap! The same players that finished 2nd last year? The demise of this team is of a manager that threw them under a bus, and playing a style to fail because he couldn't get his own way!

Did I see anything special in Ole other than a new manager bounce, NO. What I saw was a defensive counter attacking football that any fool could ask of a team. Still playing De Gea despite his awful form, still playing Rashford when he was clearly injured. Playing Ashley Young when we had Dalot.

It's not all on the players, not at all. It's up to Ole now to show something different than he did last part of the season. If ole wasn't a Utd legend, the mood would change much more amongst the fans. And not this blind faith!
Pogba played better than he ever has for us under Ole, Rashford and Lindelof too. Shaw had prob his best game for us against pool under Ole

SER19

Transfer policy seems to be attracting lots of criticism. First of all, let’s assume we actually pull off any of the proposed deals, we have to work on the assumption that solskjaer is aiming at a three year plan. We have no right to expect any more than that from where we are now. We also aren’t in a strong position to attract world class players, probabky the worst we’ve been in a long time. Club is a shambles and we have no champions league and our four most recognisable players either want to leave or were trying to shift.

So if his season one priority is to stock us with motivated, hard working talented young players then I’m for it, though I would like to see some flair added which we need, perhaps Fernandes. Or even some guile in Rabiot. But hypothetically, lining up like this, with surely a clearer style, we would be better off.

De Gea, Bisakka, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Rabiot, Pogba, Madison, James, Rashford, Martial

I’ve left Smalling as I can’t see Leicester selling us both Maguire and Madison so if we get any it will be 1.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Well this is just nonsense. From what I've seen Crossy has done little other than say we should give him a chance and giving some sensible reasons.

Not so, my friend.

I think there's a very good chance my opinion on Ole as a manager will turn out to be incorrect - indeed I hope it to be the case!

I don't view my opinion is more or less worthwhile than your own, and I welcome you voicing that opinion, even if you choose to do so in a humourless and unfriendly manner.

Big difference. Cheers.

Rafaeldagold

No no you need to understand that when it goes well it’s Ole & when it goes badly it’s the players.

Also despite what your eyes tell you we’ve been playing great stuff with a definite vision in place

Zen86

Well Jose won us 2 cups & I liked LVG a lot- I saw he had a vision for us & enjoyed us playing City & Liverpool off the park- he got us into the champions league & won an FA Cup.
They both failed, miserably, having spent large amounts of money in doing so.

Strange that you talk of United’s lowering standards, then go on to cite champions league qualification as one of Van Gaal’s successes. As for his vision, he might have had one, but we certainly didn’t play with one. His was insipid football at its finest.

Kapardin

I would genuinely like to know what is the intent behind his obsession with British players. Yes, they may not be inclined to move to another club, but even foreign players like Aguero have shown they would stay if the club shows sufficient ambition. And not like all British players are born in Manchester to "get" the club anyway.

Apart from Sancho, Wan-Bissaka and maybe Rice, all other British players are mediocre. We should focus on talent, the player can be from Mars for all I care so long as he contributes on the pitch.

DomesticTadpole

I would genuinely like to know what is the intent behind his obsession with British players. Yes, they may not be inclined to move to another club, but even foreign players like Aguero have shown they would stay if the club shows sufficient ambition. And not like all British players are born in Manchester to "get" the club anyway.

Apart from Sancho, Wan-Bissaka and maybe Rice, all other British players are mediocre. We should focus on talent, the player can be from Mars for all I care so long as he contributes on the pitch.
It is strange, considering he was a foreign player as were a lot of our most celebrated players and they got United.

SteveW

Transfer policy seems to be attracting lots of criticism. First of all, let’s assume we actually pull off any of the proposed deals, we have to work on the assumption that solskjaer is aiming at a three year plan. We have no right to expect any more than that from where we are now. We also aren’t in a strong position to attract world class players, probabky the worst we’ve been in a long time. Club is a shambles and we have no champions league and our four most recognisable players either want to leave or were trying to shift.

So if his season one priority is to stock us with motivated, hard working talented young players then I’m for it, though I would like to see some flair added which we need, perhaps Fernandes. Or even some guile in Rabiot. But hypothetically, lining up like this, with surely a clearer style, we would be better off.

De Gea, Bisakka, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Rabiot, Pogba, Madison, James, Rashford, Martial

I’ve left Smalling as I can’t see Leicester selling us both Maguire and Madison so if we get any it will be 1.
I tend to agree. The only way we will attract world class players right now is by basically by bribing them with stupid wages. I think our best bet is to sign/promote young talented players who are hungry for it and develop them. The Europa League will give plenty of games for that development.

If Ole can implement the quick attacking football he clearly wants to and we can get top 4 we'll be in great position to attract top players next Summer. United is still a huge draw for top players but they will want to see signs of the real United before they decide to commit.

SteveW

We're being linked with heaps of foreign players. If he signs 5 British players this summer and nothing else I'll be asking the same question.

crossy1686

career ending

:lol: You could at least quote me if you're going to discuss my posts but I suspect as before, you're not interested in hearing anything that isn't your opinion.

Here you go again, making stuff up and treating it as gospel. :yawn:

I actually love the fact you keep using whining to describe my posts. It just shows you to up for what you are. Not here to debate, just here to write bollocks.

You've failed to answer all my and others questions so far, both you and @Rafaeldagold. Just shows your general lack of life experience and knowledge on anything thats above your station.

Rafaeldagold

:lol: You could at least quote me if you're going to discuss my posts but I suspect as before, you're not interested in hearing anything that isn't your opinion.

I actually love the fact you keep using whining to describe my posts. It just shows you to up for what you are. Not here to debate, just here to write bollocks.

You've failed to answer all my and others questions so far, both you and @Rafaeldagold. Just shows your general lack of life experience and knowledge on anything thats above your station.
What are your questions?

Basically it comes down to if you think Manchester United can’t hire a better manager. I think we definitely can

Rafaeldagold

Ps ‘ Above my station’ haha. You also have no idea of my life experiences. How condescending. It’s only your side they resorts to that kind of childish name calling & making up your own facts

crossy1686

career ending

We discussed this yesterday. @Rhyme Animal comes on here, makes complete bollocks up about things that will happen in August and the end of the season, then uses those made up reasons as 'evidence' as to why Solskjær should be sacked now.

I called him out on it and now so he had no come back apart from to call me a whiner endlessly. It's quite funny really. :lol:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not sure if the reason i hope Ole succeeds is because United has been my team the whole life, or just to see what people like these guys do when proven wrong :lol:

What is the fundamentals of the management according to you? "He deserves at least 3 years" ? You don't need to be a genius to see how this appointment will end. We better start looking for a new manager already.
It’s not my job to scour the world for managerial talent..we can definitely do better

crossy1686

career ending
What are your questions?

Basically it comes down to if you think Manchester United can’t bite a better manager. I think we definitely can
You failed to answer the part where I asked you whether or not you would have Klopp or Pochettino fired under the same circumstances and all things being the same. Your opinions on Solskjær are based entirely on him giving off 'Moyes vibes'.

dove

Not sure if the reason i hope Ole succeeds is because United has been my team the whole life, or just to see what people like these guys do when proven wrong :lol:
:lol: Don't worry, happy to be proven wrong.

crossy1686

career ending
Ps ‘ Above my station’ haha. You also have no idea of my life experiences. How condescending. It’s only your side they resorts to that kind of childish name calling & making up your own facts
I don't have to have any insight into your life experiences. You're advocating for a manager to be sacked after a 6 month stint in charge of a team mid way through a season. That says everything about your general life experience at management.

There are no sides, I've openly said that should Solskjær lose his job next season it will be deserved, I've also said he should be given time and support to get it right. I look at things objectively but there's a couple of people in here making baseless claims.

crossy1686

career ending
Mate, what the feck is this? :eek::houllier:

Sorry to say but you are coming across like a hysterical baby in this thread. Evangelical was exactly the correct term to use to describe your posts. I think you need to log out for a while.
Not bothered. If people are going to make massive assumptions it leaves us all open to do the same.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Easy chief :wenger:

I could have sworn you turned up on this forum in the last 3months, full of energy, mass postings and plenty of arguments.

Yet your record says 2010 and 10,000+ posts :eek:

Did you not post for years, or have you changed your style. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.