Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Actually playing 4-3-3, but what do I know.. I am actually enjoying this game watching the youth. Seem Ole knew what he was doing in the league, despite the keyboard warriors shouting for more youth. Total domination this game, and it’s just a matter of time..
Not that it really matters. But Gomes is clearly playing ahead of the other two and trying to sit in the hole. It is more of a 4231 than a typical 433.

JustAGuest

Before the game most posters wanted to see the youngsters playing. Ole played them but result is not going our way
Now everyone s moaning...
This will just be dismissed as tactics making them not perform.

lsd

The Oracle
Iv never known a manager of a top club make the decision to have so few goalscoring options in his squad .

It was obvious we were going to struggle to score goals this season with the players he wanted upfront . Absolute bonkers decision by him

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's got to that point again where I'm not bothering to watch us anymore. It's much less stressful and I dont get annoyed.

Happened under Moyes, lvg, Mourinho and now solskjaer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's got to that point again where I'm not bothering to watch us anymore. It's much less stressful and I dont get annoyed.

What a shame you missed that goal then.

It's only the Europa league. Relax.

crossy1686

career ending

Imagine watching a team full of reserve kids and expecting champagne football...

Some people just don’t understand process.

Jeffthered

This fan base has undergone Jonestown massacre levels of mass delusion when it comes to Ole. He's a Championship tier manager, with a Championship level résumé who lucked out getting one of the biggest jobs in football.

We're drawing 0-0 at home at half time with the third place team in the Kazakhstan league. We don't look like we've been coached proper attacking drills. He's basically Mou 2.0.

Once again, it's the third place team in the Kazakh league. Our standards have dropped so low that that first half is considered "playing pretty well" according to some.
Very good post, and very accurate. The team we are playing tonight are awful. Awful. And some on here seem to suggest our performance is anything other than average at best.

I have stated on many occasions, the expectations for a club like ours, has dropped, significantly. We should be smashing teams like this. They are crap. I am fed uo reading posts suggesting that average players and average performances are somehow acceptable at Manchester United FC. We have become like the players... they play like they expect little, because little expectation is now good enough.

It's sad. And Ole is a huge part of this, because we have no flippin' identity as a team at all. Even with the youngsters playing.... the performance is so flat.

crossy1686

career ending
Very good post, and very accurate. The team we are playing tonight are awful. Awful. And some on here seem to suggest our performance is anything other than average at best.

I have stated on many occasions, the expectations for a club like ours, has dropped, significantly. We should be smashing teams like this. They are crap. I am fed uo reading posts suggesting that average players and average performances are somehow acceptable at Manchester United FC. We have become like the players... they play like they expect little, because little expectation is now good enough.

It's sad. And Ole is a huge part of this, because we have no flippin' identity as a team at all. Even with the youngsters playing.... the performance is so flat.
:lol:

Eriku

Imagine watching a team full of reserve kids and expecting champagne football...

Some people just don’t understand process.
Some people don’t want to come along for the ride. "Wake me up when we’ve arrived", they say.

If it were up to me, we’d leave a whole bunch of our fanbase at the next petrol station.

I am now done running the metaphor into the ground.

edgecutter

Serious questions need to be asked, not only from ole, but from the whole coaching staff. We are struggling to create and score against a poor side.

90 + 5min

Another very good game by Ole and the staff. Despite FM2020-kids here at RedCafe he did exactly what should be done in Europa League.

1. Rotate players and give young players some playing time. Test them. See where they stand.
2. Make subs if/when needed to take controll of game by putting in well needed experience.

Good work tonight. Job done.

crossy1686

career ending
Some people don’t want to come along for the ride. "Wake me up when we’ve arrived", they say.

If it were up to me, we’d leave a whole bunch of our fanbase at the next petrol station.

I am now done running the metaphor into the ground.
Yep, absolutely. Agree with all that.

AJ10

Name one game in the history of football where a team has thrown in 5 or more kids from the reserves and won, let alone played good football.

Some of you can’t see past the manager for some reason.
This.

El Jefe

When he does eventually get sacked, I think everyone will finally admit his coaching was pretty much a case of 'what would Sir Alex do'.

When that fails you see him constantly looking towards Phelan or McKenna for answers because he seems to lack any of his own.

Lemansky

We had plenty of weak games with our reserves under SAF also, plenty.

Youngsters, players not match fit and no team cohesion. It will not be champagne football.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Experimental cup sides should always sweep the opposition aside. It's not like SAF would lose to the likes of Southend and Coventry with dross like Rooney and Ronaldo.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
First team players or youngsters it’s still the same. No game plan. Slow passing tempo and poor movements. Many individual mistakes.

Bad coaching or bad players. Take your pick.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Scoreline flattered them, which wasn't surprising. Not sure how anyone who watched the game can post 'we didn't create chances' when Rashford alone should have broken few goal scoring records. We didn't finish though, very poor finishing.

Overall we should have done lot better.

Handré1990

When he does eventually get sacked, I think everyone will finally admit his coaching was pretty much a case of 'what would Sir Alex do'.

When that fails you see him constantly looking towards Phelan or McKenna for answers because he seems to lack any of his own.

AJ10

Should have scored at least 3 but our players can't finish for shit. Good to see youngsters playing.

AJ10

Our fans are truly moronic.

Scotty McT

Name one game in the history of football where a team has thrown in 5 or more kids from the reserves and won, let alone played good football.

Some of you can’t see past the manager for some reason.
Are you really questioning whether a team has thrown 5 kids from the reserves on and won a match in the history of football? Are you familiar with big teams playing minnows in cup competitions or is this your first match you've watched?

Gomes

I remember us getting battered by Leeds and Coventry with teams similar to this one, and that was under Fergie.
I also remember United winning a couple of matches in between. I also remember them playing well once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.