Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainu

It has to end now. He's so far out of his depth, he's just not a Premier League level manager. At this rate a relegation battle is absolutely on.

Castia

Worst run I e ever witnessed. Absolutely nothing to suggest we’re getting better.

No creativity, no game plan, tactics all over the place.

80 minutes how is Pereira still on the field

dove

If he had an ounce of respect for the club and the fans, he should walk away knowing very well, he’s not up for it.
He is not walking away, his next job is probably gonna be in Norwegian league again.

Jacob

I think he will resign eventually. No way we're sacking him. We'll, a mutual termination maybe.

papayafc

Anyone see that shot of the coaching staff just then with their head in their hands? We need an overhaul asap. Ole included.

Atheist

No doubt he'll praise the performance in the post-match press conference.

TsuWave

at this point, I'd even take Sam Allardyce or Ian Holloway :lol: this guy is so out of his depth

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In all seriousness, hopefully this puts the "we should hire a former legend" narrative to bed once and for all.

YouMo90

What was going through Ed Woodward’s head when he decided to choose and appoint ole Gunnar Solakjaer over Laurent blanc we will never know. Truly a shocking but yet fatal and catastrophic descision to make. The manager is a utter shambles and nothing but a disaster on the club. The results show it themselves. He has to get sacked.

Dr. StrangeHate

I know he is going to be heavily compensated and is already very rich so I shouldn't feel bad for him, but I really do. It is not his fault he is not good enough.

Djemba-Djemba

It's not even a debate anymore.

He has to be sacked before we play next.

15 points behind top spot, 2 points above the relegation zone. 2 win in 13 league games, no win away for 8 or 9 months, have scored more than once in a game one time in 8 months.

It's just appalling.

Fooza

Looking like we're going to end up/close to the relegation zone when we get beat to Liverpool. Thanks Ole

Idxomer

Well. If you read about SAF’s first 4 years 1986-1990 you will find that he struggled and that many expected him to be sacked. At the time, not many saw him as a world class manager.

It’s not always what it seems.
Stop it.

GreatDane

I mean, damn I love Ole - I really do.
I want(ed) him to succed, be the next Sir Alex, but it does not work.

Maybe Ole as a DOF would work, he clearly cares and wants the best for us longterm. But as a manager I dont feel he's the right choice anymore.

evil_geko

He needs more time ffs, stop being so spoiled, get behind your manager!

Nope, just kidding, I am pretty much done after this game, I love Ole but just get rid at this point.

AneRu

If he had an ounce of respect for the club and the fans, he should walk away knowing very well, he’s not up for it.
True, he is not retrieving this situation and it's only going to get worse because we seem to get worse aesthetically the longer he has with the squad.

TsuWave

You guys are some knee-jerk reactionary fans. 5 more years like this and Ole will turn into Fergie mk. II

stick with your manager

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love Ole but it’s really not looking good for him. I can’t see him making Christmas.

Fluctuation0161

I expect him to do the dignified thing, resign, and stop embarrassing himself and the club further.
Any manager would struggle with this squad. Admittedly Ole is probably 1-2 wins behind what a better manager would have got from us. Yes, he is part of the problem. But the low quality of squad is the biggest problem.

Rob67

Would love for him to hold his hands up after the game and admit the job's too big for him. Him resigning is probably the only way that this can end. Can't see the board sacking him anytime soon.

DevilRed

I really want to give Ole time, but he is making this hard on himself.

You've got to actually show progress, and while we have been pretty impressive at the back (only 8 conceded so far including today), we have been woeful upfront.

Alot has to do with injuries and not having our best players available. Its almost the perfect storm really. Our best players out for long periods and basically none of our depth was replaced in the summer. No replacements for Lukaku, Sanchez, Fellaini, Herrera etc.

The board has to be to blame but I think Ole has a big part in this too by saying he is content with the side. Its one thing to trust in youth, but another to throw in players who will never come close to the level we aspire to (Perreira being a prime example).

El Zoido

Who is going to get a tune out of this squad? I just can’t see it. Sack him and who else is going to make Rashford score?

AFC NimbleThumb

The issue here isn’t the lack of wins, it’s the cluelessness.

If we were losing games because of squad quality then OgS’ cliche bull**** may pass but this is a terrible coaching job.

Every game we look clueless; I can’t see a plan. A rebuild needs one both on & off the pitch, we have neither.

OgS is trading off his history as a player & the amazing goodwill he has; he’s taking the fanbase for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.