Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Villa and Su were in Championship last year. And we got 2 points with being dominated. After one year in charge. Just saying...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Job needs to be under serious pressure now

Acole9

Outstanding
Russell Slade had a better record at Cardiff than him and he's now managing Hereford in the National League North!

SAFMUTD

If he didn’t had the history he had here as a player he would had been showned the boot a long long time ago.

Sp00ks11

Why is anybody at all surprised by this, he managed Cardiff and was shocking, he found his level at Molde and then he was given the United job after a fluke against PSG. You couldn't make it up. Plenty of us said his appointment was a joke and were mocked for not being 'real fans'.

25+ years of watching United and this is by far the worse we have been in that time.

el3mel

Let's be honest we all know how this is going to end. I can't get how can anyone stay positive overall.

We're just wasting our time. Very depressing. I can't believe today's result. FFS this is Villa at OT. I was expecting a comfortable 3-0 win. I kept being confident even when we went down. Couldn't believe we wouldn't actually win this.

And so what, our 4 wins record in the league will probably stay the same after the next 2 matches. We'll beck in bottom half of the table when we were about to get back in top 4 battle.

Ridiculous. This is just not going anywhere.

Tony247

In the last summer everyone was demanding reinforcement in midfield. If the club chose to ignore then what else could be the outcome?

Judas

Open to offers
Can't expect this team to do any better. A win against Villa with the squad we have is simply too much to ask. A new manager couldn't get us to win these games either.
He's getting no tune whatsoever out of this squad, and barely has since his initial great run. Our squad is bad, we've got injury issues, but a quality manager does much better than what he's doing, which is basically nothing.

tommy mac

Fair play to anyone who is still Ole In, you're stubborn and stick to what you believe in no matter what goes on in front of your eyes.
I was "Ole in" until today. I am genuinely baffled why a manager, who must know he is in trouble, keeps playing Fred?

red4ever 79

Hopefully is fired tonight. No excuses for not beating Villa at home especially when he rested the whole team mid-week. We are going no where fast with Ole. If he hadnt of been a former player who scored an important goal there is no way the fan base would stick with him. Needs to go and needs to go now.

bleedred

The chances of Villa sacking Smith after failing to beat us are more than us sacking ole.
His fans will get out in full force explaining how it's a miracle we got a point against Villa with that midfield.

gica_7

He should be gone. Just like the clown who has appointed him. Same clown that appointed 3 other managers before him.

If we appoint Poch, we will for sure be better. But, I also believed that anyone would do better than Jose. I know Woodward is an ego maniac who probably believes he is doing an incredible job but I fear up until he will be relieved of his duties, whoever we appoint won't make us a contender.

BlahRules

All my family members mocked me with OGS appointment and even said he will be sacked before Christmas- how I wish he will be sacked before Christmas, doubt it.

KeanoMagicHat

United have 18 points after 14 games, which is dreadful and the next two games are City and Spurs...

Aston Villa, Sheffield United, Brighton, Bournemouth was a 4-game run where you have to be getting 10-12 points to prove the team is on the right track, United got only 5 points. Has to be a serious discussion about his position.

R'hllor

This type of what ever they play is to hardcore even for CIA to use as way of torture, bet some would rather choose waterboarding.

tommy mac

Games are lost and won in midfield and we didn't have one. No wonder we couldn't control the rhythm of the match. Aston Villa's midfield would walks into ours currently. Says
Any midfield that includes Fred is automatically deemed a non midfield, a woeful player

Greck

Villa and Su were in Championship last year. And we got 2 points with being dominated. After one year in charge. Just saying...
He's walking proof that tactics matter. Watching him get out coached by inferior sides with better managers every week really gives perspective on what it takes to coach at this level

Smores

Can't expect this team to do any better. A win against Villa with the squad we have is simply too much to ask. A new manager couldn't get us to win these games either.
Aye it's only down to Ole and his fitness work we can now play a full 90 minutes. We should be thankful, any other manager and we'd need to abandon the game at 70 minutes.

Gomes

Wonder if all of Ole's cult is melting down like Neville on Twitter.

Canagel

How in the hell fans can justify this shit is beyond me. 22 points behind the scousers after 14 games. 8 points off top 4. 9th place behind shit clubs like Sheff Utd, Wolves, Leicester. Same points as other rubbish Burnley, Palace. Still a point behind Arsenal who have just sacked their manager cos of the terrible start to the season and yet Solskjaer still has the boards backing and 48% of the fans on here? What would it need for him to lose his job? At the moment it looks like only the threat of relegation. And by the way we are closer to the bottom 3 (6 points) than the top 4 (8 points). What an utter mess.
The board and fans back him just because he stuck a leg out in 99 :lol:. Its all a bit mad

Shark

@NotShark
And so the misery continues cause we rescued a point against mighty Villa, at home.

I’m depressed.

SparkedIntoLife

Unfortunately I'm convinced Ole isn't the right man for the job. He's a good man with decent values mostly true to those of United. However, he's not proven himself to be good enough to manage us through this crisis.

I believe he would be better with time but he's not got enough pedigree nor shown enough quality to deserve that time. I would much rather give time to someone with a proven track record who gets United playing attractive football despite patchy results.

The question for me would be whether to get someone new in now (i.e. Pochettino), wait til after Spurs/City matches or keep Ole til the end of the season where it's likely more top managers will become available. I'd be inclined to give Ole the next two messages.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Little things a manager can do:
1. Every free kick we have 3 players standing around. F*ck that. You have a designated taker, and the other 2 can go and contribute something to the game.
2. Our strikers do not know where to play in tandem with each other. When one drops out to the wing, another will cross it early. When one gets the ball with the other 2 in the middle they dally on it and play it back to the full back. There's no pattern, timing or, it appears, training.
3. Our midfield and CBs are making it up, all match about who is supposed to be where to play it out from the back. Just watch Lindelof in particular going bonkers that the two CMFs aren't dropping into the right spots, forcing it back to De Gea and the inevitable hoof. Again, simple coaching, watch almost every other team in the damn league - they do it better.
4. Our in-game management is diabolical. How often do we concede after scoring? How often do we allow play to come to a stop when we're buildng up steam due to a stupid, unnecessary foul? How often does Ole wait and wait and wait and wait and make a substitution too late to impact proceedings.
5. Finally, we're second to loads of balls in midfield. Especially off CB headers, they almost never drop to one of our players. Maybe you put it down to the lack of quality, but you can coach CBs to head into areas, and midfielders to drop into those. We're just making it up each long ball.

All of these things are apparent in top teams. It's one of the reasons why Italian clubs look so damn calm in European games, despite barely running anywhere. Coaching IS important.

We have the makings of a decent first XI with a few returning players. An elite coach really good get us going, especially with 2 more windows going into next season.

The time is now.

Havak

Pokemon master
Not much better than the Sheffield United game despite a week's rest and more preparation (and being at home). Unfortunately, at least for Ole, I think he's sacked after the derby if he fails to win either of the next two games.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Enough is enough. He’s out of his depth.

constant drab first half performances. Only so much “the opposition wanted more” line he can wheel out.

Ole the player shouldn’t shadow the failing Ole the manager.

Robaldo

We’ve reached that point (again!) where it’s a matter of time before the manager’s sacked but the board’s absence of a plan means we’ll see nothing happening soon...

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He will never be seen in England ever again.

Absolute fraud of the highest order.

Get him out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.