Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wtf has the Kopite gobshite got to do with anything?
Sums up the caf nicely. The amount of United 'fans' who follow that Liverpool propaganda machine religiously and regularly post her tweets on here is unreal.

Dinghy

"Winning throphies only build egoes" - Said by the guy who most people on here are convinced we should bring in to get us back to the top. Hilarious.

Last edited:

AshRK

Good win yesterday but his comments were embarrassing. I know sometimes one should not be hung up too much on words but his attitude doesn't come across as a winner. He looks content with some wins and is not understanding the gravity of managing such a big club. His attitude is like he has 4 years to take us to the top so why hurry.

Be a bit more ruthless and demanding. Act like you are managing a big club and not some club in Molde.

Pughnichi

I do think he is out of his depth at times. That said, I do believe in what he is at least trying to achieve with regard to his signings...genuine, humble, honest, hardworking...none of this JLingz and agent P nonsense who firmly believe their own hype. Maguire looking likely to be club captain. Bruno Fernandes, if we sign him, current club captain. Linked heavily to Grealish and would be a good signing, current club captain. Looks like a’la SAF days we are once again looking beyond the talent of a player instead of buying wet drips DiMaria or apparent future ballon’dor winner Depay.

Mainoldo

I do think he is out of his depth at times. That said, I do believe in what he is at least trying to achieve with regard to his signings...genuine, humble, honest, hardworking...none of this JLingz and agent P nonsense who firmly believe their own hype. Maguire looking likely to be club captain. Bruno Fernandes, if we sign him, current club captain. Linked heavily to Grealish and would be a good signing, current club captain. Looks like a’la SAF days we are once again looking beyond the talent of a player instead of buying wet drips DiMaria or apparent future ballon’dor winner Depay.
Don’t be a culturist with your humble crap. Was Cantona humble? Best; Ronaldo; RVP; RVN. There’s many players who haven’t genuine; humble and honest and been successful.
Please don’t fall for propaganda to identity players you don’t like. Jesse Lingard is hardworking and honest.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sums up the caf nicely. The amount of United 'fans' who follow that Liverpool propaganda machine religiously and regularly post her tweets on here is unreal.
Sums up the caf nicely?
You know there's a tonne of Liverpool fans that post here right?
Also is she spouting nonsense in her tweet, cause to me it shows that Ole is talking a load of bollocks.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah, I'm not convinced he's the right manager for us but I'm glad it's rattled the cage of some whoppers.
Maybe, it's the fact that his embarrassing comments are the new norm. If it was a one off, I doubt people would care as much as they do. They're tired of his shit and are calling him out on it. It's called calling a spade a spade, nothing to do with any rattled cages.

jem

In before people will start dreaming about turning the corner. Good performance today but this Norwich side is just dreadful. Also it proves just how wrong Ole was to freeze Matic and Mata from the squad. Matic is still the best DM at the club while Mata is the best attacking midfielder and is still 5x better than JLingz will ever be. Unfortunately Ole just makes emotional decisions regarding to who plays and who doesn't instead of actually using his brain. Anyway, good win, 3 points and let's prepare mentally for a humiliation against Liverpool.
I'm not a fan of Ole as a manager, but this sounds very speculative.

90 + 5min

Some guys in here are really funny. So, one day after a win, you are digging up some comment that is taken out of its context. Cut and paste. What people would do to keep on this witchhunt. Just amazing.

Flexdegea

Even if you’re not “rattled” there’s surely no defending what he said, it was downright stupid.

Was silly but people hanging onto this sort of comments and getting upset and embarrassed need to have a look at themselves.

Big chunk or our support this load of years have turned into Fannies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just going around in circles. We tried the 'decent' managers already. I'm guessing you'll be happy with Poch who spent 5 years at Spurs and won nothing?
Mourinho & LvG -

F.A Cup winners
Europa League winners
League Cup winners
Multiple Top 4 finishes

Moyes & OGS -

0 Trophies
0 Top 4 finishes

So, yeah... how anyone at this point would suggest that hiring better managers isn't the way to go is an obvious WUM imo, because no true Utd fan would prefer the latter example above.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The irony in dismissing Norwich as dreadful, yet hailing Mata and Matic for their performances against them.
If anyone is falling into a trap of believing a corner has been turned it's those that think Mata should be a regular first XI starter because he played well against Norwich at Home.

He's started 6 games in the PL this season. We've won 2 of them.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Bless him.

To be fair to Solskjaer, he's won the lottery here - gets to manage a global giant without being even remotely qualified, has obviously been told to get 5th and he's safe as long as he keeps the masses happy.

You can't really fault him for being himself - yes, he's a nothing manager at this level, but that's on Woodward and the Glazers.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Sometimes just keep quiet.
After getting battered, played around with, my opponent took a selfie with a fan during our fight, before finally deciding to knock me out in the 4th , I say “well he turned up and used both hands so that shows he respects me”

I suppose next week Ole will find it respectful that Klopp sends out 11 players

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Also all the Ole in cultist saying the board didn’t back him during the summer from the horse mouth ;

Solskjaer on the anti-Glazer chants: “ I can only say from when I’ve been here I’ve been backed by the owners, I’ve been backed by Ed and they’re supporting me.”

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
After getting battered, played around with, my opponent took a selfie with a fan during our fight, before finally deciding to knock me out in the 4th , I say “well he turned up and used both hands so that shows he respects me”

I suppose next week Ole will find it respectful that Klopp sends out 11 players
First you dig up fans comments to make them out to be an article. Then you copy Goldbridge example on a boxing game?
See, it is not that easy to say the right thing everytime, and certainly not always being original ;) Wouldnt read to much into it mate.

Rhyme Animal

Also all the Ole in cultist saying the board didn’t back him during the summer from the horse mouth ;

Solskjaer on the anti-Glazer chants: “ I can only say from when I’ve been here I’ve been backed by the owners, I’ve been backed by Ed and they’re supporting me.”
Yeah, that quote basically silences any notion that Ole hasn't been backed.

Also, if he's lying about that to protect Woodward - then he's clearly a yes-man.

It's a massive quote really in regard to the on-going Ole in / out arguments.

Gasolin

It's crazy how Ed, the Glazers and Ole have convinced the Ole In crowd that it takes 2 - 3 seasons to carry out a rebuild and get us competing. I mean sure if we were a club like Tottenham it can take that long but when you're currently one of the richest and most decorated clubs ever the rebuild shouldn't be this slow.
Zero understanding of the impact of the LBO on our club that statement... just... Yeah, of course, if you think we are an oil company, you're following the wrong club of Manchester.

OrcaFat

Good win yesterday but his comments were embarrassing. I know sometimes one should not be hung up too much on words but his attitude doesn't come across as a winner. He looks content with some wins and is not understanding the gravity of managing such a big club. His attitude is like he has 4 years to take us to the top so why hurry.

Be a bit more ruthless and demanding. Act like you are managing a big club and not some club in Molde.
It would be a rare thing to take a side that barely finished top 4 over the last seven years and get them to the top in two years. In reality we’d be firing managers every two years and would literally never get there.

I’m quite happy for Ole to get us back to the top in 4 years. Three years to go, then kings again, sounds good. And if that’s the case, why get uptight if it doesn’t happen over night? It’s beyond reason to expect immediate success.

jem

Don't think that's going to work on Ole cultists. Not when they hang on to every word he says. Pointless debating with them as they're driven by emotion and misplaced romance.

My god that is embarrassing. What the feck was thinking saying 'you know you're going places'?

90 + 5min

Mourinho & LvG -

F.A Cup winners
Europa League winners
League Cup winners
Multiple Top 4 finishes

Moyes & OGS -

0 Trophies
0 Top 4 finishes

So, yeah... how anyone at this point would suggest that hiring better managers isn't the way to go is an obvious WUM imo, because no true Utd fan would prefer the latter example above.
They are just popping up these kind of posts. Without any meaning or reflection. We get it. You would love us to lose all the time so Solskjaer gets sacked. We get it. You would love to have it your way then actully supporting the team.

To even write this kind of post is just so nonchalant without even mentioning how long time they have been at the club. Impressive how low some of our supporters are going.

Gasolin

Come one man. If Moyes or Mourinho had said that....

Call a spade a spade for god's sake.
What's the big deal? There are numerous quotes of players saying he's brutal behind the doors. That's all we care about. Everything else? Just BS. He's not going to let the players down openly, then they are going to be affected and they cannot perform even more. Jose bis then? Why would we do that s***, this is Manchester United, we handle our problems in-doors, not in public. Stop focusing on stupid quotes. Stop. This is getting ridiculous. The Ole out brigade doesn't see any improvements and keep looking for weird quotes to say something.

Here's a simple rule in life: If the only thing it does is bring negativity without any positive, it's useless. Jose can sulk all he wants in press conferences if he likes. But if that doesn't pay off, that's useless. It's better to find positives to say and handle all the other stuff face to face in the dressing room.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yeah, that quote basically silences any notion that Ole hasn't been backed.

Also, if he's lying about that to protect Woodward - then he's clearly a yes-man.

It's a massive quote really in regard to the on-going Ole in / out arguments.
I honestly feel like going through all the “great ole signings in the summer, but blame the crap midfield on the board not backing him” and replying with that quote directly from Ole himself

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Was silly but people hanging onto this sort of comments and getting upset and embarrassed need to have a look at themselves.

Big chunk or our support this load of years have turned into Fannies.
Honestly. It shows how dimwitted he is, how little ambition he has, how he’s lowering expectations, how the heck is that supposed to motivate and inspire players?

The truth of City playing no strikers is that Ole got exposed as a one truck poney and out manoeuvred by Pep. It’s pretty naive to beat City one way and expect them not to adapt to you when they play you 3 weeks later. Now the test is can Ole think of a new way to beat City.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Mourinho & LvG -

F.A Cup winners
Europa League winners
League Cup winners
Multiple Top 4 finishes

Moyes & OGS -

0 Trophies
0 Top 4 finishes

Top 4 ain't a trophy mate last time I checked. And those managers who won those titles still got sacked because the football was shite. So what's yer point?
All these people getting so butthurt just because somebody has a different opinion to them is quite sad really.

Rhyme Animal

They are just popping up these kind of posts. Without any meaning or reflection. We get it. You would love us to lose all the time so Solskjaer gets sacked. We get it. You would love to have it your way then actully supporting the team.

To even write this kind of post is just so nonchalant without even mentioning how long time they have been at the club. Impressive how low some of our supporters are going.
I appreciate you replying, but in my opinion, you're an obvious WUM.

Your posts don't read as someone who actually cares about Man Utd, or is a genuine follower of the club.

I imagine that should the club employ a decent manager and turn a corner, you'll no longer be found posting here - I guess time will tell...

Alabaster Codify7

I honestly feel like going through all the “great ole signings in the summer, but blame the crap midfield on the board not backing him” and replying with that quote directly from Ole himself

I said a few days back mate when he said something similar regarding this January window. He's really stuck his neck out here because he's essentially telling the fans that the money is there to spend. So if it's not spent, it's on him. If it was never there to spend, he's covering for the board and is a Yes Man who cares less about the club than he lets on, and more about his own job.

He currently doesnt have a midfield, going into our toughest run of fixtures yet, with an open transfer window. Don't give me this bullshit about "the right midfielder wasnt available" please Ole - ANY midfielder would add a body to the squad and help us out, we don't have a midfield. If we don't sign one this window, I'm sorry, the money was not there because no sane manager would allow this window to pass knowing what we have in store and the players we have at our disposal at present.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I appreciate you replying, but in my opinion, you're an obvious WUM.

Your posts don't read as someone who actually cares about Man Utd, or is a genuine follower of the club.

I imagine that should the club employ a decent manager and turn a corner, you'll no longer be found posting here - I guess time will tell...
Here we go..

"I'm a better fan than you because .....(insert lameass excuse here)." How can you question someone's loyalty just because you don't agree with them?

You're embarrassing yourself.

Gasolin

I said a few days back mate when he said something similar regarding this January window. He's really stuck his neck out here because he's essentially telling the fans that the money is there to spend. So if it's not spent, it's on him. If it was never there to spend, he's covering for the board and is a Yes Man who cares less about the club than he lets on, and more about his own job.
Jesus... it's his job as the manager of Manchester United to provide unity to the team. He's not going to say he's not backed, no matter what. That's childish. They are supposed to be grown ups, those discussions are for internal matters, not for you.

And you genuinely cannot say Ole doesn't care about the club. If anything, he's doing a job for the club, a painful job maybe that you can only do if you love the club. After all, "fans" want his head just because he's trying to show unity for the club, qualify him as a YES man when you have no idea what the discussions are really. It's just his job description. His job description is to also protect United, in case you didn't notice. Just because some childish manager a la Jose didn't do it, doesn't mean that all managers shouldn't do it.

matt10000

I think if your argument hangs on “But Alex Ferguson...”, you have already lost.

The man was a genius and he had already done genius in the game before he even arrived in Manchester. The fact that the club once gave time to a genius coming into a struggling giant cannot be the basis for anyone’s argument. Prefacing it with “I know he is not SAF...” destroys the whole argument. There are many, many examples of managers arriving at teams and characteristics and imprints being visible from the first few games. Ole hasn’t done that, and there has been no change over a 12 month period.

Things are getting worse because he is starting to say the wrong things now too and repeat tired and uninspired cliches in pressers.

There is far more evidence to suggest that he isn’t a top manager, and his win percentage is now becoming crucial after so many games. It’s not good enough. We are twelve months in and have a good group of players, much better than Sheffield United, Wolves and Palace. Why are we closer to them than we are to Leicester?

We don’t have evidence of tactical nous, we don’t have evidence of a manager who knows how to win, we don’t have any historical patterns or achievements to point to and we don’t have a defined style of play on the pitch. What exactly are you hanging your hat on?

Wasting so many years of top talents makes me so sad, and I don’t want to waste another 2-3 on a manager who was chosen for all the wrong reasons.
We won any trophies yet under Ole? Do we look set to finish second?
No you have to align expectations to reality.

Pep, Klopp......not even Jesus Christ himself would get us to second place with this squad, injuries and Woody/Glazers leadership we have had this season.

It would be interesting to see the split in for against for the below 30s and above 30s as I suspect the below 30s are a lot more impatient and unrealistic about the actual situation we in, the situation that Ole inherited and the constraints he has to work within.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole's recent comments is the definition of inferiority complex. Some people actually think his comment shouldn't be a cause for concern but this just makes me worried about the fan base too. It's clear we've hired another Moyes. People will say we've done the proven and accomplished managers with LVG and Mourinho, well here's a new one. We've also done the managers whose only experiences are low tier teams with David Moyes and now Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.