Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Some people have already decided that Solskjær is the new Moyes so they're constantly looking for validation of their opinion by making shit up that wasn't actually said.
Who needs enemies with supporters like these.
I honestly don’t understand the way you think. Seriously?

If supporters honestly don’t believe he has what it takes, if they’re worried about his recent comments to the media, if they think that his appointment was to soon then what should they do?

We all want the best for our club and I understand it’s frustrating with divided opinions but this is not the way to go.

steakpie

My god. I cant believe Ive just read that. Pathetic to hear that from a Mancheter United manager.
I agree. Moyes-esque. Although Ole has said alot of positives since coming in, saying to play for United you need to be a top player, some players need a reality check etc.

Minimalist

If supporters honestly don’t believe he has what it takes, if they’re worried about his recent comments to the media, if they think that his appointment was to soon then what should they do?

We all want the best for our club and I understand it’s frustrating with divided opinions but this is not the way to go.
Personally I think they should sit tight for a few months at least and stop talking shite, but that's just me.

These people are just looking for reasons to slap Ole about, it's pretty clear.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Similar to Pochettino's quote about Spurs' "real level" being exposed after they had lost to Southampton. A clear message towards the board that the ceiling of the current squad isn't good enough to challenge if the title is going to be decided on 95 points.

Funnily enough, Mourinho said the exact same thing on MUTV just a week after we had finished second in 2018 and he punctuated the need for reinforcements. We all know what happened afterwards.

The good thing is that Ole has more support from the fanbase than Mourinho would ever hope for. He should make good use of it and hopefully stir our version of the Titanic away from the iceberg.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

If supporters honestly don’t believe he has what it takes, if they’re worried about his recent comments to the media if they think that his appointment was to soon then what should they do?

The trouble is, people tend to see exactly what they want to see, which often leads to misinterpretation. Negative people see negativity, positive people see positivity.

On challenging the top 2 next season
It is not realistic. Of course I’m an optimist but I don’t think that’s realistic, because the two teams now at the top of the table they are far ahead of the chasing pack.

We have to make sure that we are getting closer and moving that way up the table and not looking over the shoulders because there are big clubs, good clubs wanting to chase that top six. You’ve got Leicester, Everton, Watford, probably Newcastle, you’ve got clubs that want to chase us. We have to make sure that we are ones who chase those ahead of us.

Try reading the entire statement again but making sure to keep an open mind whilst doing so

El Jefe

The posters that act like things will just work themselves out under Ole really confuse me.

Objectively speaking, he's clearly the worst coach in the top 6 and by some distance too, he's also got many players who aren't good enough and we're not sure if he actually has the backbone to gut this squad and drop certain players. Looking at things objectively its more likely this ends up as a disaster rather than successful.

That's not me saying Ole will definitely fail but I'm saying I 100% understand the reservations that many poster have about him. Make no mistake about it, his appointment is the biggest risk out of all the post fergie managers.

AJ10

MCFC did this. They allowed contracts to expire of those players who were not deemed good enough.
Though of course, MCFC are not run to make money - they are run to win trophies.
I made this point in a post afterwards.

we don't have owners who will do that.

rotherham_red

Besides Moyes, every manager post-Fergie has come into United souding optimistic only to quickly change their tune. At some point us fans are going to have to recognise that may be because of the squad not because they're bad coaches. Van Gaal had issues, Mourinho had issues and its possible that Ole will prove to have issues too. However, the common denominator here is not the manager.

Some people, bizarrely, want Ole out. They think that another manager will suddenly change everything. People need to wake up. Even if we brought Sir Alex Ferguson back he'd have to clear out this dressing room, re-establish the manager's authority and hope he wasn't undermined by senior management to right the ship.

You put Pep Guardiola in charge of this squad and it still struggles to qualify for the Champions League. Lukuaku isn't going to develop the touch and balance of Kun Aguero just because we change the manager.
Finally, someone gets it.

You'd think after 6 years and 3 managers, the penny would have finally dropped but alas, it seems chance would be a fine thing...

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Talks about ruthlessness, continues to pick the worst performers every week. Well in Ole.

buba007

Solskjær should play as City play. Two offensive midfielders and one defensive midfielder. Too much burden on Pogba to create. We should not rely on two 30 year olds in Sanchez and Mata. Gomes and Chong should play instead. Ole talks highly about our youngsters, but they hardly play. 5 minute her and 10 minute there. Look at Foden at City and Hudson Odoi at Chelsea. They have played much more. Also they have played full games.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForestRGoinUp

Personally I think they should sit tight for a few months at least and stop talking shite, but that's just me.

These people are just looking for reasons to slap Ole about, it's pretty clear.
Yea it seems like you’re taking things too personally with Ole already and that’s going to cloud your judgement. People might be attacking/questioning the CV, but I doubt there’s been more than 1 or 2 knobs that are out to attack Ole the man.

You should recalibrate.

zonaldefending

Liverpool Fan
Question about OGS from an outsider. Obviously, there will be big changes to the squad for next year so what we see this year will likely change next year. So, my question to you all is. What is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's playing philosophy going forward? What will Manchester United's style under this manager be?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Could Dalot, Chong, Gomes & Garner be worse then Young, Matic, Mata & Sanchez have for the past 18 months
No mate. I’d really respect Ole for it as well. I’m sick to death of mediocrity being rewarded with starts.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Question about OGS from an outsider. Obviously, there will be big changes to the squad for next year so what we see this year will likely change next year. So, my question to you all is. What is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's playing philosophy going forward? What will Manchester United's style under this manager be?

Remember when we played you with a massive injury list and had to make three first half subs against you and we drew 0-0. It’ll be like that game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think there is a clear answer to the question, Ole has used different styles for different games. At first the team was playing high press but then we had issues with injuries and seem to have abandoned that. We're going into the unknown here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Based on his time with Molde and Cardiff and the first 15 games of his United stint, before the poor fitness of our players forced him to abandon that approach temporarily, Ole favours a fast attacking 433 formation with a high backline and equally high press.

ForestRGoinUp

Could Dalot, Chong, Gomes & Garner be worse then Young, Matic, Mata & Sanchez have for the past 18 months
Dalot doesn’t pump long balls quite like Youngy does to Rashy. That’s only slightly tongue in cheek as part of his plan is literally pumping long balls to Rashy. And Youngy does this endlessly.

Kapardin

Based on his time with Molde and Cardiff and the first 15 games of his United stint, before the poor fitness of our players forced him to abandon that approach temporarily, Ole favours a fast attacking 433 formation with a high backline and equally high press.
It's probably the only hope I'm clinging to. With a good summer, we might do decently in the league under Ole even if he doesn't show elite potential as his style would be enough to deal with most teams in the league. Unlike lower tier managers like Moyes, he does have a distinctive attacking style. Still not enough to do better in Europe, but I'll take a comfortable 3rd of 4th next season.

Minimalist

Yea it seems like you’re taking things too personally with Ole already and that’s going to cloud your judgement. People might be attacking/questioning the CV, but I doubt there’s been more than 1 or 2 knobs that are out to attack Ole the man.

You should recalibrate.
I'm not a fecking computer monitor. :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's probably the only hope I'm clinging to. With a good summer, we might do decently in the league under Ole even if he doesn't show elite potential as his style would be enough to deal with most teams in the league. Unlike lower tier managers like Moyes, he does have a distinctive attacking style. Still not enough to do better in Europe, but I'll take a comfortable 3rd of 4th next season.
Same here, as long as we see a sense of progression in the team, I'd be more than happy with a top four finish next season.

The board need to back him properly for that to happen, though.

BlueHaze

Would seriously want to interview him and ask him why he is starting Jones and Young in 2019.

Jonno

Solskjær should play as City play. Two offensive midfielders and one defensive midfielder. Too much burden on Pogba to create. We should not rely on two 30 year olds in Sanchez and Mata. Gomes and Chong should play instead. Ole talks highly about our youngsters, but they hardly play. 5 minute her and 10 minute there. Look at Foden at City and Hudson Odoi at Chelsea. They have played much more. Also they have played full games.
We simply can’t because our defence is rubbish. Imagine leaving Jones Young and Smalling exposed

crossy1686

career ending

No one has the authority to state whether or not they believe he has what it takes at this stage of his tenure. Unless you're a multi-millionaire business owner who has experience at hiring and firing at the very top of your company, I fail to see what life experience you have to judge a man on his job when he's only been doing it for a few months and he has a load of players from previous managers at his disposal.

If we have a good summer, recruitment wise, and we're still shit by Christmas then by all means, judge away but judging Solskjær's ability today is beyond knee-jerk territory.

People complain about his comments but he's what? The 4th manager in 6 years to say the same thing, you think perhaps it's about time we started believing one of them? There's absolutely no difference in hiring Solskjær in March or in June. It was always going to happen regardless of this run in form, and one think you've got to remember is Solskjær gave us the opportunity to play against the likes of PSG and Barcelona so it's no wonder we're in bad form if we're playing teams that are ahead of us right now.

ForestRGoinUp

No one has the authority to state whether or not they believe he has what it takes at this stage of his tenure. Unless you're a multi-millionaire business owner who has experience at hiring and firing at the very top of your company, I fail to see what life experience you have to judge a man on his job when he's only been doing it for a few months and he has a load of players from previous managers at his disposal.

If we have a good summer, recruitment wise, and we're still shit by Christmas then by all means, judge away but judging Solskjær's ability today is beyond knee-jerk territory.

People complain about his comments but he's what? The 4th manager in 6 years to say the same thing, you think perhaps it's about time we started believing one of them? There's absolutely no difference in hiring Solskjær in March or in June. It was always going to happen regardless of this run in form, and one think you've got to remember is Solskjær gave us the opportunity to play against the likes of PSG and Barcelona so it's no wonder we're in bad form if we're playing teams that are ahead of us right now.
We have the authority, the freedom and the platform to do just that.

BlueHaze

Who do you want him to pick?
Smalling is on the bench so him for Jones. Dalot for Young. I'd even take some from our academy ahead of these two clowns. If it was only this game then fine but I'm worried because they are likely to start in plenty of games next season as well.

podurban2

This is a forum you know :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.