Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yali

Sack him and then hire him as the interim manager. He was always a great Substitute.
Sack ole and appoint whom??. It'll just put Carrick in charge and that won't help at all.

We've got to make sure poch is available before we fire ole.

Jonno

Stick by the manager.

The signings he has made have been brilliant.

We are going through a very rough patch but we just need some luck with injuries and getting our best players back.
His coaching have coincided with about 10 muscular injuries in the space of a few weeks. He’s run them into the ground in pre-season. His tactics are basic, he can’t influence his players, he can’t turn games round, he doesn’t seem to know he’s doing a bad job, he thinks he’s doing a good job. He’s entered the delusional stages of management. We’re back where we were when it all went wrong with Mourinho last season, because we made the wrong choice in manager. We should have gone all out for an actual top class manager. We have the money, we have the power and the stature. Yet we’re stuck with an amateur manager who was in charge of Molde.

Maguire, Dan James and Wan Bissaka were good signings, but AWB wasn’t rocket science, we were seriously in need of a right back, and Wan Bissaka was one of the best right backs in the PL, 21 years old, English and available for £50m from a club who wanted the money. I thought it was a good idea to buy him as early as January, that doesn’t make me brilliant in the PL transfer market. Mourinho wanted Maguire, Pep wanted Maguire, Ole wanted Maguire. It’s not brilliant transfer business to write Maguire and Wan Bissaka on a piece of paper and pass it to Ed. Getting a tip off from Giggs to snap up James isn’t brilliant transfer business.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't believe people are longing for Jose again, go back and watch how awful we played under him, it was awful to watch, even if we won more. He was miserable and so were all of us.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Stick by the manager.

We are going through a very rough patch but we just need some luck with injuries and getting our best players back.
Half the caf could’ve made 2 of those signings, James was suggested by Giggs.
Since when does a manager’s job consists of only signings?
Ridiculous argument.

el3mel

We had world class manager who wanted to do something here. Not because he "loves the club" or he " knows the club". Because he is professional who wants to win at any cost. We should have back him 100%. I know that @roonster09 will jump on me after this but as much as we did that in first 2 seasons, in third season( after he finished 2nd and played in cup final) we gave up from him. If we bought him defender, winger and full back, we would be for sure now in CL and in top4 at least. Without Pogba probably and without champagne football but we would have results. Our squad would be little bit older but so what? Barca, Real, Juve, City, Pool..they all have mix of that. They all have older players in squad. We made a mess just because Jose wanted 2 30y old players.
Forget Mourinho, I'll take Moyes ahead of our clueless current manager. He seemed to have more tactical ideas than Ole actually.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, we guys are just saying to you guys that we had fantastic manager and we fecked it up. And it is becoming obvious after every day.
What's obvious is we fecked up his replacement. He wasn't fantastic manager for ManUtd. He acted like a twat and was sacked. Even Jose said he deserved to be sacked.

United Hobbit

Luckily for us indeed... If we've got anything left about us, he'll be getting sacked tonight.

He doesn't deserve another minute.

The blind leading the blind sums up him and his coaching staff.

These clowns will get us relegated.

The worst Utd manager I've ever seen.
I don't think it helps that his coaching staff are inexperienced as well. Wasnt the plan originally that Carrick work under Jose so learn the ropes so to say for a bit? Then Jose was sacked. So he is inexperienced himself and meant to be assisting Ole. Phelan has been away from the PL for a while and I dont know that much about McKenna. So Ole lacks the experience himself to "carry" them and they themselves arent experienced enough to "carry" him. City have Arteta on their coaching staff but look who he is working under! I think that was the plan with Carrick and Jose
However we dont even see them teaching what they themselves were good at if you're struggling at least do a bit of that eg Ole work on finishing and the tips that helped him when he was a player. Carrick on passing etc

Ixion

Can't believe people are longing for Jose again, go back and watch how awful we played under him, it was awful to watch, even if we won more. He was miserable and so were all of us.
I think I'm the only person longing for Van Gaal.

United Hobbit

Also didn't he say something about the international break finally allowing them to do some proper analysis? Anyone watch the City documentary that was on Amazon a while ago? They were making the players watch clips from every game and going through what happened with them doing a proper meeting with analysis etc.

I would love to see a similar documentary made about us so we know exactly what they do do in training

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What's obvious is we fecked up his replacement. He wasn't fantastic manager for ManUtd. He acted like a twat and was sacked. Even Jose said he deserved to be sacked.
I agree that we fecked up after him. And i agree that he acted like a twat and that he deserved to be fired. But nothing of that would happened if we backed him last summer and gave him players. Just that. That is why i am saying that club fecked up with Mourinho.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Anyone want to quote Paul Ince when he said we should not have made Ole permnament.

TsuWave

Stick by the manager.

Maguire has not been brilliant, and he wasn’t unearthed by Ole. AWB has been good but he was an obvious signing, and Giggs takes the credit for James.

We have been shit when those players were available. Ole has presided over our worst run of form since 1962 and over our worst start to the prem.

OLE IS A SHIT MANAGER

Judas

Open to offers
I agree that we fecked up after him. And i agree that he acted like a twat and that he deserved to be fired. But nothing of that would happened if we backed him last summer and gave him players. Just that. That is why i am saying that club fecked up with Mourinho.
Even if he'd got the players in he wanted, all the signs were there that a meltdown was on the way. He'd lost the dressing room, like he does basically every time.

Enigma_87

You know who
No, we guys are just saying to you guys that we had fantastic manager and we fecked it up. And it is becoming obvious after every day.
I rarely agree with @roonster09 concerning managers, but he's right in this case. As soon as Jose and the board began looking at a different direction his fate was sealed. He wouldn't have made it better because he was downed tools at the time and fell out with pretty much everyone.

I was one of Jose's supporters at the time and wanted him to be a success, but he had to go.

What we did wrong was the diabolical appointment of Ole.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell same arguments from a year. Jose losing his shit in third year is not something that happened only at ManUtd.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Stick by the manager.

This has already been addressed several times. Quit the parakeet act.

Acole9

Outstanding
Half the caf could’ve made 2 of those signings, James was suggested by Giggs.
Since when does a manager’s job consists of only signings?
Ridiculous argument.
There was a poster on here the other day (Sorry can't remember their name) but they hit the nail on the head. The three players signed needed little scouting, Maguire and Wan Bissaka have been well known to many for a good while now. As for James he was recommended by Giggsy and was talked about in the Championship.

pat dunne

Maguire has not been brilliant, and he wasn’t unearthed by Ole. AWB has been good but he was an obvious signing, and Giggs takes the credit for James.

We have been shit when those players were available. Ole has presided over our worst run of form since 1962 and over our worst start to the prem.

OLE IS A SHIT MANAGER
Maguire is what he is , bang bang average . We overpaid by about £60 million because we want a "British core", That is a core that would get the club relegated . Get Ole and Phelan out of the club before midnight

Last edited by a moderator:

JK-27

Stick by the manager.

Maguire is not an 'Ole signing', in the sense that only Ole noticed his talent. Jose wanted Maguire last season and Woodward denied it, saying he was too expensive. Then all of a sudden this summer we do buy, for £10 million more than we could have got him last summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Even if he'd got the players in he wanted, all the signs were there that a meltdown was on the way. He'd lost the dressing room, like he does basically every time.
It is not like that. He didn't lose dressing room in Chelsea( first time) and Inter. I guess it depends of type of players that he has. When you look at it now, what players in our dressing room didn't like him? Pogba and Martial only. Even Shaw later said that Jose helped him a lot

foolsgold

Hard to defend what we say today, but I'm not sure what else he could do.

They players aren't good enough, decades of under performance in youth has left us putting on players like Chong that are miles off where they need to be; Greenwood might make it in the future, but he's nowhere near premier league standard today.

Without Pogba and Martial we don't have the class required to win premier league matches.

People seem to want miracles from Ole, but no one could win with that squad.

nirav

Someone please tell ole that working hard does not mean a tactic in football. You work hard because you are a footballer and that is the most basic thing you should do. When you play for Manchester United you do not just work hard you manage to win playing quality football along with working hard.

George The Best

Hard to defend what we say today, but I'm not sure what else he could do.

They players aren't good enough, decades of under performance in youth has left us putting on players like Chong that are miles off where they need to be; Greenwood might make it in the future, but he's nowhere near premier league standard today.

Without Pogba and Martial we don't have the class required to win premier league matches.

People seem to want miracles from Ole, but no one could win with that squad.
It’s the managers fault to end up with such a weak squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.